Sponsored

Trade a 2015 GT auto non PP for a 2016 Eco PP auto?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Figure out the hit on what you trade it in for.

Then figure out how many years it will take you to spend that on gas in the GT.

If you take a 5k hit, then figure out how long it will take you to spend 5K in gas for the GT.

Also fill up with regular for your trips to work if you arent. You don't need premium in the GT unless you are racing it. You wont damage your engine, the car is made to run on 87 without any knocking or pinging.
^This. Twice.

For faster cornering, I would start with wheels/tires. That is my plan for my GT auto next year. Suspension bits after that. Spread out the upgrades cost. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Insurance? $200 for the EB.. GT I got quotes for $450+.. so.. Yeah, not happening anytime soon.
$200/month??? Ouch. I'm paying just over $100/month for my GT w/PP; same as my old 2009 GT.

OP
OP

ppiamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT yellow A6 50th AP 3.55
My trade in cost right now is only - 2k from what I paid, yes I got it way below invoice....and they have a buyer for the car.

But for 2K I could get the FRPP suspension package installed and have a GT auto with PP+!

Last edited:

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
I am going to do the same thing with my 15 v6. Except I am going to trade for the bone-stock GT, I don’t need the premium stuff as long as I have an auxiliary input my ipod, a radio, and a manual transmission I am fine, and I hate leather seats.
I too will take a hit but I don’t really care, would rather pay a few thousand more for the rumble/sound of the v8 which I should’ve just done in the first place. Oh well… Just curious, since you took a hit on the trade as well, was it difficult to come to a deal with the dealer? And how much did they buy your v6 for?
If I were you, I would be a little patient until I find a used GT maybe next year so that by the time you trade in your V6 it is either even/washout or get some meager equity. Wait until they are quite a good number of GTs on the lots.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Just wait until the Camaro drops and there will used GTs and incentives all over the place.

A smart man will keep his car for the next 3-5yrs and trade up when the next major refresh occurs.

All the dummies who traded a used 15 for a new 15 will be short on down payment money when the 5.0 gets a bump with an 8 speed trans

Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wait until the Camaro drops and there will used GTs and incentives all over the place.

A smart man will keep his car for the next 3-5yrs and trade up when the next major refresh occurs.

All the dummies who traded a used 15 for a new 15 will be short on down payment money when the 5.0 gets a bump with an 8 speed trans
I bet you're a nice person. but I hate your tag. its the swag thing. :rant:
end rant.

I agree with waiting a few years. unless you can afford the hit.
Measure twice, cut once.

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB
I have two coyote's in my garage, and will never buy ANY vehicle with less than 8 spark plugs as long as I live. Other folks can only afford what the bank says- must be sad:(
Number of spark plugs doesn't equal cost or financial situation.

IMG_0015 (1).PNG

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ BOOOM.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I bet you're a nice person. but I hate your tag. its the swag thing. :rant:
end rant.

I agree with waiting a few years. unless you can afford the hit.
Measure twice, cut once.
LOL
say-swag-again-i-dare-you.jpg

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey EcoSwag1990....What is your thoughts about the FRPP Catback, in terms of sound? I was looking at that and the MagnaFlow Cat too.
The best sounding EB cat back setup I have heard is from MAPerformance.com hands down. I have listened to countless exhausts and its the only setup that is just right, the fact they still includes resonators to tune the sound is better than just crazy rez deletes for this little motor.

This is the car they are running.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
If you're that worried about gas mileage, you are definitely driving the wrong car. Get a used econobox as a daily driver. You will save tons of money in mileage, and you can drive the Mustang on special occasions.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
The best sounding EB cat back setup I have heard is from MAPerformance.com hands down. I have listened to countless exhausts and its the only setup that is just right, the fact they still includes resonators to tune the sound is better than just crazy rez deletes for this little motor.

This is the car they are running.

