Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

Joeys550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 magnetic gray gt
Does this one have pre amp outputs?
I wanna say it does because there's a ton of aux out plugs that you don't use unless you run an external amp I've been told, but then again i know nothing about audio stuff so i would ask them to be sure lol
Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The OP did this and there is also a guy on YouTube that uses a head cam to go through the entire install and uses amps with focal speakers I believe.

I wanna say it does because there's a ton of aux out plugs that you don't use unless you run an external amp I've been told, but then again i know nothing about audio stuff so i would ask them to be sure lol

ChosenJuan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I've been watching install videos on this before I pull the trigger. Just wondering, did you guys have to pull the whole center console like they do in some videos for the "USB Media Hub"? or is that only for the Sync 3/Android Auto/Apple Carplay stuff?

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For this i popped all the anchors for the console and just pulled it back a few inches to clear the lower panel of the bezel.

Sponsored

ChosenJuan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
For this i popped all the anchors for the console and just pulled it back a few inches to clear the lower panel of the bezel.
Oh okay but you didn't do anything with the USB in the center console?

Joeys550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 magnetic gray gt
I did the same thing randy did, i didn't replace any usb like that video, that is for the guys with apple/android car play

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh okay but you didn't do anything with the USB in the center console?

The compartment usb port continues to work with the sync unit. The head unit uses an app to access the sync stuff including that usb port. So basicly the sync is controlled like before but through an android app.

It works pretty good but it would be really slick to have another sync app that does better. The UI doesn't use the screen real estate well.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Forgive my ignorance, is this the Seicane unit you all are speaking of? Or is it the ebay one? I've seen the Seicane is Android 7 and the ebay one is Android 6, any other big differences?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I think the Seicane is "Android 7", they're probably both the same unit.

Also, PMing you in a bit Bill

Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think Seicane updated the OS after I purchased the ebay unit. So it has been in the last few months. It should be possible to get the update on these as well.

I think the Seicane is "Android 7", they're probably both the same unit.

Also, PMing you in a bit Bill

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Wish I would have gotten this horizontal setup instead of the tesla style. I've had it two weeks and my imate controls are dead on the screen.

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
Big thanks to Roh92cp for initially testing this and making those installation videos. I recently purchased one of these units (a 2GB memory model, android 7.1) and the installation went pretty smooth because of that. I've tested mostly everything except for calling. I can confirm bluetooth works well from my phone to the unit. I have heard some skipping, but only if I'm downloading/installing other apps on the unit. Otherwise, there is no skipping and the audio picks up as soon as the unit starts up. Backup camera also works without any problems - not zoomed in and trajectory lines are visible. The audio is also louder than before and sounds a little better due to the equalizer. Loving the unit so far and it looks great.

I actually purchased my unit from phoenixandroidradios.com, but it looks identical to the seicane units and probably any other out there. They don't charge shipping and I think sometimes they'll have the units in stock in the US. When I got mine though, it did have to come from China - only took about 1.5 weeks in total. Mine is the 2GB memory model with 32GB of storage. It actually has 16G internal storage and then another 32GB SD card storage in it. Android shows it's running Android 7.1. Comes with the same equipment in the original post.

cradstig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Conrad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 3.7
So I have actually never used android before. I dont really like the button icons on this unit. Is there a way to change how it looks? Id love to make it look more OE or even apple-carplay-ish.

Anyone have pictures of different customizations?

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
So I have actually never used android before. I dont really like the button icons on this unit. Is there a way to change how it looks? Id love to make it look more OE or even apple-carplay-ish.

Anyone have pictures of different customizations?
I don't have any pictures myself, but you can absolutely customize it however you want. Anything you can do in android, you can do on this unit. If you don't like the layout or look (i don't either), you can just get a different launcher which would completely change how it looks and feels. CarWebGuru is a good one for auto use (i'll put a pic below) which can be customized - I just got that launcher and am trying to modify it some. I also use squarehome2 for a more windows 10 style which uses a lot of live tiles. You can search the android store for "launchers" and I'm sure it will throw a ton your way. You can then customize to fit what you want.

CarWebGuru (specifically the "Range" theme - other themes available in there):
FckqMziLGqwCzUNc-pnhkK6TSlv4KB9eZ9pFildTiYMcdvi8udpEYKCkr9_lnxrYgxLs.png
Sponsored