0-100-0 in 10.6 seconds.

Climax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
04 40th Ann Mustang, 2015 Mustang
This looks like click bait to me. Anything for clicks these days.

At 4200 pounds it should trap 138-143 at 10.6 0-100-0

Something sounds fishy. Time will tell.
That smelly thing is the Chicks you seem to attract with a false ............
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I wonder what koenigseggs 0-100-0 is, their 0-250-0 is 36.44 seconds. pretty insane.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Its the only metric that is comparable. Can't really compare lap times since that depends on the driver. That's why this day in age everything is automatic and racing from a roll. Its takes the shitty human lack of experience/balls/skill out of the equation.

0-60 & 1/4 mile times will always be relevant in the discussion of performance. Thats why the new supra sucks. Okay looks (im being nice), but 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance from 2013 :(

You could have asked this question in regards to a regular c7. Why buy a c7 when the '18 mustang a10 can beat it?

Same thing with the GT350, why buy a GT350 for $57k, when you can get a c7 for the same price and beat it.

lol, can go round and round. In the end you buy what you like and can afford. I'm sure if the GT500 was available and the same price as your GT, you would get the GT500.
Yes I would in a world where the C8 doesnt exist for near the same price as the GT
I have a 2650tvs GT so basically I just need a badge anyway hehe...I don't get people and paying for badging...its the SAME chassis...with a nice nose piece and possibly transmission certainly not worth double no matter how much money I had...
I understand there is a type of douche that places value on obstaining items their perceive others can or is exclusive, it's natural the value of anything is set by how much others are willing to pay for it...in this case the C8 changed that algorithm for anyone not married to a brand...but its even god for those fools too

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Its the only metric that is comparable. Can't really compare lap times since that depends on the driver. That's why this day in age everything is automatic and racing from a roll. Its takes the shitty human lack of experience/balls/skill out of the equation.

0-60 & 1/4 mile times will always be relevant in the discussion of performance. Thats why the new supra sucks. Okay looks (im being nice), but 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance from 2013 :(

You could have asked this question in regards to a regular c7. Why buy a c7 when the '18 mustang a10 can beat it?

Same thing with the GT350, why buy a GT350 for $57k, when you can get a c7 for the same price and beat it.

lol, can go round and round. In the end you buy what you like and can afford. I'm sure if the GT500 was available and the same price as your GT, you would get the GT500.
True that is why I bought an A10 19 cause of the performance and looks vs price....great value or was till it popped

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Built VS bought has always been one of those dumb car guy talking points. Same as the never ending Auto VS manual debate. A real car guy should be able to appreciate a wonderful stock car like the GT500. For what it is. A real car guy should also be able to appreciate the hard work that goes into making any lower level model perform way above its stock capabilities. I would never build a big horse power Honda. But When I’m at Atco. I give those guys the same nod. I’d give to Hellcat or GT500 owners. Buy what you want. Build it if it makes you happy. Enjoy the hobby.
I agree, especially before 2019 they had a terrible stigma and probably more knowledge to overcome their platforms inadequates...I always learn something from the grass roots import crowd.....
Inverse fox bodies are so easy to make go fast I often gained nothing from their owners...100 inch wheel base, at that weight it was practically automatic to run a sportsman level number....power to weight alone took care of a lot then having good factory geometry ect....

Yes I do appreciate the factory efforts and individuals of all walks of life when they bleed on their cars...its all subjective getting some platforms to 12s take much more knowledge and effort than others to 9s, especially when money IS an object...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what koenigseggs 0-100-0 is, their 0-250-0 is 36.44 seconds. pretty insane.
36 seconds to drive 250 meters forward, reverse and end up where they started? :)

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Yes I would in a world where the C8 doesnt exist for near the same price as the GT
I have a 2650tvs GT so basically I just need a badge anyway hehe...I don't get people and paying for badging...its the SAME chassis...with a nice nose piece and possibly transmission certainly not worth double no matter how much money I had...
I understand there is a type of douche that places value on obstaining items their perceive others can or is exclusive, it's natural the value of anything is set by how much others are willing to pay for it...in this case the C8 changed that algorithm for anyone not married to a brand...but its even god for those fools too
So if you buy a GT500 your a douche?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
True that is why I bought an A10 19 cause of the performance and looks vs price....great value or was till it popped
Lol, another POOR justifying inability to purchase.
I mean, totally same car, same exterior, same front end, same wheels tire brakes,same carbon pieces, same coolers, same carbonfiber driveshaft, same factory racing seats, same hand built race motors, same factory provided forced induction, same segment 1st amazing performance oriented transmission
Its literally the same sans badging.

Just get a gt, throw 15k at it, blow it up and then come to forums to show how intelligent you are
Same same

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Anyone knows the 0-100-0 for the ZL1 1LE 10 speed auto? The manual version shows 11.3 seconds. 10.6 for the GT500 with DCT sounds feasible.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Looking more into this, I think you're going to see better 0-100-0 times when the GT500 is tested at motortrend due to their testing separating the 0-100 and 100-0 tests and adding them together. The time to transition from throttle to break and dealing with the suspensions unloading in one direction and loading the other means this test will likely be better than expected. Decelerating is always going to be quicker when starting from a steady state rather than acceleration.

Some good reading here...

https://www.motortrend.com/news/the-2017-tesla-model-s-p100d-0-100-0-test

And here...

https://www.motortrend.com/news/motor-trend-testing

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Interesting list.
I would have thought there would be a lambo or a Ferrrari on it but maybe their PR outstrips the delivery?
Also curious as to what the time would be for the Ford Gt

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
What is the most reliable et for the 1/8 mile in regards to the Demon/Red Eye?

Trying to narrow in the et for the GT500.

0 - 100 - 0 in 800ft.
Right around the 1/8 mile the GT is hitting nearly 100mph.....
Sponsored