Not open for further replies.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
@LSchicago Years ago one could do that on St Marys Rd in Lake county. Suburban sprawl killed that.
Anything over 120 will be on a limited access highway that's fairly deserted for me. Way too dangerous on a 2 lane. too many bad scenarios.
Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
This is hilarious. Grown men arguing. I missed this forum. Doesn't happen nearly as often at mbworld...something about Ford Drivers. Notice it on the Raptor forum as well.

Let us try to be better than arguing on the internet....just...be...better.
Best part is, some people here are paranoid about Ford spying on their track activities and reporting it to their insurance companies (*cough* Tomster *cough*). I'm sure the irony is lost when they start telling people how to behave. Can't have it both ways. Go ahead, tell me that driving on a track absolves you of any social responsibility. I get off on that sort of hypocrisy.

5aw7ik.jpg

Venom52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 CFTP, 23 Durango SRT 392
Fast car and couple of private track days and boom Senna reincarnated. His content started off great and now it's so for the tube. Really needs to look at his seating position as well.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I bet that I'm not the only one who wishes this thread would dry up if for no other reason than attention.
I've been worried this forum has dried up lately. It is interesting conversation to say the least. Face it, its been dead around here lately.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is hilarious. Grown men arguing. I missed this forum. Doesn't happen nearly as often at mbworld...something about Ford Drivers. Notice it on the Raptor forum as well.

Let us try to be better than arguing on the internet....just...be...better.
Interesting. I think the conversation has been quite civil. When it gets to the point of arguments as opposed to discussion, the mods will be by to clean it up, Im sure.

Sponsored

btcarmd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
Americans generally have a widespread problem with ethics and legality.

It's possible for something to be illegal and ethical. Conversely, it's also possible for something to be legal and unethical.

What's more dangerous? Driving 70 mph in a full sized SUV or driving 90 mph in a McLaren 720S?

I would submit to you that even though one is legal and the other is breaking the law, the 720s can stop in a shorter distance, swerve and steer and avoid better, etc. I always tell people doing 75 mph in my 4Runner is more dangerous than 100 mph in my GT350.

I'm not trying to fully justify 173 on a non closed road, but the idea isn't as black/white as it's being presented.

Watching morons drive 70 mph towing a boat with a vehicle that's right on the edge of its capacity, one can't help but recognize the idea that just because something is legal doesn't make it smart or risk free. Conversely, if someone is exceeding the speed limit, even significantly, depending on the conditions, while illegal doesn't necessarily make it automatically excessively risky or irresponsible.

There's a lot of irresponsible isht that happens in the car enthusiast world, and I'm not sanctioning what happened in the video, but let's stop using the law as some sort of end all measuring stick for appropriateness or sensibility.
This just might be the best quote I have seen in a long time. It could be applied to so many things going on in our society.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Seems a bit excessive for public roads , IDK maybe I’m getting old.
Forget legal issues, its the ethics of entertaining yourself at the risk of unsuspecting public drivers like moms with babies in car seats and old farmer bumpkins tooling around in their farm service truck.

Cant take your track car to the track and post video of you getting powned by real drivers as you learn skill and responsibility beyond that of a high schooler?

wow. Look how big a loser I am exploring my track car capabilities around old ladies, soccer moms and general public.

That dude is an absolute freakn loser promoting that behavior around unsuspecting public on public roads.

The gloves, wearing gloves, omg…

Hope his 10,000 hrs community service involves riding the bus to go mop floors in the ER.

Save it for the track!

Last edited:

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Forget legal issues, its the ethics of entertaining yourself at the risk of unsuspecting public drivers like moms with babies in car seats and old farmer bumpkins tooling around in their farm service truck.

Cant take your track car to the track and post video of you getting powned by real drivers as you learn skill and responsibility beyond that of a high schooler?

wow. Look how big a loser I am exploring my track car capabilities around old ladies, soccer moms and general public.

That dude is an absolute fucking loser promoting that behavior around unsuspecting public on public roads.

The gloves, wearing gloves, omg…

Hope his 10,000 hrs community service involves riding the bus to go mop floors in the ER.

Save it for the track!
Holy dramatic hyperbole. Where in the video are these old ladies and soccer moms?

I don't think the speeds he was touching were terribly smart or responsible for the road he was on, I'd much rather prefer he did it on a closed track or course or at least a highway where all vehicles are moving in the same direction or entering moving that direction (like a divided interstate) but let's not be so exaggeratingly dramatic. He wasn't terrorizing school zones and residential streets. Most of the video was rural with nothing on the sides but unimproved grass shoulders.

Can we at least take a measured and reasonable position?

Christ, if your soap opera post were true, we'd just pass laws that don't allow vehicles (except for offroad race vehicles) to ever exceed the maximum speeds across the US (aka 85 mph).

Sponsored

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
About a year & half ago, there was a lot of talk about You Tubers and click-baiting.
At that time this poster was posting informative stuff and I thought he was a step above.
This vid reeks of click-bait desperation and by the discussion it has stirred up, it worked.

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Surprised the Bonehead still has this video posted.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like he took it to 170 a couple times but no way he was going anywhere near that fast for most of the video. Speeding, yes, but overall not as reckless as implied by many posts. Certainly not as reckless as street racers going 100 mph in cities or suburban areas. That car is probably less prone to be thrown out of control by road imperfections at 100 than many cars are at 70. Is this riskier than a leisurely cruise at posted speed limits? Of course, but it doesn't throw me into a fit of outrage.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7

Let it go.png

Gossip.jpg

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think there's any place for that around traffic. That was just moronic IMO.

With that said, on a deserted road, doesn't matter if you're doing 80mph in a 55 or 173. Breaking the law is breaking the law. If you're okay with doing 80 in a 55, what's it matter if there are no risks to the public? Also, you best have the skills to hold on to that car at that speed and know the road. I'd be afraid of catching a pothole.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.