Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
^This
That matches the results I got. The shifter had to be in drive and AdvanceTrac off to get the full effect.

P1- [email protected] Drag mode, shifter in Sport mode, traction control off, and 5000 RPM burnout. Left the line @ 1500. No wheel spin and soft shifts.

P4- [email protected] Drag mode, shifter in Drive, Advancetrac off, and 5000 RPM burnout. Left the line off idle. Lots of wheel spin, wheel hop through third, and hard shifts.

Cheers,
How do you turn off AdvanceTrac in Drag Mode. I have been unable to do it. I can turn off traction control, but can't turn off AdvanceTrac.
Sponsored

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
How do you turn off AdvanceTrac in Drag Mode. I have been unable to do it. I can turn off traction control, but can't turn off AdvanceTrac.
The configuration sequence matters. First the shifter must be in Drive. Next select drag mode and OK that dialog box. Then hold the traction control toggle up for about 8-seconds. The Advancetrac off dialog box will appear and your done.

Cheers,

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
The configuration sequence matters. First the shifter must be in Drive. Next select drag mode and OK that dialog box. Then hold the traction control toggle up for about 8-seconds. The Advancetrac off dialog box will appear and your done.

Cheers,
Then, you can stay in D or shift to S?

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Then, you can stay in D or shift to S?
Stay in Drive. Drag mode only shifts hard when the shifter is in drive. I think the Advancetrac mode gets reset when changing modes. So, you might want to turn off Advancetrac again if you shift from Drive to Sport mode.

Sport mode shifts are soft to prevent traction loss on a road course.

Cheers,

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
If your base a tune gives you all the drag mode you want. My understanding is stock ecu drag mode shifts around 7400 rpms. Torrie found ecu/tcu rpm limiters in the code on base pp1 a10.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I cannot use drag mode at the strip due to massive violent wheelhop on the 1-2 shift. Obviously, I need to remedy that but I am not quite ready to drop $800-1000 on wheels and drag radials at this time.

I am thinking of experimenting with leaving the starting line in track mode and after the 1-2 shift flipping the toggle into drag mode. The rest of the shifts chirp the tires but there is no hop.

I am not sure if this is even viable. I will first try it at part throttle just to see if there are any obvious ill effects. I have switched modes on the move before (just cruising) and it worked fine but I have never tried it while accelerating.

I might be able to achieve the same thing by having it in drag mode but the shifter in sport....and then shift to drive after the 1-2 shift. Haven't tried that either.

Any thoughts....without telling me that I have lost my mind?

Last edited:

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am thinking of experimenting with leaving the starting line in track mode and after the 1-2 shift flipping the toggle into drag mode.

I might be able to achieve the same thing by having it in drag mode but the shifter in sport....and then shift to drive after the 1-2 shift. Haven't tried that either.

Any thoughts....without telling me that I have lost my mind?
Sorry, none of that will work. It takes too much time to select drag mode and then disable Advancetrac during a 1/4 mile drag.

This worked for me before I locked out the cradle:
1) shifter in drive, select drag mode, and disable Advancetrac.
2) stall the the converter to 1800 rpm and release the brake on the last yellow. Don’t floor it! Roll on the throttle so you don’t break traction.
3) Lightly pedal the car at about 7000 rpm. This will cause the 1-2 shift to be a little early. I floor it after it goes into second and don't lift until I'm through the lights.

Cheers,

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
I have just learned at the strip today that drag mode does not automatically turn off traction control. My launches were terrible on my first two runs, bogging the car down to about 1200 RPM.

2007GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
All you need to do is disconnect the traction control wire that is on the inner fender by the stock CAI. Do this while at the track and there will be no traction control at all.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
All you need to do is disconnect the traction control wire that is on the inner fender by the stock CAI. Do this while at the track and there will be no traction control at all.
That unfortunately kills or turns off drag mode and line lock. On 300a (Base) tuned cars it works great. I run unplugged all the time and never use the line lock.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
That unfortunately kills or turns off drag mode and line lock. On 300a (Base) tuned cars it works great. I run unplugged all the time and never use the line lock.
As HIVEL stated

1) shifter in drive, select drag mode, and disable Advancetrac.
2) stall the the converter to 1800 rpm and release the brake on the last yellow. Don’t floor it! Roll on the throttle so you don’t break traction.
3) Lightly pedal the car at about 7000 rpm. This will cause the 1-2 shift to be a little early. I floor it after it goes into second and don't lift until I'm through the lights.
For me, I do a very light burnout to clean off the tires since I have the 20" Goodyear all weather tires, doing more is a waste of rubber. At #3 I walk it out a few feet then floor it and have reached a best of 1.86 60ft and 12.0@117 bone stock. Unfortunately my car has a tendency to kick advanced trac back on as the tree is coming down so torque limiting takes effect and ruins the run in which case I get a 12.2 to 12.3, still not shabby for stock.
Sponsored