Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Did a fair amount of driving around yesterday and I’d say 90% was in track mode. It sounds fantastic! Even Normal sounds so much better, everything just has a more crisp sound to it
I had an H pipe in my 19 GT without AE and loved it. Thought the AE in the 22 would be enough but I’m slowly leaning towards another one. Boys and their toys!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Show us what it looks like naked.
Asking on the open forum for a naked photo of my knob ? I thought that’s what pm’s are for … ? :crackup:

Seeing as how you asked nicely :

1687776216557.jpeg

WD :like:

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Went mostly back to stock, put FP separator back on. Got it to fit much better this time, so we'll see if it stays happy. Put the trash can lid back on too. It's kind of grown on me after having it off for so long. Spare tire filled up, lug nuts checked, and everything is good to go.

I'm kind of burned out on modding, I found out that half the time I did stuff it was just because I was bored, not because the car really needed it. I know there's more I can do, but with the way I drive it, it's already great. Which is hard for me to comprehend as a serial modder...

20230625_183108.jpg
Yes, modding can be addictive, as modding is not necessarily that the car was not good enough. I like change. This forum thread has prompted me to make numerous upgrades that I didn't really need, but it has been fun. Thanks to all who contribute....and even when people like you who change things back to savor the good things we already have.

BTW...to those reading this reply, I found a great function of the engine cover is to protect engine components vulnerable to water (ie electrical and moving parts) as I have a GT500 style hood without a rain guard. I'm good with having the engine cover (albeit with visual upgrades) as my engine rain guard.

Anyway, glad you are enjoying change, whichever direction people may perceive it to be. :thumbsup:

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Went mostly back to stock, put FP separator back on. Got it to fit much better this time, so we'll see if it stays happy. Put the trash can lid back on too. It's kind of grown on me after having it off for so long. Spare tire filled up, lug nuts checked, and everything is good to go.

I'm kind of burned out on modding, I found out that half the time I did stuff it was just because I was bored, not because the car really needed it. I know there's more I can do, but with the way I drive it, it's already great. Which is hard for me to comprehend as a serial modder...

20230625_183108.jpg
Sometimes the journey of researching the mod and installing the mod is more exciting than actually having it on the car. The other day I found myself wondering if I enjoy working on my car more than driving it. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

What did you have under the hood before going back?

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sometimes the journey of researching the mod and installing the mod is more exciting than actually having it on the car. The other day I found myself wondering if I enjoy working on my car more than driving it. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

What did you have under the hood before going back?
I had the Ford Performance power pack. After extensive logging I decided against keeping it because of excessive knock retard with higher ambient temperatures. The fuel here is not good, the max available is 91. I didn't want the risk of a bad tank of gas hurting my engine.

I've also done excessive levels of unnecessary maintenance, lol. New plugs, thermostat, multiple air filters, and other random parts. The car has 22k on it, lol. I need a project car to work on to get this out of my system 🤣

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Asking on the open forum for a naked photo of my knob ? I thought that’s what pm’s are for … ? :crackup:

Seeing as how you asked nicely :

1687776216557.jpeg

If I’m not mistaken, didn’t you colour it up yourself with the lime green to match your car body colour?

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

20230625_183108.jpg
I didn’t do any of my mods because I was bored or because the car needed them, I did them because I wanted the car to look and perform a certain way to make it conform to how I wanted it to look and feel, not for anyone else. I have a very personalised car which makes me happy. I love driving it and when I am not driving it, I love just looking at it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I didn’t do any of my mods because I was bored or because the car needed them, I did them because I wanted the car to look and perform a certain way to make it conform to how I wanted it to look and feel, not for anyone else. I have a very personalised car which makes me happy. I love driving it and when I am not driving it, I love just looking at it.
That's good, mods should have purpose. I just love my car, and I like to turn wrenches. Some things I did had purpose, like putting in a better radiator, braces to improve handling, exhaust and better wheels and tires. All of that massively improved the car. But I reached a point where I was happy but just had to keep going out of habit. All my previous cars were heavily modified. Trying to break the habit now and just enjoy the ride ya know?

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Ford Performance power pack. After extensive logging I decided against keeping it because of excessive knock retard with higher ambient temperatures. The fuel here is not good, the max available is 91. I didn't want the risk of a bad tank of gas hurting my engine.

I've also done excessive levels of unnecessary maintenance, lol. New plugs, thermostat, multiple air filters, and other random parts. The car has 22k on it, lol. I need a project car to work on to get this out of my system 🤣
Whoa. I just filled with 93 yesterday, it's everywhere here. Can pop in Royal Farms, get some fried chicken and filled up on super all in one stop!

This might be weird on this board, but I don't feel the need for more power. The 15-17 PP2/PP3 both look cool under the hood though! I like the idea of the "no lift shift" in the tune.

Lol mine has 24k. Not that it has gone un-driven, I just live 10 miles from work and everything else is fun trips.

Before I bought the Bronco I went through a long debate (#FirstWorldProblems) about whether I should trade it for a Dark Horse, leftover Mach 1, or used 350, but I decided to keep it and mod it up. I know it's been well cared for since I've had it since new, the only major issue it's had is A/C, and I'm sure I can keep it for a long time if I continue to take care of it.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Whoa. I just filled with 93 yesterday, it's everywhere here. Can pop in Royal Farms, get some fried chicken and filled up on super all in one stop!

This might be weird on this board, but I don't feel the need for more power. The 15-17 PP2/PP3 both look cool under the hood though! I like the idea of the "no lift shift" in the tune.

Lol mine has 24k. Not that it has gone un-driven, I just live 10 miles from work and everything else is fun trips.

Before I bought the Bronco I went through a long debate (#FirstWorldProblems) about whether I should trade it for a Dark Horse, leftover Mach 1, or used 350, but I decided to keep it and mod it up. I know it's been well cared for since I've had it since new, the only major issue it's had is A/C, and I'm sure I can keep it for a long time if I continue to take care of it.
Trust me I'm jealous, treasure that 93! I don't think the cars need more power either, I got the kit because the intake looks really cool, and it improves daily drivability some from the extra torque. I liked the tune overall, but being a data minded person, I trusted my gut that stock would be safer long term.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That's good, mods should have purpose. I just love my car, and I like to turn wrenches. Some things I did had purpose, like putting in a better radiator, braces to improve handling, exhaust and better wheels and tires. All of that massively improved the car. But I reached a point where I was happy but just had to keep going out of habit. All my previous cars were heavily modified. Trying to break the habit now and just enjoy the ride ya know?
I have gone about as far as I want to go. Only thing I might still do is paint over the red brake callipers as I just don’t think red belongs on this car. I am not going to supercharge it, nor tune it nor get headers as I don’t feel the need for any more power to drive it on the street. But I do wish I had some of the things the US model has that they remove for export like the centre dash gauges.

JRV1631

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Explorer ST
IMG_5796.jpeg

Added this CMS phone mount with wireless charging. So far so good.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I’m not mistaken, didn’t you colour it up yourself with the lime green to match your car body colour?
Yeah that’s right, I also did this patriotic version :

1687790591802.jpeg

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
Nothing like the freedom from car payments. I took the plunge around 10 years ago and paid off my car. Then, every time I go buy a new one I have the trade in plus the payments I have been making to myself saved up. Going in with cash makes for a much easier transaction. I now can negotiate on real money, not a payment or an interest rate. You do have to make them think you are financing though, it helps them accept less thinking they are getting a kickback from the financing company.
Sponsored