Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’ve done that to one …hat. I hate doing that. But some times its necessary.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Probably the most ignorant post I've seen in recent times.
Why, A s/c takes a bunch of power to spin and heats the air while doing it even with twisted rotors. Turbo's don't take 10%-20% of the engines power to spin, And have a better lay out to cool the charge after compressing it. The s/c coolers call for a tall hood, or risk from failure if water cooled And things go bad to really bad when they fail.
What do you think it takes to spin that s/c at peak power?
IIRC Roush stated something like 82hp at full gallop.
The Ford gt uses hair driers Why would they use them in their "halo" car and not the s/c if it was "better"

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
For this particular application, Ford disagreed :

"Ford considered turbochargers, but the parasitic loss from a supercharger was worth it to improve throttle response and power delivery. Ford engineers say the engine makes “well over 850 gross horsepower” before driveline loss. Packaging was a major issue, too. Adding a pair of turbos greatly increases the amount of plumbing needed"

From here : https://www.autoblog.com/2019/08/05...ta6xPFe8r5qBOtakXu0nJfW1AHcUBHOGUNEqzg3SLTXrE

Regardless of personal thoughts and theories, I don't think anyone can deny that what Ford turned out of the factory, with a warranty, knowing full well how hard these cars were going to get beat upon is quite staggering :sunglasses:

WD :like:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
For this particular application, Ford disagreed :

"Ford considered turbochargers, but the parasitic loss from a supercharger was worth it to improve throttle response and power delivery. Ford engineers say the engine makes “well over 850 gross horsepower” before driveline loss. Packaging was a major issue, too. Adding a pair of turbos greatly increases the amount of plumbing needed"

From here : https://www.autoblog.com/2019/08/05...ta6xPFe8r5qBOtakXu0nJfW1AHcUBHOGUNEqzg3SLTXrE

Regardless of personal thoughts and theories, I don't think anyone can deny that what Ford turned out of the factory, with a warranty, knowing full well how hard these cars were going to get beat upon is quite staggering :sunglasses:

WD :like:
Agreed, But I would have liked to see what they come up with in a turbo'd v8 format leaving the dump a s/c on the v8 to the Roush cars. I am thinking it was a space/fitment thing they went with a s/c and not turbo's .
But some calling the idea or opinion that they should have went hair drier "ignorant" is just sad.
Sponsored