Daily drivers: highest mileage gt350

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I have 47000 miles on my 2017. So far I’ve had an engine replaced due to oil consumption and transmission replaced because a bearing inside went bad and chipped a gear and some other wear and tear. New alternator and high pressure AC lines.
Still have warranty remaining so I’m hoping if anything has to go wrong it does so now. Will be keeping the car indefinitely.
How many miles did you get out of the original engine?
Sponsored

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
How many miles did you get out of the original engine?
I got it replaced at 26K miles. I bought the car off someone when it was around 23K miles but immediately noticed the car was eating oil. Engine was running fine but I built the case with my dealer and got it done.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I got it replaced at 26K miles. I bought the car off someone when it was around 23K miles but immediately noticed the car was eating oil. Engine was running fine but I built the case with my dealer and got it done.
Brampton! Just up the street from my old stomping grounds! :like:

misterMKiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have 47000 miles on my 2017. So far I’ve had an engine replaced due to oil consumption and transmission replaced because a bearing inside went bad and chipped a gear and some other wear and tear. New alternator and high pressure AC lines.
Still have warranty remaining so I’m hoping if anything has to go wrong it does so now. Will be keeping the car indefinitely.
Not trying to get this thread off topic, but just a follow up since you have done the engine replacement....I bought my 2017 last June with about 3,900 miles, and have about 5,900 now. Mine is consuming oil as well, and in process of putting miles on to the return to dealer and see how much oil I'm down this time (was down 3 quarts last time--just working with dealer to establish pattern as warranty is still good for another year).

But in general, how long did your replacement take, and any issues since? Any tips for dealing with this process? Just like you I have no intention of selling, and love the car regardless of this issue. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Sponsored

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Not trying to get this thread off topic, but just a follow up since you have done the engine replacement....I bought my 2017 last June with about 3,900 miles, and have about 5,900 now. Mine is consuming oil as well, and in process of putting miles on to the return to dealer and see how much oil I'm down this time (was down 3 quarts last time--just working with dealer to establish pattern as warranty is still good for another year).

But in general, how long did your replacement take, and any issues since? Any tips for dealing with this process? Just like you I have no intention of selling, and love the car regardless of this issue. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Hey brother,
I had the same issue it was drinking about 3 quarts after a few drives. I took it to the dealer and built up the case. Did a fresh oil change and recorded the consumption over a week of driving. Once they realized it was consuming excessive oil, then they did a tear down and found some faults inside and the oil pump was bad as well. The tech at the dealer had to go back and forth with ford sending photo evidence of the suspect component. This took about 3 weeks. At first Ford will try to send you a short block but a good tech will try to find enough worn parts to get you the whole long block (entire engine). Delivery took another week and about another week to install. In total it took about 5 weeks for me and I live in Toronto Canada so it might be slow here. I attached the dealer notes for you as well.
Hope that helps!

D43F22EC-7ACB-4CE9-A3C7-0E55156FE9D2.png

misterMKiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hey brother,
I had the same issue it was drinking about 3 quarts after a few drives. I took it to the dealer and built up the case. Did a fresh oil change and recorded the consumption over a week of driving. Once they realized it was consuming excessive oil, then they did a tear down and found some faults inside and the oil pump was bad as well. The tech at the dealer had to go back and forth with ford sending photo evidence of the suspect component. This took about 3 weeks. At first Ford will try to send you a short block but a good tech will try to find enough worn parts to get you the whole long block (entire engine). Delivery took another week and about another week to install. In total it took about 5 weeks for me and I live in Toronto Canada so it might be slow here. I attached the dealer notes for you as well.
Hope that helps!

D43F22EC-7ACB-4CE9-A3C7-0E55156FE9D2.png
Thanks @BramptonGT350, I really appreciate it. Five weeks is not bad at all, I just want to make sure they don't take the car until they absolutely have to (don't want it just sitting outside if they're not working on it haha).

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I did not take mine in till the long block was at the dealer. I dropped it off on a Wednesday and picked it up on the next Monday. They had already done a few of them, so they had the process down pretty good. They did a great job, you’d never know it had been replaced unless you looked at the sticker under the valve cover.

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Thanks @BramptonGT350, I really appreciate it. Five weeks is not bad at all, I just want to make sure they don't take the car until they absolutely have to (don't want it just sitting outside if they're not working on it haha).
No worries! I’m sure they will get it done but make sure you get the long block. My gen 2 motor hasn’t eaten a quart of oil ever since I got it. It’s a solid motor.

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
I did not take mine in till the long block was at the dealer. I dropped it off on a Wednesday and picked it up on the next Monday. They had already done a few of them, so they had the process down pretty good. They did a great job, you’d never know it had been replaced unless you looked at the sticker under the valve cover.
That’s good! It was the same with me but it just took longer than I expected. The Gen 2 is a solid motor though I havnt had any problems with it.

Sponsored

Racerx9er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 w/ Magneride
I have a 2019 currently with 67k mile on it. It’s a DD and I had to change the compressor and evac 3x since ownership. This is insane! I purchased it with 35k miles and before I could take it home after my purchase I noticed noise coming from the compressor and told them to fix before I take delivery (from Ford dealership). Since ownership I have had to replace the rear diff. seals and axles. I still hear noises when turning at low speeds. SMH. I plan to get the heavy duty rear axles from (FP). I use Amsoil and oil filter FL 2087. I have done the 60k mile maintenance. I have also changed the original battery from the 390cca to the much higher 590cca battery. Even after my meticulous maintenance (blame it on the OCD) my GT350 sits and the dealership with a lifter and rocker replacement and waiting on a new A/C compressor (3rd replacement in less than a year and the 2nd one lasted only 4 months) and evac. And yes you heard it right one lifter and one rocker as Ford and my warranty company will only fix the faulty part when in good maintenance practice all 32 should be replaced! I’m at the crossroad of keeping this GT350 or getting something (Non-Ford) else. That being said… there is not another car that can replace the fun factor this car gives unless you $200k for a Porsche GT3 RS!

YBLEHSGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Shelby
Vehicle Showcase
Going the other way when a slight noise was confirmed after a Ford Performance Oil Pump Failure - kept the numbers matching set up 5500350 and went RPG Stage 3 long block.
19016F3E-052C-4F83-A23C-F7D6F8509E63.jpeg

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Thank you for all your responses brothers.

I will indeed be keeping my GT350. Goal is also to get the new Z06 and have them both parked in garage, having the 2 American FPC's is a goal.
Although the new darkhorse and new GT500 are coming, nothing will be the same as the FPC the 350 has, unfortunately.

For the time being, I will cross the 60K miles in the GT350 and I will be happy to share my experience with anyone.
Sponsored