“0 to 60 in less than 3 seconds...”

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I am starting to think the lack of information from Ford is due to the lack of a true certified production car for testing.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
As far as the CFTP car is concerned, Ford has gone out of their way to push this car and there is no shortage of pictures and articles on it.

The dealer did not have any information on the 2020 GT500 when I initially contacted them and they only knew what was in the Order Guide after it was released and nothing more, they were pretty much worthless. The reason I did not get the Handling Package was the conflicting information.

I knew what tire sizes were coming on my car because they were clearly stated on the Vehicle Order Confirmation and the only tires mentioned for the base were PS4s.

Checkout some of these articles, they only make it more confusing. The amount of misinformation is astonishing.
Look for Handling Package in any of these articles.

2020 Shelby GT500

2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 In Race Red: Photo Gallery

"Next, if you want to make a slight improvement in handling, the GT500 Handling Package costs $1,500, including removable front splitter end plates, adjustable strut mounts and a Gurney flap on the standard rear spoiler."

16 Little-Known Facts About The Astounding 2020 Shelby GT500

2020 GT500 | Discover the 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Performance Specs & Info - Lethal Performance
I appreciate your frustration but none of the above articles were issued by Ford with all coming from the automotive press and who knows where they got their information?

Getting back to your car and the Handling Package are you still in a position to add that option to your car regardless of what it consists of as it is only a $1500 option and would hope that you may still consider and be able to add to your car?

If the adjustable strut mounts are part of this package which I hope it is that would be a bonus.

As far as Ford going out of their way with respect to the CFTP option versus the Base GT500 that is just common sense as any automotive manufacturer will choose to promote their top optioned and fastest halo car just as they did with the 2 seat Laguna Seca model back in early 2011 with the Boss 302 program.

Good luck going forward!

:sunglasses:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The car hasn't been scheduled, so I can change anything I want on the car at this time, . The only thing I was interested in the Handling Package was the Gurney Flap, I figured that I would be able to sell the Splitter Wickers and the strut mounts, but since there is no confirmation that the strut mounts are included in the package, I decided to pass. I'm hoping that I can buy a used Gurney Flap off of someone in the future.

I was a little unhappy when everyone seemed to be getting their cars scheduled, but now I am thinking that that may have been a blessing in disguise, at least now I will have a chance to read real first hand accounts from people other than Ford and see exactly what I am buying. Having said that, my car will probably be scheduled this week.:facepalm:

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Andy, been quite a while since I have been up to Watson Lake and Whitehorse in the Yukon and wondering if you are over around the Yellowknife area and which dealership up North helped you order your GT500?

Of course both Edmonton and Calgary have SVT and now called FP Ford dealerships in Alberta with the largest volume SVT dealership in Canada being Sherwood Ford in Sherwood Park.

Congrats on your upcoming GT500 and hopefully you can provide us with some details of your car such as color, stripes, options, etc.?

Good chance that you may have the fastest mass production vehicle in town once it arrives!!!

:clap::clap:
You get around! I am in fact living in Yellowknife and as you have likely guessed, my car has been ordered through Sherwood Ford. I went Base car, Metallic, black OTT Vinyl , tech pkg, and hdl pkg. Very stoked with VIN 0256 being scheduled for the week of Sept 30... Just not sure if she'll come up the road with her own power or be stored in Edmonton for the winter, I'm not chancing the weather, or there being salt on the road already, so ill take it day by day until her and I meet.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You get around! I am in fact living in Yellowknife and as you have likely guessed, my car has been ordered through Sherwood Ford. I went Base car, Metallic, black OTT Vinyl , tech pkg, and hdl pkg. Very stoked with VIN 0256 being scheduled for the week of Sept 30... Just not sure if she'll come up the road with her own power or be stored in Edmonton for the winter, I'm not chancing the weather, or there being salt on the road already, so ill take it day by day until her and I meet.
Understand completely and all depending when your car arrives and is PDI'd at Sherwood Ford in Sherwood Park I would take a serious look at possibly storing your car in Edmonton until next Spring.

As you and I both know when the Fall weather gets cold and the ice bridges become an issue over the Mackenzie River ferries cease to run therefore you may have some legitimate concerns.

Congrats on your upcoming GT500 and looking forward to hearing what "Chassis Number" has been assigned to your early production 2020 GT500!

:clap::clap:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The car hasn't been scheduled, so I can change anything I want on the car at this time, . The only thing I was interested in the Handling Package was the Gurney Flap, I figured that I would be able to sell the Splitter Wickers and the strut mounts, but since there is no confirmation that the strut mounts are included in the package, I decided to pass. I'm hoping that I can buy a used Gurney Flap off of someone in the future.

I was a little unhappy when everyone seemed to be getting their cars scheduled, but now I am thinking that that may have been a blessing in disguise, at least now I will have a chance to read real first hand accounts from people other than Ford and see exactly what I am buying. Having said that, my car will probably be scheduled this week.:facepalm:
Just a suggestion but if it was me I would add the Handling Package to your car before your car has actually been scheduled for production and a VIN assigned.

Not sure how you seem to think that your car will be scheduled for production based on this coming Thursday's upcoming production schedule as I am also waiting for my car to be scheduled for production as well and anyone's guess as to when that may happen!

:wink:
Sponsored