19 GT350 Handling Package

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
I wonder if its worth finding tamper proof screws for this...unless everyone gets one in which case anyone who could use one would already have it. Might still be worth considering.
I probably won’t use mine on the street just because it has to hurt the mileage of the car, and especially if it sucks up rocks that chip the paint as was discussed in another thread. As near as I can tell, the flap is specifically made for the ‘19 GT350 spoiler/wing, and I don’t know what else it would fit (although that might not stop someone from taking it).
Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I probably won’t use mine on the street just because it has to hurt the mileage of the car, and especially if it sucks up rocks that chip the paint as was discussed in another thread. As near as I can tell, the flap is specifically made for the ‘19 GT350 spoiler/wing, and I don’t know what else it would fit (although that might not stop someone from taking it).
Agree that one might as well save it if not desirable for aesthetics/ego w/street use. On the other hand I wouldn't think it a big drag contributor especially at highway speeds - not when it it isn't a significant drag cost at track speed. The idea is that it pulls the separated over & under wing air-streams together sooner for less low pressure behind it (thus less drag). That assumes it was done right which seems a safe bet. BTW thats the same reason the rear valence has air channels directed upward - to combine those over vs under streams sooner for less drag.
The rock damage thing is interesting - I already have a rear panel protection sheet & using a gopro to watch experiment in mind. I wonder if they would mind if I used my camera I bought for here at work for such an experiment it can do 10K frames per second at decent resolution and costs $120K but I think getting it pelted with dirt or rocks might be frowned on ; )

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Love that avatar update - Kona w/black & black! ; )

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I don't know if I got lucky, or if it was a perk as an early number car (K0195) The handling package was not on my window sticker, but this was in the trunk when I picked it up. I would try to order this SKU number if you are interested in adding it to your car, but didn't receive it from the factory.
fullsizeoutput_83b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_83a.jpeg
Hey Scott - can you id the screw parameters for me?

Sponsored

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought a 2019 GT350 last week (originally purchased 8/2020)with Handling Package. It was never installed, the old owner thought it was. He is helping me but Hennessy Ford Atlanta is not responding to our call. My next call is Ford customer service. Any other suggestions? Is there a Rep on this site?

IMG_20221017_093121.jpg

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It's an afternoon to install if you want to take it on yourself. Just threw my Steeda camber plates in last Friday and took me about 2 hours tops with mostly hand tools.

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you understand. The handling package was bought and paid for. But was never installed on the car nor parts put in the car.... it's missing completely.

IMG_20221010_160234~3.jpg

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I don't think you understand. The handling package was bought and paid for. But was never installed on the car nor parts put in the car.... it's missing completely.

Well if you're the second owner that's just your word against Ford's. If the previous owner didn't do his due diligence you're going to be fighting an uphill battle to get Ford to take your word that it wasn't included and wasn't sold before being installed. I wish you the best, but that's going to be an uphill battle. My steeda plates were just as easy to install and adjust and are only $300. Did you get the rear gurney flap at least?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Ford shipped the parts. They probably got removed by the dealership so they didn’t walk off and never made it back in the car. It’s pretty common. As the second owner he’s unfortunately most like out of luck. Aftermarket plates are better any way. I didn’t use the oem’s on my cars.

Well if you're the second owner that's just your word against Ford's. If the previous owner didn't do his due diligence you're going to be fighting an uphill battle to get Ford to take your word that it wasn't included and wasn't sold before being installed. I wish you the best, but that's going to be an uphill battle. My steeda plates were just as easy to install and adjust and are only $300. Did you get the rear gurney flap at least?

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I just bought a 2019 GT350 last week (originally purchased 8/2020)with Handling Package. It was never installed, the old owner thought it was. He is helping me but Hennessy Ford Atlanta is not responding to our call. My next call is Ford customer service. Any other suggestions? Is there a Rep on this site?

IMG_20221017_093121.jpg
Call the parts department, and give them the parts number to the parts, and your VIN number. I bought mine from a dealer that was NOT the original ordering dealer. Called the original dealer, and they had the box with the VIN written on it just sitting on a shelf in the parts department. It gets shipped separately from the car, and directly to the parts department

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350

Ford shipped the parts. They probably got removed by the dealership so they didn’t walk off and never made it back in the car. It’s pretty common. As the second owner he’s unfortunately most like out of luck. Aftermarket plates are better any way. I didn’t use the oem’s on my cars.
See my above post. Box is most likely in the parts department, as they were shipped directly to the parts department, and not in the back of the car

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
He’ll be lucky if there still sitting there. Hopefully he is. Not sure why I need to reference your post. Made sure mine were with the cars at delivery.

See my above post. Box is most likely in the parts department, as they were shipped directly to the parts department, and not in the back of the car
Sponsored