Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
Does it count if i just changed all 4 rotors and pad sets on a 2004 vw beetle in 3 hours? on jack stands?

edit, and topped off fluids and set tire pressures and test drive?
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I had to show ignored messages to figure out what was happening in here. You guys should know you can't argue with KingKona.

And to your point, I change my brakes all the time...2.5 hours sounds very reasonable to me. I find that the pp1/2 Brembo's are very easy to work with and even easier than the rears.
Video it. With PP Brembo brakes.

2.5 hours from on-the-ground, up onto jacks/stands, to all rotors and pads replaced, pins cleaned, slide pins greased, back on the ground and everything cleaned up.

Everyone says they can do it, so let's see it.

What I do know about working on cars; time flies at Mach 3. What you think is X amount of time, is waaay longer than you think. I thought it was a 3 hours or so, and it was 5-6 hours.

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Ok. No problem.
I can make a how-to video maybe next weekend.
No. No one is asking for a how-to video.

Show us all how you get the job done in 2.5 hours, including sticking your head and shoulders into the wheel-well while the car is up on jacks, and being able to see the bolts on the back of both the front and rear calipers.

Show us all the whole thing, from completely hot car in the drive-way, to everything done and cleaned up and neat. Include all the necessary maintenance like cleaning (de-carboning) front pad pins, cleaning/greasing rear caliper slide pins & metal shims. And getting those little fucking boots pressed back in. A complete job.

Maybe even paint the rear calipers like I did.

Time-lapsed, so it's perfectly clear how long it took you.

That's the new challenge for you and all these wannabe NASCAR/Le Mans pit-crew people making these claims.

PROVE IT.

Last edited:

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the GT350 rear splash guards. Matches right up with the valance. Not too bad, but it was easier to raise the rear of the car a bit to get better access to the wheel liner clips.

IMG_8845.jpeg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ If all you can do is bitch about working on your car (when it seems about everyone else can), then don't do it anymore. Go pay someone else who can see the caliper bolts with the car on jack stands and the wheel removed. Or start doing more yoga so you can turn your head easier to see those bolts, lol.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Your original post made no mention of painting your calipers. Just rotors and pads all the way ‘round.
Yeah....I did a complete job, not just a slap of pads. There's a bit more to a complete job, and my 1/2 ass painting of the calipers added maybe 30 minutes.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
^^^ If all you can do is bitch about working on your car (when it seems about everyone else can), then don't do it anymore. Go pay someone else who can see the caliper bolts with the car on jack stands and the wheel removed. Or start doing more yoga so you can turn your head easier to see those bolts, lol.
You're welcome to take the challenge too. It's open to anyone.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
Yeah....I did a complete job, not just a slap of pads. There's a bit more to a complete job, and my 1/2 ass painting of the calipers added maybe 30 minutes.
You said pads and rotors nothing else. So a complete brake job includes painting the calipers? Got it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Go start a new thread and challenge everyone there. This brake job BS is getting old and derailing this thread.
First day on the internet there buddy? If you want it to stop, don't join it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't understand what is so unbelievable about changing pads and rotors in 2.5 hrs on jack stands. That seems reasonable.
Yeah, that's what makes this so bizarre. I don't think Kona ever even said he didn't think it could be done in 2.5.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Show us all the whole thing, from completely hot car in the drive-way, to everything done and cleaned up and neat. Include all the necessary maintenance like cleaning (de-carboning) front pad pins, cleaning/greasing rear caliper slide pins & metal shims. And getting those little fucking boots pressed back in. A complete job.
I missed the post where your nemesis claimed he started with a hot car. Stop digging.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Don't make me turn this DAMN CAR AROUND!!!
Sponsored