Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Not to mention the issues concerning fitment from those who've purchased the Carbon Dynamics knockoff spoiler...

Sam@CarbonDynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
American Muscle
Not to mention the issues concerning fitment from those who've purchased the Carbon Dynamics knockoff spoiler...
Interesting. So according to your thinking, because some products were defective means all products will be defective forever? Even multi-billion dollar corporations have recalls, it's an inevitable part of running a business of this nature. All you can do is learn from your mistakes and improve. It's that simple.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
When you rushed something out to the market to make a quick buck, yes. But feel free to prove me wrong.

Sponsored

Sam@CarbonDynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
American Muscle
When you rushed something out to the market to make a quick buck, yes. But feel free to prove me wrong.
There is no need to prove anyone wrong, the matter of fact is that mistakes were made. Mistakes were identified. Mistakes were fixed. Easy enough. Things like this happens, doesn't matter if you were the last one to bring a product to market or the very first one. It's the nature of the beast.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ I'm sure those who got defective parts were taken care of.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Seems like insurance companies will have a real easy time totaling these cars with the price of the parts alone. Insurance companies will not care how much ADM there was, only what the MSRP was. The R spoiler alone is almost 1/3 the price of the car. :headbonk:
Spoiler damage + some minor wheel damage and an R will almost definitely be totaled. (42k for all that neat stuff).

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
There is no need to prove anyone wrong, the matter of fact is that mistakes were made. Mistakes were identified. Mistakes were fixed. Easy enough. Things like this happens, doesn't matter if you were the last one to bring a product to market or the very first one. It's the nature of the beast.

I'm sure you'll get it right and take care of people. I was a little surprised at the initial fitment issues and quality (lack of). I know it's not your first rodeo and that you must have some QA process but that guy was on vacation or something ;) I'm sure people will be happy to snatch up this wing for their GTs and V6s, once it's perfected. I don't agree with this and think it's ultra-cheesy but I do agree with capitalism, so to that end, I say good luck!

Curious if Ford has ever asked anyone to not produce a part due to some kind of IP infringement? Can they protect a single part like this? They did patent the entire car this time, which is an interesting move BUT the wing was not shown on the patent drawing, so perhaps it's fair game?

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
How much is the non-r track pack spoiler from Ford?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Insurance companies don't pay full price for OEM parts.
Hell they don't even pay for OEM parts period. Every policy I've ever had said "foctory replacement parts" in the small print which means "it looks like OEM but it isn't"

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Seems like insurance companies will have a real easy time totaling these cars with the price of the parts alone. Insurance companies will not care how much ADM there was, only what the MSRP was. The R spoiler alone is almost 1/3 the price of the car. :headbonk:
Yep, if somebody steals your spoiler and wheels off your R car, at these prices it's totaled. Crazy!!
Sponsored