Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
A very important point made right here.
...and I've gone on better weather/da days with the same exact setup as two days prior and had worse runs across the board. A very important point that shows runs/times on different days don't mean shit when making a comparison.

If it's consistently slower day after day, then you are on to something. A single day isn't nearly enough data to draw a conclusion.
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
If it's consistently slower day after day, then you are on to something. A single day isn't nearly enough data to draw a conclusion.
I totally disagree.

And to be fair if he had run faster with the Steeda would you come to the same conclusion?

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I totally disagree.

And to be fair if he had run faster with the Steeda would you come to the same conclusion?
The only real way to see is to switch intakes on the same day. Same as a before/after dyno.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I totally disagree.

I haven't come to a conclusion, I specifically said I didn't feel there wasn't enough data to make one. We all have good days and bad days at the track for any number of reasons. Granted autos are much more consistent than manual, but I've had days where the car was just slower. Mediocre gas? Driver? Head wind? Who knows, but when I'm faster the next two times out I think it is then fair to conclude it wasn't a tune, intake, or other hardware item that made me slower.

I'm not on a bandwagon - I just want what works best for my car (why else would I have bought three intakes now). As soon as I can I'll hit the track myself, try both intakes, and share my findings.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I will be taking the car for a dyno in 2 weeks, unfortunately no baseline numbers! I do trust Steeda's honest dyno results though. For others the results may vary due to Steeda's high stock numbers but i really don't see the car loosing power compared to the stock intake. The only problem so far seems to be the IAT's at stop but they quickly go down when you start rolling.

If you are south where its really warm and at the strip warming up the tires with line lock and all, i can see the IAT's skyrocketing. Maybe thats what is really affecting the lunches and quarter mile! Can high IAT's at lunch cause a power loss?

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I will be taking the car for a dyno in 2 weeks, unfortunately no baseline numbers! I do trust Steeda's honest dyno results though. For others the results may vary due to Steeda's high stock numbers but i really don't see the car loosing power compared to the stock intake. The only problem so far seems to be the IAT's at stop but they quickly go down when you start rolling.

If you are south where its really warm and at the strip warming up the tires with line lock and all, i can see the IAT's skyrocketing. Maybe thats what is really affecting the lunches and quarter mile! Can high IAT's at lunch cause a power loss?
If timing is being pulled, absolutely it will affect your run. Depending on the tune, I think timing starts to get pulled around 130, but I'd have to back over some old log files to be certain on the Lund tune.

What tune are you running (or are you tuned)?

Edit: I see in one of my old logs where it was pulled @ 124.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
If timing is being pulled, absolutely it will affect your run. Depending on the tune, I think timing starts to get pulled around 130, but I'd have to back over some old log files to be certain on the Lund tune.

What tune are you running (or are you tuned)?

Edit: I see in one of my old logs where it was pulled @ 124.
I am running Flat Rock Assembly factory tune:D

Just did a search, for a 2014 mustang gt with stock tune IAT starts pulling timing at 150 degrees, ECT starts pulling at 250 degrees. I wonder if the s550 have the same numbers.

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Funny...coming from a guy that has a JLT CAI. Great contribution to the thread. Keep up the great work:doh:
Kind of like democraps and repukelicans huh? :lol:

Sponsored

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Funny...coming from a guy that has a JLT CAI. Great contribution to the thread. Keep up the great work:doh:
Lol, I happen to like the Steeda CAI a lot and if I didn't already have my JLT I would consider it for sure. I just never bought into the hype of the 22hp gain with the Steeda CAI and no tune. Funny how a bunch of people jumped on the banwagon...not a bad thing because I do think its a very high quality CAI.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I don't think I plugged mine, just for some info, I did re tighten all of the clamps and modified my grille today to let in more air. I let temps are now any where from 4-9 degrees above ambient
Yeah, I also opened up a couple more holes for the new CAI. I figured since I was pulling the stock box out for the install it would be the perfect time to do so.

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but here's a few observations from my morning drive WITH stock airbox...

Outside Temp according to the car was 35 F:
Inlet temperature at idle (After the car was sitting for 10 minutes warming): 55 F
Inlet Temperature @ 35 mph: 43 F
Inlet Temperature @ 50 mph: 39 - 40 F (It kept jumping back and forth)

I'm not entirely sure that the restricted CAI is really worth it. I do however believe that with a tune it would definitely be worth it since you remove the restrictor and pull in more air.

I may still buy the restricted CAI anyway, and then take out the restrictor when I get it tuned.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but here's a few observations from my morning drive WITH stock airbox...

Inlet temperature at idle (After the car was sitting for 10 minutes warming): 55 F
:shrug:

What's the relevance? With an ambient of 80 I saw AIT's @ 83-84 on the highway yesterday w/Steeda. Until the ecu pulls timing the temps aren't nearly as important as the flow.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

I'm not entirely sure that the restricted CAI is really worth it. I do however believe that with a tune it would definitely be worth it since you remove the restrictor and pull in more air.

I may still buy the restricted CAI anyway, and then take out the restrictor when I get it tuned.
when you feel the difference with the intake and the tune you'll understand
Sponsored