Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Debating on Steeda dual rate springs, but I don’t know if I need to replace dampers, struts, and shocks since I only have 10,500 miles. Do I get coilovers or what? It is my daily driver.
RU going to the track? If not, do not get the DR springs at all.
DR springs ONLY work with something that has enough damping to handle the spring rate. This means Steeda Pro-Action or Mach1/GT350R Magneride. If you have a PP1 GT or EB with Magneride do NOT use DR springs. You need to rip+replace your dampers with the Mach1 version. It also does NOT mean FordPerformance dampers of any variety, street or 'track'.

Furthermore, if for some reason you want to do the dual-rate springs, JUST do the front and leave the rears the hell alone. If you HAVE TO have rear springs then get Steeda/BMR 800lb/in rate and no more.

If you want to do coilovers then it will be $3000 for the Ohlins kit. Everything else cheaper (eg. BC racing and other ilk) is just plain crap. You're wasting money.

Since this is a daily driver you're best keeping things simple. Modest springs (neither of the Eibach options) and without dropping it over 1". For dampers on a budget get the FP 'track' set or Bilstein B6. They are plenty good.

And you might want to hop on over to the Suspension section and do some reading of recent threads.
Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_2253.jpeg

GT350 shift knob and take off stitched center console and pads from a car that had 363 miles.

ShadowCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zachary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
RU going to the track? If not, do not get the DR springs at all.
DR springs ONLY work with something that has enough damping to handle the spring rate. This means Steeda Pro-Action or Mach1/GT350R Magneride. If you have a PP1 GT or EB with Magneride do NOT use DR springs. You need to rip+replace your dampers with the Mach1 version. It also does NOT mean FordPerformance dampers of any variety, street or 'track'.

Furthermore, if for some reason you want to do the dual-rate springs, JUST do the front and leave the rears the hell alone. If you HAVE TO have rear springs then get Steeda/BMR 800lb/in rate and no more.

If you want to do coilovers then it will be $3000 for the Ohlins kit. Everything else cheaper (eg. BC racing and other ilk) is just plain crap. You're wasting money.

Since this is a daily driver you're best keeping things simple. Modest springs (neither of the Eibach options) and without dropping it over 1". For dampers on a budget get the FP 'track' set or Bilstein B6. They are plenty good.

And you might want to hop on over to the Suspension section and do some reading of recent threads.
Probably not going to track much or at all because the nearest track is hours away. What are some good modest springs to go with the Bilstein B6? Thanks!

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Probably not going to track much or at all because the nearest track is hours away. What are some good modest springs to go with the Bilstein B6? Thanks!
I used Steeda minimum drop springs myself. Rides beautifully...

Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda min drops or BMR. I forget which model of BMR it is exactly.

I'm rolling the FP Track Handling kit on the street too and I am satisfied. Sway bars set to the lightest setting.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I installed my Innovate Motorsports Ethanol gauge but didn’t take any photos. But I tested the local E85 since I brought my car out from hibernation and would like to swap over from 93 I was using for storage. Not bad for still being “winter”.
IMG_2577.jpeg

Today I finally was able to swap out my old coyote emblem, due to bad yellowing.. I got their updated one, hopefully it won’t turn yellow, time will tell.
IMG_2578.jpeg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
IMG_2253.jpeg

GT350 shift knob and take off stitched center console and pads from a car that had 363 miles.
Where did you get the parts? I've been looking for a stitched center console for years. Not paying OEM price. I gave up.

BlackstangGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Yesterday I installed my Innovate Motorsports Ethanol gauge but didn’t take any photos. But I tested the local E85 since I brought my car out from hibernation and would like to swap over from 93 I was using for storage. Not bad for still being “winter”.
IMG_2577.jpeg

Today I finally was able to swap out my old coyote emblem, due to bad yellowing.. I got their updated one, hopefully it won’t turn yellow, time will tell.
IMG_2578.jpeg
Soak the old yellowed coyote in hydrogen peroxide in a clear glass container sitting in direct sunlight.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the parts? I've been looking for a stitched center console for years. Not paying OEM price. I gave up.
Midway Mustang. I got very lucky with how low mileage the car was. Feel bad someone totaled their Stang with 363mi on it. The three pieces were sold together for ~$400.

Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Soak the old yellowed coyote in hydrogen peroxide in a clear glass container sitting in direct sunlight.
have you done that?… I’ll try it if it really works

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Midway Mustang. I got very lucky with how low mileage the car was. Feel bad someone totaled their Stang with 363mi on it. The three pieces were sold together for ~$400.
I’m glad you had a good experience with them.

They tried to scam me on the shipping of a $70 part on Facebook. I bought a rear decklid and they deferred me to a 3rd party shipping agent. I was told that there was a $100 refundable “insurance” fee and that I’d receive an email from their shipping party. However the email stated that all transactions were non-refundable. I responded to the email and the person from Midway Mustangs answered lol. Clearly not a 3rd party. I asked for a refund of my part and they refused.

Told them to keep the $70 and will never do business with them again.

IMG_7441.png

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m glad you had a good experience with them.

They tried to scam me on the shipping of a $70 part on Facebook. I bought a rear decklid and they deferred me to a 3rd party shipping agent. I was told that there was a $100 refundable “insurance” fee and that I’d receive an email from their shipping party. However the email stated that all transactions were non-refundable. I responded to the email and the person from Midway Mustangs answered lol. Clearly not a 3rd party. I asked for a refund of my part and they refused.

Told them to keep the $70 and will never do business with them again.

IMG_7441.png
I bought the parts from their eBay store. I'll stick to having eBay and Paypal between me and them if I need more things they sell then!

https://www.ebay.com/str/midwaymustang

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP