Sponsored

19 GT350 Handling Package

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have a 2019 350 on order and has been in production since Feb 26th and it is loaded except for the handling package. My question to the forum or to anyone who knows someone at Ford do you think the gurney flap will be available to purchase separately from the handling package as I have no interest in the camber plates and if so will it be below the $850 handling package price. I know it's a dealer installed accessory that will ship later than the cars will ship so I may talk to the dealer and see if I can just order a gurney flap by itself.
Sponsored

Wide-Open-Throttle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2005 GMC Canyon, 1967 Camaro
I am in the same boat as you. I currently have an inquiry with my dealer to try and have this option either added on last minute or have the parts ordered.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Even if the wicker bill is available, I doubt the threaded inserts are in the wing if you don't have the wickerbill.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Fair reason... I'm too focused on the performance side sometimes lol
I don't know about that. I am with you - I would 100% want the camber plates.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I'm looking forward to seeing how the flap affects how the car feels... I've never played with aero and will be interesting to me.

OP
OP
Bulldogs22

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I am in the same boat as you. I currently have an inquiry with my dealer to try and have this option either added on last minute or have the parts ordered.
Going to call my dealer today as well keep me updated if you get an answer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bulldogs22

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Fair reason... I'm too focused on the performance side sometimes lol
Yes he is right mostly for aesthetics it has grown on me and it also adds some additional downforcce. For the camber plates I wouldn't ever track the car except once in a blue moon so 95% of the time I would be happy with the factory setup. My main question is if it can taken on and off easily which I would assume so because every spoiler has the tabs on the bottomside looking at pics.

OP
OP
Bulldogs22

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Even if the wicker bill is available, I doubt the threaded inserts are in the wing if you don't have the wickerbill.
Looking at Pics every single spoiler has the tabs on the underside. Makes sense because it doesn't come from the factory on there and its shipped separately to the dealer.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Yes he is right mostly for aesthetics it has grown on me and it also adds some additional downforcce. For the camber plates I wouldn't ever track the car except once in a blue moon so 95% of the time I would be happy with the factory setup. My main question is if it can taken on and off easily which I would assume so because every spoiler has the tabs on the bottomside looking at pics.
my understanding it that is can be. This is in the owners supplement manual:

Your vehicle may include a removable gurney flap in the luggage compartment. The gurney flap greatly enhances high speed stability and performance on the track. It is recommended that you use the gurney flap at all tracks featuring high speed corners and can be used at any track regardless of cornering speeds. Smaller tracks with maximum cornering speeds below 70 mph (112 km/h) may benefit from the removal of the gurney flap to improve low speed balance. It is recommended that the user attaches the gurney flap for all track events and carefully assess both the vehicle's condition and the users capability before removal.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
My home track may not see a benefit from it, but i'm still gonna try it out!

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Does anyone have any info on the new camber plates? Is it worth waiting on these as an aftermarket alternative to the currently available ones?
Sponsored