170 MPH on public roads ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
There is a thing called the track. That's where I bounce off the speed limiter of 180 MPH. I don't do that nonsense on public roads because I don't have to.

I work in a safety sensitive job as well. I know that if I did what goose did and got caught, I would loose my job. Neverminded the expenses involved, the loss of income would be HUGE. I don't know what you do for a living, but me and goose are paid a crap load of money to be safe and responsible people.

That is why I was so surprised to not only see what he did, but then post a video on youtube about it. Maybe he should get his brain scanned for tumors or something because that kind of behavior is not becoming of who he is supposed to be.
Zero interest in track driving. Even more rules there than on the street. Safety checklists? Forms and paperwork? Briefings? Sounds like work to me :puke:
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
He even calls himself an "influencer"now .........
We all are to some degree. I've seen it before and honestly I'm not surprised. Just like all the other youtubers out there, they start out with good content. Then comes the money and then comes the fame. Then they do things that they normally wouldn't do.

I know one thing. Youtube doesn't pay as much as what Tim makes. I know what he makes and if he were to ever lose his job, a lot of things would go on the chopping block.

Anyone want to buy a nice garage?

Last edited:

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I always refrain from posting about certain behaviors on the internet. The biggest reason isn’t even the criminal aspect but the civil aspect. I would cry a lot more about losing my wealth vs a year in jail.

If you hit or hurt someone going the speeds spoken about, you are bankrupt. The difference between gross negligence and simple negligence is the punitive aspect of the judgement. Hurt someone at those speeds and the judgement could easily go into the mid 7 digits.

Be careful out there.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Not a bad idea, CJ. Years ago during a Safety Stand Down in Uncle Sam's Navy, we had a DPS Trooper speak and he came with a movie about fatal accidents at railroad crossings. The film was very well done although graphic and stopped each segment just prior to the simulated crash.

It made quite an impression on me and everyone else I talked to about it. Sure couldn't hurt.

We don't have quite the same ranch roads in South Texas as they do out West but I know what they're talking about. It is clearly different than an urban four lane. Not condoning by any means, simply pointing out the difference.
Oh trust me - I know the differences of urban, rural or "country roads" vs densely populated roadways. Everyone thinks NJ is nothing but highways and Corp buildings like some areas of NY. Truth be told, there are many areas in NJ with similar stretches of barren roads, just as there are in other States, regardless if "out west" or "down south" or in the central States.

The points being made is:
What is being displayed in that YT vid (and MANY others like it) is a total lack of common sense, responsibility and disregard for the safety of one's self (and others). Just because a road is barren for a stretch and may be "out of the public eye" doesn't mean that someone doing such speeds won't or can't wreck.

It's not if, it's when. I don't care if the Driver is "the best" or has "the best reflexes", or that "there's no one else out there" - all it takes is something to occur within literally milliseconds and at 100+ it's OVER. There is no repeat, restart button or rewind - it's not a damn game.

All of the damn "reality" TV shows such as the Outlaw Street Racing, Top Gear, Fastest Car, etc.... they're all done in controlled environments where they have a slew of medical personnel on standby. Even though they make those shows out to seem like it's being done out in the wild and truly without a script - they have folks on hand for the "when" something happens.

Again, I don't care if someone wants to top out their vehicle to their hearts desire - the point being made is it is reckless to do so outside of a controlled environment, period.

The Driver of that GT500 in the YT vid, regardless of job title, role or experience has proven nothing more than the fact that he lacks total common sense and is ignorant.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Man it’s scary to think of running at those kind of speeds on undisclosed stretches of road nowadays. I prefer the track, as it’s a more controlled environment. The road in the video looked bumpy, based on the OP bouncing up and down. I do understand people wanting to get the full experience from their cars, because I like to myself. I’m currently setting my car up to run on the drag strip, when I move to Central Florida.

I think every city should have a mini autobahn for performance enthusiasts to drive on and go as fast as they want. It only needs to be a 3-5 mile stretch on the interstate and they can charge drivers $25 a pop to run on it. I’ve given it some thought. Put tire spikes up that have to be lowered by a person at the entrance, Jersey Barrier it off and have a person at the exit in communication with the entrance person giving the all clear to send the next car. Oh, and have an ambulance and EMTs on site in case they’re needed. Prebook online, show up and run it out the back door. This would generate a whole lot of revenue.

Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There is a thing called the track. That's where I bounce off the speed limiter of 180 MPH. I don't do that nonsense on public roads because I don't have to.

I work in a safety sensitive job as well. I know that if I did what goose did and got caught, I would loose my job. Never mind the expenses involved, the loss of income would be HUGE. I don't know what you do for a living, but me and goose are paid a crap load of money to be safe and responsible people.

That is why I was so surprised to not only see what he did, but then post a video on youtube about it. Maybe he should get his brain scanned for tumors or something because that kind of behavior is not becoming of who he is supposed to be.
This hits home for me - and is honestly the reason I’m not recklessly speeding on these desolate roads around here. On the off chance that I get a ticket… my entire life is over (lose my job, then house, then son).

It’s simply not worth it.

There are times that I REALLY wish I had chosen a different line of work so I didn’t have to worry so much about something I do in my personal time causing me to lose my job…

I’ve only ever had one speeding ticket… 10 years ago… and it was in my SUV doing 7 over in a school zone I didn’t see while on vacation. Even that I had to report to my work and is on my permanent record there.

So yeah - like I posted above, I totally get that there are rural places where I couldn’t blame someone for opening ‘er up… but that’s not in the cards for me.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you can go as fast as you like at a drag strip. Nobody says you have to shut it down at the lights, or that you have to show off at the start instead of just rolling into the throttle. @Mikthehun1 you pre-flight your car every time you take it out, right for some 'light' entertainment? Tech inspection catches all kinds of stupid stuff that should have been bloody obvious if the driver had actually looked, but also the not so obvious impending failures.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
you can go as fast as you like at a drag strip. Nobody says you have to shut it down at the lights, or that you have to show off at the start instead of just rolling into the throttle. @Mikthehun1 you pre-flight your car every time you take it out, right for some 'light' entertainment? Tech inspection catches all kinds of stupid stuff that should have been bloody obvious if the driver had actually looked, but also the not so obvious impending failures.
Damn skippy.

unnamed.png

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I always refrain from posting about certain behaviors on the internet. The biggest reason isn’t even the criminal aspect but the civil aspect. I would cry a lot more about losing my wealth vs a year in jail.

If you hit or hurt someone going the speeds spoken about, you are bankrupt. The difference between gross negligence and simple negligence is the punitive aspect of the judgement. Hurt someone at those speeds and the judgement could easily go into the mid 7 digits.

Be careful out there.
Stop it with your rational thinking

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sure....

It would go something like this.... you would be arrested, put in handcuffs, taken to jail and probably spend the night until first appearances. Then you would be arraigned and charged with a felony. By then you might have met Bubba, who asked if you wanted to be the husband or the wife, and then your family would post bail.

From there you would be released to go out into the world and think about what a dumbass you were and where you are going to get the $40,000 it is going to cost you to hire the best lawyer you could find to hopefully somehow get your fellony lowered to a misdemeanor. God forbid you hit someone while doing it, because at that point your life would be over.

Then there is the insurance premiums that would be through the roof if you were to somehow get the charge lowered in some kind of plea.

Yea, it would go something like that, but once they dump you in the cell with Bubba, i dont think you will have handcuffs to play around with.
Tom, you are just encouraging people to drive like this in downtown NY or LA or other cities that are Bubba free zones because they let them out without bail until the trial.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
The douche in the video is a wanna-be racer asshole. Does a bunch of stupid, illegal, highly dangerous shit and posts it on YouTube. Just like millions of other used douche nozzles in the world.

Don't think the authorities are not noticing. Dick heads like this are selfish pricks who are going to fuck it up for the rest of us.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The douche in the video is a wanna-be racer asshole. Does a bunch of stupid, illegal, highly dangerous shit and posts it on YouTube. Just like millions of other used douche nozzles in the world.

Don't think the authorities are not noticing. Dick heads like this are selfish pricks who are going to fuck it up for the rest of us.
But he was wearing driving gloves, doesn't that mean he knows what he is doing and is a professional race car driver? 🙄

More money than brains.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.