Sponsored

Daily drivers: highest mileage gt350

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
No problem with whatever input there is on this thread but curious if numbers are out there for Gen 1 voodoos with most mileage sans engine replacement. Believe there was one with over 100k and given over 5 years now might be others. Mine's at 45k but I can only drive it 7 months a year. I believe that was about where the Car and Driver long road test ended with stable engine albeit some oil consumption.
Also interesting all these anecdotal reports of no oil consumption after engine replacement yet still no definite word on what was the cause, only speculation. But that is the subject of another thread.
Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
2017 with 35k miles. I'm the original owner. Only thing that I've had replaced so far is the clutch, which was done right before the 5yr powertrain warranty ran out, and the dash bezel as it was buzzing pretty bad. Mine doesn't eat a drop of oil, thank God.

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My 2016 tech pack was purchased in December 2019 with 7,500 miles on it. Have almost 24k on it now. Thought it burned oil until I realized that my driverside valve cover had warped and was leaking oil. Am now about 2,500 miles since oil change and it still doesn't need any oil added. :like:

Instant Karma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My 2016 tech pack was purchased in December 2019 with 7,500 miles on it. Have almost 24k on it now. Thought it burned oil until I realized that my driverside valve cover had warped and was leaking oil. Am now about 2,500 miles since oil change and it still doesn't need any oil added. :like:
No problem with whatever input there is on this thread but curious if numbers are out there for Gen 1 voodoos with most mileage sans engine replacement. Believe there was one with over 100k and given over 5 years now might be others. Mine's at 45k but I can only drive it 7 months a year. I believe that was about where the Car and Driver long road test ended with stable engine albeit some oil consumption.
Also interesting all these anecdotal reports of no oil consumption after engine replacement yet still no definite word on what was the cause, only speculation. But that is the subject of another thread.
The picture in post #70 is of my car's odometer taken just over 2 years ago today. I have included a picture of my odometer taken today showing 157,727.5 miles after a recent trip to the mountains of Western NC.

I am the 2nd owner. The original owner truly loved the car. He used it as his daily driver. His previous daily driver was a 2012 Boss 302 in Race Red. He reluctantly replaced the Shelby with a 2020 Kona Blue PP2 GT. He took very good care of the Shelby (as he called it). He had the oil changed using Motorcraft 5w-50 oil and Motorcraft oil filter "every time the car told me to". He also had the car hand washed regularly. He did not have a garage and the car was parked outside on his driveway for most of it's life. The paint is in great shape as is the interior.

As for oil usage.... The car used about 1 quart in the 2K miles I put on it before the last oil change. I added Ceratec at the last oil change and it has used very little oil in the last 2.5K miles. I have not added any. I check the oil very frequently. I will add oil when it drops to the bottom mark on the dipstick.

The car drives like a new one. I push the car when I want. It's the only way to experience it and hear the glorious sound the engine makes. My driving skills are very average, but the car hauls ass. The grip is incredible and is only over shadowed by the brakes. It draws attention.

We all know these cars often get abused. Examples can be seen on YouTube and in real life. Those who do burnouts and bump the rev limiter with no load on the engine to impress randoms at car shows probably cause many of the issues for themselves or future owners. These cars have very high performance hand-built engines. They aren't indestructible. I don't say that to insult owners that bought new cars, have issues and know they haven't abused their car. When that happens, Ford should warrant the car and take care of the customer. Just my opinion.

For what it's worth, my car is a 2016 (so yes, crappy Gen 1 Voodoo) technology pkg car #G0786, early production Oxford White with Kona Blue stripes built in December of 2015.

IMG_4341.jpg

cynicalwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Performance Blue GT350
I currently have 40000 miles on the clock with no current issues. Went to Mustang Week this for the first time. It was a fairly comfortable ride from New York to South Carolina. I have no plans on selling this car. It's been a lifetime dream to own one. So I drive as much as possible. (which about 7 months out the year. Hoping to visit a few tracks next year and really see what it's real capabilities are.

Sponsored

GAGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1983 S10 Sport Pickup
The picture in post #70 is of my car's odometer taken just over 2 years ago today. I have included a picture of my odometer taken today showing 157,727.5 miles after a recent trip to the mountains of Western NC.

I am the 2nd owner. The original owner truly loved the car. He used it as his daily driver. His previous daily driver was a 2012 Boss 302 in Race Red. He reluctantly replaced the Shelby with a 2020 Kona Blue PP2 GT. He took very good care of the Shelby (as he called it). He had the oil changed using Motorcraft 5w-50 oil and Motorcraft oil filter "every time the car told me to". He also had the car hand washed regularly. He did not have a garage and the car was parked outside on his driveway for most of it's life. The paint is in great shape as is the interior.

