Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know they couldn't do it fully because of transferring over the HVAC controls, but it'd be nice if the brushed look was carried on throughout the whole thing instead of just surrounding the top.
Got a comment on this. The construction is kind of strange. The trim is almost like two separate pieces crimped together and is kind flimsy until the circuit board is attached. After that it is very solid.
Sponsored

MakAttack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
10.2 Android Unit

I'm really curious why you guys spend the time soldering the connection points for the knobs instead of just clipping them. The board is so cheap online you can get one for like $30 or less if you wanted to go back to stock.
Where can you buy it for $30? Thanks

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Randy, what do you think of the CWG launcher? I love it on mine.

For the trim, I know what you're saying but I'm just talking about the brushed look. I'd almost guess they're buying the same frame as the others then just cutting off the top to put on the brushed metal screen and plastic welding it or something.

Also since you already have the temperature in the top bar, you can get rid of it from the launcher (top right where it has NA on your shot). I haven't changed mine for a bit now, but I think it was long press on a blank area and it'll let you edit it (or swipe up from the bottom and it'll bring the menu up).

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the launcher. Haven't messed with it too much yet. Seems like some of the widgets are long press and others don't respond that way. I'll load it on my phone to look at setup. I've not used it internet connected yet so not getting all the features.

Randy, what do you think of the CWG launcher? I love it on mine.

For the trim, I know what you're saying but I'm just talking about the brushed look. I'd almost guess they're buying the same frame as the others then just cutting off the top to put on the brushed metal screen and plastic welding it or something.

Also since you already have the temperature in the top bar, you can get rid of it from the launcher (top right where it has NA on your shot). I haven't changed mine for a bit now, but I think it was long press on a blank area and it'll let you edit it (or swipe up from the bottom and it'll bring the menu up).

MakAttack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
For those of you that have installed it, what did you do with the AUX male plugs? Circled in the attached picture. What about the "Warning lamp key-press connection cable"? It looks like the yellow cam plug from the smaller main harness plug needs to feed back into the CAM on the RCA cables??
Just to triple check you plugged the white and red wires on the picture indicated as a (3) into the white and red in the (1)?

Sponsored

Fallen5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Quick update on my experience. The reverse cam steering lines showed up after driving a few miles. The sync app seems to retain full functionally of the base sync module. I can stream from phone just as before, voice commands and phone use works the same as before.

Did you buy the obd2 Bluetooth reader? Just wondering how you get the display to show your speed.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. From the sync harness (3) into the RCA harness (1). There is an AUX L/R on (1). Not sure at this point what the RCA L/R are for on the main power harness. (2)

On the RCA harness there are several L/R RCA. The one I used was labeled IN I think. It was not one of the Rear/Front used as preamp outputs.

Just to triple check you plugged the white and red wires on the picture indicated as a (3) into the white and red in the (1)?

Last edited:

BloodyAnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Guys why are you de-soldering those two knobs ? is there any way to do it without de-soldering ?

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have to reuse the board with the AC controls and attach it to back of screen frame. They can be clipped with very small clippers.

Guys why are you de-soldering those two knobs ? is there any way to do it without de-soldering ?

Sponsored

brav0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Black Accent Pkg
Where can you buy it for $30? Thanks
Really interested in getting 10.2 unit but I want an option of going back to stock in the future. Does anyone know where I can buy this replacement board should I clip the volume/tune knobs?

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Really interested in getting 10.2 unit but I want an option of going back to stock in the future. Does anyone know where I can buy this replacement board should I clip the volume/tune knobs?
That's why you would de-solder, you can just re-solder everything back in later to go back to stock.

ChosenJuan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Hey guys I'm looking into getting this unit, are all the 10.2" ones from ebay/seicane pretty much the same, or is there a specific seller you guys get them from?

Also, are there good instructions/videos that come with the unit on how to install, or are the videos on the first page pretty much it? Thanks!

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
What is the lowest price you guys have seen? and where?

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No instructions. Pretty much read this thread and pay attention to the labels. Best price lately was with the eBay coupon. Mine was exactly same as pictured on seicane. There are some pictures floating around of one with buttons on bottom and not left.
Sponsored