Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
So... I brought the car to the track today(1/8th mile). I have the No tune version. So far it isnt looking good. DA is 525ft today. And the car is down on power. I have run consistent 88.x mph traps in various DA ranging from 100ft to 1650ftand have also clicked off a couple 89.x runs with stock intake. Best mph so far today is 87.2, with a couple of 86.x runs. The 87.2 run was with filter removed. I wish I had brought my stock intake with me to do a compariso. Same day/DA.. but as of now, indications are that the car has lost power. I will edit this post when I get home and add various timeslips to show mphs

Going to try a couple more runs to see if it improves. .

Hey, I'm sure you're aware that many factors come into play when running your car at the track. If you wanted to do an apples to apples comparison, you should run both the stock intake and an aftermarket CAI the same day with consistent engine temps and IAT for the runs.
Sponsored

SLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
So... I brought the car to the track today(1/8th mile). I have the No tune version. So far it isnt looking good. DA is 525ft today. And the car is down on power. I have run consistent 88.x mph traps in various DA ranging from 100ft to 1650ftand have also clicked off a couple 89.x runs with stock intake. Best mph so far today is 87.2, with a couple of 86.x runs. The 87.2 run was with filter removed. I wish I had brought my stock intake with me to do a compariso. Same day/DA.. but as of now, indications are that the car has lost power. I will edit this post when I get home and add various timeslips to show mphs

Going to try a couple more runs to see if it improves. .

A better 60' time can lower your trap speed. Too many variables for that small of a trap speed change. Headwind, slower shifting, heat soak, ect...

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ohh boy, it looks like we have mixed results on this intake. My butt dyno also can't tell the difference other than the engine bay being a little louder.
I am just trying to be as fair as I can. I will try to come back next sunday with stock intake and swap them out at the track to get a true verdict.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
A better 60' time can lower your trap speed. Too many variables for that small of a trap speed change. Headwind, slower shifting, heat soak, ect...
60ft time is worse. I have pulled 1.85 60ft with stock intake setup. 60s are in 1.90s today. So 60ft hasnt changed much. I DID just get an 89mph run, but it was spinning... which will give a higher trap. I will do a same day comparison my next trip to the track hopefully. Running 8.30s today... my best 1/8th et in similar DA(couole hundred ft difference) was 8.05 with stock intake.

Reactions: SLA

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I am just trying to be as fair as I can. I will try to come back next sunday with stock intake and swap them out at the track to get a true verdict.
Could be that your car is still in a bit of re-learn as you mentioned that you didn't pull the neg battery cable during the install.:shrug:

Sponsored

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A

I have a K&N recharge kit around here somewhere. I think it would look better with red filter considering my accents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey, I'm sure you're aware that many factors come into play when running your car at the track. If you wanted to do an apples to apples comparison, you should run both the stock intake and an aftermarket CAI the same day with consistent engine temps and IAT for the runs.
Yeah, I plan to do that next time. I guess with me running 8.05 previously, was wanting that 7.9x bad. I DID manage an 87 and 89mlh run with filter out. Other runs were in the 86,x range. The only thing I can base today on is I have run better with stock intake in worse conditions. Would the stock intake have performed the same today? Possible. I do try to run with IATs below 100 degrees. Most of the time in the 80s from staging lane movements. To be as fair as I can, I will swap out intakes next track trip.

Will the stock snorkle work ok with the stock intake, being cut?

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Did you guys plug this hole on the box as well? I found a plug and it fit right there so i thought it belows to that hole on the box! True or Wrong?

[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION], can you answer this install question?

Thanks

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
I don't think I plugged mine, just for some info, I did re tighten all of the clamps and modified my grille today to let in more air. I let temps are now any where from 4-9 degrees above ambient

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I have nothing but anecdotal results, but I will say after a couple hundred miles the combination of the Steeda intake and Lund tune is 'smoother' at lower rpm/city driving than either my Airaid/Lund or JLT/Lund. I had submitted tickets to Lund a couple times early on about 'rough' driveability in the 1500-4000rpm range on the JLT setup but the logs were always good and nothing was ever changed. Those issues don't exist now. I couldn't say if it is the intake, the tune, or a combination thereof...but I like the end result.

Next up will be to see what it does at the track and, like my testing between Airaid and JLT, I'll switch between them at the track to try and keep it as objective as possible.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ut oh, hype bubble burst
I wouldn't say that yet. I just have this one day at the track to compare. Ideally, I should swap stock intake/Steeda the same day at the track. I will try to do this next weekend if I can make it to the track.

Would like to really see some before/after dyno sheets from owners. This is a very nice intake. I love the way it looks, and for my car, it will probably gain very good power with a tune and the restrictor removed. Don't read too much right now into my results from today. It's highly possible next time at the track, and the Steeda shows gains over the stock one same day etc. We shall see. :thumbsup: