Not open for further replies.

voodoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500, 21 X6M50i, 74 Bronco, 21 Tremor, 79 C10
I don’t know about jail but then again: “many times”?
I imagine there’s some children living in some kind of vicinity to these mythical roads where one can fly at airplane speeds, maybe an occasional bicyclist, or an elderly person pulling onto the road dangerously?
Or is this some kind of post-apocalyptic rural community where the only folks you might encounter are the undead?
My thoughts aren’t about jail for you but of the potential tragedy your high speed hobby might cause.
Even if the risk is minimal, I can’t see how it’s justifiable, especially not “many times”.
Go to a track if you really need to do this kind of thing that often.
Or find a less dangerous thing to do to get the same adrenaline rush.
You’re not James Bond, voodoo1, this isn’t a movie, someone could get hurt, and you’ll deservedly feel like a monster for the rest of your life if someone ever does on one of those fun little rides.
Thanks for the ego check. James Bond?? You don’t know where I drive. No bicyclists, no houses for miles, no “old people” pulling out. Ever been to Indiana? Lots of places with less people for MILES than a racetrack. Don’t make assumptions. I don’t tell people how to drive in Toronto, that’s their business.
Sponsored

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Do it on a track. Really a bonehead move, come on.

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Thanks for the ego check. James Bond?? You don’t know where I drive. No bicyclists, no houses for miles, no “old people” pulling out. Ever been to Indiana? Lots of places with less people for MILES than a racetrack. Don’t make assumptions. I don’t tell people how to drive in Toronto, that’s their business.
StOP tElLiNg Me To FoLlOw ThE lAw GuYs CoMe On!

Just cuz you can afford a GT500 doesn't mean you're not a child.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Even if you wipe only yourself out - for example by thinking you really know your favourite road only to find it's not like it was when you last saw it, or through a mechanical malfunction - you're still tying up first responder resources, medical staff for months of rehab and years of care (if you survive), wasting a huge amount of taxpayer money, and driving insurance premiums higher.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Even if you wipe only yourself out - for example by thinking you really know your favourite road only to find it's not like it was when you last saw it, or through a mechanical malfunction - you're still tying up first responder resources, medical staff for months of rehab and years of care (if you survive), wasting a huge amount of taxpayer money, and driving insurance premiums higher.
... which makes it our business, or at least the business of others in Indiana and those who care about them.
I do, I like the people there, nice state.
So please stop endangering, scaring, and threatening to raise the taxes of so many of them nice people already with your ripping’ and roarin’ down country backroads, and take it to a track or try skydiving or rock climbing or something, sheesh!

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
No matter the state, no matter the “isolation”, no matter your justification, your wrong. The fact that anyone would post on a social media forum that it’s ok for them to drive like this is complete and utter recklessness, period.

“I put nobody but myself at risk” Bull shit. I’ve been scraping assholes like this off the road for almost 30 years. You put public safety and technical rescue at plenty of risk when they are pulling bodies of idiots from mangled cars. Tell that to the men and women with PSD from seeing this stupidity on the regular.

Edited to add: I didn’t, and won’t watch the video because I will not add views to someone’s irresponsible and idiotic video.

You’re telling me there are no houses within 1,000 feet from the road that one of these idiots won’t roll end over end into, killing a family of six, 2 dogs, a cat and 4 guinea pigs?

Karma gets everyone in the end.

Last edited:

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
@voodoo1, I'm with you man, rip up those Mexican roads. It's amazing how many legal experts and nagging mothers come out of the woodwork whenever speeding on public roads comes up :crackup:

Go ahead everyone, tell me I've been a naughty boy, I'm a menace to society, and that I'm going to jail without any dessert. I dare you to chastise me, I find it intensely gratifying when people tell me I'm a bad person.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
@voodoo1, I'm with you man, rip up those Mexican roads. It's amazing how many legal experts and nagging mothers come out of the woodwork whenever speeding on public roads comes up :crackup:

Go ahead everyone, tell me I've been a naughty boy, I'm a menace to society, and that I'm going to jail without any dessert. I dare you to chastise me, I find it intensely gratifying when people tell me I'm a bad person.
My last sentence cover it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So please stop endangering, scaring, and threatening to raise the taxes of so many of them nice people already with your ripping’ and roarin’ down country backroads, and take it to a track or try skydiving or rock climbing or something, sheesh!
Taking it to a track is okay. But my chances of dodging an out of control car are much better than dodging a plummeting rock climber or skydiver who's shute didn't open. The car is much more likely to draw attention with sound plus my eyes are better positioned to notice objects coming at me horizontally than vertically.

Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
My feelings are grey. When the description stated 173mph I expected a divided highway. I would definately remove my face from the video though. I dont always follow the law but when I do break it I try not to incriminate myself...

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Let's not forget another unknown variable: animals on the road. As someone who survived a deer strike on a bike, this is a big one.

At high speeds, hitting something as small as a raccoon with a car can be catastrophic, to you and anyone you careen into.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Americans generally have a widespread problem with ethics and legality.

It's possible for something to be illegal and ethical. Conversely, it's also possible for something to be legal and unethical.

What's more dangerous? Driving 70 mph in a full sized SUV or driving 90 mph in a McLaren 720S?

I would submit to you that even though one is legal and the other is breaking the law, the 720s can stop in a shorter distance, swerve and steer and avoid better, etc. I always tell people doing 75 mph in my 4Runner is more dangerous than 100 mph in my GT350.

I'm not trying to fully justify 173 on a non closed road, but the idea isn't as black/white as it's being presented.

Watching morons drive 70 mph towing a boat with a vehicle that's right on the edge of its capacity, one can't help but recognize the idea that just because something is legal doesn't make it smart or risk free. Conversely, if someone is exceeding the speed limit, even significantly, depending on the conditions, while illegal doesn't necessarily make it automatically excessively risky or irresponsible.

There's a lot of irresponsible isht that happens in the car enthusiast world, and I'm not sanctioning what happened in the video, but let's stop using the law as some sort of end all measuring stick for appropriateness or sensibility.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.