15 auto trade for manual?

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Yo guys

Another one of these threads lol :paddle:

I have a 15 GT auto. Ford performance stange 2 and exhaust. Cars great, but i miss slamming gears, feeling clutch. At the same time, it took me an hour 10 minutes to go 22 miles last night because of traffic. And im often in traffic in socal to and from work. Im also kinda tall and got huge feet, so the room down there with a clutch is a little cramped, my feet need to touch at the heels lol. Its not as "ergonomically" comfortable as someone of normal height.

Idk, thoughts? I got this car CPO about 4-5 months ago and am contemplating to switch.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Lol, took me 10 months to do that. I also just got rid of my auto DD for a manual as well.
Traffic is more fun with manual because I like a challenge.
Takes me 30 minutes to go 8 miles every morning and I still wouldn't trade for an auto.

Last edited:

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Manual gives me something to do in traffic.

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Do you ever use the paddle shifters? That’s almost exclusively what I do: vehicle on, shifter to sport, toggle to sport +, then paddle down for full manual.

If it didn’t have the paddle shifters, there’d be no way I would get the auto. I kinda wish I would have gotten a manual but for me I guess it doesn’t really matter since I drive 90% highway with zero traffic.

Actually, scratch that. I wish I would have just gotten a charger scat pack...

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
My usual commute is 20 miles, takes me 45 min to 1-1/2 hrs one way depending on the day and what is going on in Boston. Agree with others, manual keeps me occupied and better yet entertained in traffic. This clutch is easy on the leg to work in traffic, don't let it be the reason to keep you from a manual if its what you want

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Unless I lived at the drag strip or on the streets drag racing I'm just not sure how I could live with an auto. I considered going to an auto before but every time I am ripping gears I know it would be a regretful choice.

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Do you ever use the paddle shifters? That’s almost exclusively what I do: vehicle on, shifter to sport, toggle to sport +, then paddle down for full manual.

If it didn’t have the paddle shifters, there’d be no way I would get the auto. I kinda wish I would have gotten a manual but for me I guess it doesn’t really matter since I drive 90% highway with zero traffic.

Actually, scratch that. I wish I would have just gotten a charger scat pack...
Yes, i use the pedals just about all the time. Why its less rewarding of a feeling idk. But it just feels more fun in a manual on my back road driving n what not. IDK i think im nuts now. lol I also miss revving in under passes. I mean i can put it in neutral but it feels so weird.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Manual in traffic isnt too bad IMO. I can leave mine in gear and coast with plenty of space between myself and the car in front of me. I barely even hit the brakes.

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, i use the pedals just about all the time. Why its less rewarding of a feeling idk. But it just feels more fun in a manual on my back road driving n what not. IDK i think im nuts now. lol I also miss revving in under passes. I mean i can put it in neutral but it feels so weird.
I had a 2005 1.8T GTI before this car and I definitely miss banging gears from time to time. I’m 25 though and having played Forza for so many years (super pumped for Forza 7) and pretty much worshiping the GTR and it’s paddle shifters, I love finally having a car with them. I can control shifting when I want, or throw it into auto when traffic gets heavy. That’s what I call having most of the cake and eating it too.

ALL4SQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium
I lasted 5 months with the Manual car before I traded it in on a 2017 GT Premium. Sport mode with loud exhaust is really fun to drive. Some days it takes me an hour to drive 20 miles.
My only regret is that I bought the manual car in the first place.

Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I had a 2005 1.8T GTI before this car and I definitely miss banging gears from time to time. I’m 25 though and having played Forza for so many years (super pumped for Forza 7) and pretty much worshiping the GTR and it’s paddle shifters, I love finally having a car with them. I can control shifting when I want, or throw it into auto when traffic gets heavy. That’s what I call having most of the cake and eating it too.
I feel old.

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I lasted 5 months with the Manual car before I traded it in on a 2017 GT Premium. Sport mode with loud exhaust is really fun to drive. Some days it takes me an hour to drive 20 miles.
My only regret is that I bought the manual car in the first place.
nicce...
I actualy had a 15/16 WRx manual. Gears were so short, and car was small. Took 3 months of knee and leg pain until i got used to it. Ended up selling the car, and swearing i wont get a manual for daily again. yet here i am contemplating.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Nothing is more satisfying than nailing a Heel/Toe to rev-match down shift before a corner.
Yeah... your pedals may give you the same effect, but I wouldn't say it's as rewarding.
Forza? :lol: I sometimes play as well... but driving in the real world is not video games.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dacia Logan MCV
I passed my test in 1974 and have driven manuals ever since.
I hate them.
Faffing around with a porridge stirrer and squashing a rat with your left foot every few yards is just crackers when the technology has existed for donkey's years to do the job of selecting gears whilst you just get on with enjoying the drive.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Wait what? The WRX is super easy to drive. It almost takes no effort to get it going.
The manual Mustang clutch is heavier even with factory assist spring.
Sponsored