There is no way to compare EB exhaust sounds using YouTube videos because of things like temp(which makes a huge difference), microphone used etc. Even if u use headphones a lot of them sound much different in person

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Based on my experience I don't think a comparison to your situation is an accurate representation. I would seriously have to try to get less than 17mpg. From what I've seen on here it is a pretty safe bet to say you will see an average of 4-5mpg difference going from 5.0 to 2.3. In the past 17,000 miles the highest I have seen was 36mpg for a 2hr highway drive and the lowest average for a trip was 21mpg when I was driving from my place through Philly. Maybe if I just stayed in Philly at all times it would be less than 17 but then that would be the case for almost any car
I am in the same position right now as the OP, except for the MPG part, I am in the middle of getting a second new car for the little woman and for me (Regardless of the rant about real mustang guys which is just a silly ignorant post) Going from my sweet 5.0 to the EB will be bitter sweet, I get to drive a new platform I have not driven since the mid 80s but revampted. I also did the math. Lets just say mod wise the gains to get the EB close to Stock or mild tuned GT numbers is far cheaper than getting the same gains in the GT, the fact that a lot of shops are able to get well over 350WHP and 400WTQ with as little as a tune, and add to that intercooler, intake and exhaust for less than 2K you can even go higher at the wheels, for that kind of money is a plus. You will just spend 2K alone in longtubes just to hint at 400WHP with the 5.0 and a tune, and still need the rest as well.

Yes the power is linear, sounds amazing, and its a 5.0 there is nothing to hate with that package and in the muscle car feel of it, I can understand why not to go to a lesser build, but somethings things are not about the 5.0. Some people have budgets but love the car itself. So trading down may be the only option. Between the ecoboost and the V6 I would take the EB all day as its already a boosted platform with proven power gains on little money.

As far as MPG I average 21.9 on a 93 octane race tune, my trip to AM's 2015 show from MA to PA was 23.7 average. I am getting the same MPG as I was in my 11 vert 3.7 tuned. Still getting over 360 miles per tank. I know the EB will be better overall in that regard but prob not enough right now with low gas prices as they are.

If the change is finance related, that's understandable.

My take do not go for the EB PP package if you commute, do not get the recaros either. MY GT is a premium with lowering springs and I will not go into a PP EB it was uncomfortable seating, and the ride quality was not very good compared to my GT Premium even with the springs. That is why I am going with the EB Premium then I will work on suspension from there.

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is no way to compare EB exhaust sounds using YouTube videos because of things like temp(which makes a huge difference), microphone used etc. Even if u use headphones a lot of them sound much different in person
Nothing is exact from a recording, but you can tell one really crappy raspy exhaust after another from them. There is a lot lost from them but if you listen to one over another you can tell if its cat and res delete, if there is too much rasp and pop and crackle, general tone stuff like which sounds deeper than the other. Depending on the bit rate used to record the videos makes an impact as well. It is why CJpony parts has such good vids a lot are higher bit rate.

It is not scientific and no one uses professional grade mics half the time but saying you cannot make a comparison is not accurate. I agree you can and will miss a lot of the sound due to loss but you can hear crap when its crap, and still make a general thought of that sounds better than the last one comparison. Did you even watch that vid?

Regardless that exhaust to me sounds the most composed of the exhaust I have heard.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Just to add to the conversation on fuel economy as a deciding factor...

I took these just now.. I dunno, you guys do the math from the last one, maybe the gauge is wrong, maybe I'm interpreting it wrong or maybe my EB is broken or maybe I'm a much more aggressive driver than I thought.. even more so than some one that tracks their car apparently..

Since the last fill up (previous pic)

Lifetime with 200+ mile highway trip averaging 28mpg:
You're not going to get any kind of good fuel economy in a car when you're averaging a little more than 14 mph (your first pic). You either idle a lot, or you're in a lot of stop an go traffic. Even a car rated at 40 mpg would struggle to produce even 25 mpg with that kind of use.

Your highway trip bumped your lifetime speed average to 20mph, and your fuel economy is rose accordingly.

Unless I read that all wrong...
Sponsored