As for oil usage.... The car used about 1 quart in the 2K miles I put on it before the last oil change. I added Ceratec at the last oil change and it has used very little oil in the last 2.5K miles. I have not added any. I check the oil very frequently. I will add oil when it drops to the bottom mark on the dipstick.

The car drives like a new one. I push the car when I want. It's the only way to experience it and hear the glorious sound the engine makes. My driving skills are very average, but the car hauls ass. The grip is incredible and is only over shadowed by the brakes. It draws attention.

We all know these cars often get abused. Examples can be seen on YouTube and in real life. Those who do burnouts and bump the rev limiter with no load on the engine to impress randoms at car shows probably cause many of the issues for themselves or future owners. These cars have very high performance hand-built engines. They aren't indestructible. I don't say that to insult owners that bought new cars, have issues and know they haven't abused their car. When that happens, Ford should warrant the car and take care of the customer. Just my opinion.

For what it's worth, my car is a 2016 (so yes, crappy Gen 1 Voodoo) technology pkg car #G0786, early production Oxford White with Kona Blue stripes built in December of 2015.

IMG_4341.jpg
Can that millage be right? I never see more than ~18 with mixed driving also never go to red line.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

IMG_4341.jpg
Finally a positive post! I have the Gen 1 too. My plan is if the engine ever dies, I am going to Aluminator swap. But I suspect with normal maintenance, it will hold up fine. Time will tell.

I remember when I bought my F250, with the CP4 fuel pump, everyone told me that the pump would for sure explode on itself, and I would need a new engine once that happened. I now have 200k on my truck, and my fuel pump (knock on wood), is just fine. This truck has been one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
At the rate I am going I’ll hit 157,000 miles in 35 years.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Love the post @Instant Karma. That's likely the car I suspected previously reported, driven around the country and to multiple tracks and sold with over 100,000 miles?
No one else has reported using an additive to reduce oil consumption that I know of. Why Cera Tec? Out of warranty so I suppose it doesn't matter but did you seek any input from Ford Performance before doing so?

Finally a positive post! I have the Gen 1 too. My plan is if the engine ever dies, I am going to Aluminator swap.
If it were street legal that same idea might be on my list but that would sacrifice the FPC and change the character of the car. I wonder if a street legal version would ever be available. Would probably go with the gen2 voodoo if they are even available then.

Sponsored

Instant Karma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Love the post @Instant Karma. That's likely the car I suspected previously reported, driven around the country and to multiple tracks and sold with over 100,000 miles?
No one else has reported using an additive to reduce oil consumption that I know of. Why Cera Tec? Out of warranty so I suppose it doesn't matter but did you seek any input from Ford Performance before doing so?

If it were street legal that same idea might be on my list but that would sacrifice the FPC and change the character of the car. I wonder if a street legal version would ever be available. Would probably go with the gen2 voodoo if they are even available then.
@CANTWN4LSN I'm not familiar with car the you are referring to. The history of my car is well documented and that was not how it got the 152K miles it had when I bought it two years ago. It was bought new by a 75 year old attorney who then daily drove the car to work 5 days a week. He had a 100+ mile round trip commute.

Some friends of mine own 2018 and 2019 GT convertibles that had the "Coyote tic". They researched here on 6G and the internet. Cera Tec was suggested as a cure. They started using it and it eliminated the tic. There were also claims of reduced oil consumption from Cera Tec users. I tried it in my car and it has helped. Another friend with a 2012 GT-CS has tried Cera Tec after my experience and is experiencing reduced oil consumption. We did not seek input from Ford Performance. Just our personal experiences.

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350

IMG_4341.jpg
Salute to you Sir! Thats an insane amount of miles. Glad it has not broken down and hope it stays running. Do you ever plan on doing a bearing replacement or engine refresh of some sort?

Battlerob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have a 2016 Tech pack with over 32k miles. I bought it in 2020 with a little over 4k miles. So I have put some miles on this car in the 2 years ive had it. Haven't had an issue.

Ive read some posts on here how tech packs can go into limp mode with normal driving. That is so untrue. If thats happening to someone here, there is something wrong with that car.

Earlier this year, I went from LA to Seattle, over 16hrs of driving in a day. I only stopped 3 times, once a little north of sacramento, once in redding, and once in eugene OR. All those stops were 15 min or so, just pump gas, restroom break, food, and go. Car drove perfectly fine the whole way. I stayed there a week. On the way back, same thing. Drove back in a day, 3 stops. Now, granted i did normal driving, i was not racing or anything like that. Just saying, under normal driving, its impossible to go into limp mode unless somethings wrong with car. Im doing the same trip next year.

Vudoo_kev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have a 2016 tech pack currently sitting at 63k miles and it's boosted with a Vortech V3. No issues at all. It's not a daily driver but I was an early adopter of the gt350 and it has seen several road trips.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
32k-33k. Try and drive it 3 or 4 times a week.
Sponsored