Sponsored

Highest mileage R?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harold, how long have you been tracking cars?

:cheers:
Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Are you going to make a build out of your R or just use it for Street use? I recommend tracking it at least once before you work on it as a build. It is an impressive car (Stock trim) as I am sure you already know. Thanks for sharing your mileage.
not planning on building it into a race car. it's ready to track should I choose to but have been doing my driving in other stuff. the main reason is to improve my driving. I've done a whole bunch of road racing schools in the last 5 or so years and, intentionally, in a wide range of cars...and I auto-x my focus with my daughter...but most of my recent driving has been in rally cars (including getting a racing license for that) as it's been the most rewarding style of driving for me. I've been noodling the idea of having a dedicated track car...if I do that, I'll just buy a fully-built car like a 302s.

I've tracked a 350r and a regular 350...no doubt, super capable and rewarding cars right out of the box. the downside is that these cars are so darn fast these days that the safety (or lack thereof) piece bothers me. My two local tracks are LS and Sears Point...so that has something to do with it...both very technical without much room for error. not to mention that fact that sound restrictions make it nearly impossible to run the R at LS in the first place.

Robertscz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'17 350 white/blue ott
Before I got my R I daily drove my 350 I am a dialysis patient and also do not believe in saving the vehicle for the next guy! That said I bought me a nice little beater for a daily since I got my R as I just don't want to have someone at the hospital with a wheel chair dent the side of the R. I have just recently got the car done with PPF and ceramic coating so I have not driven it much in the last few weeks but when the weekends hit I drive it every were.

I bought it to enjoy it while I am still able too life is short live while you can! Or put another way its not a practice round you only get one chance at life!
Hey Boost, im with ya on dialysis so i understand your perspective! i actually bought my 350 because of this as well, i had no idea about my kidneys and was in the hospital last june and almost didnt make it. its amazing how your life views change after something like this. unfortunately, it is in my best interest to sell the 350 now to plan for the future. i am still young and want to get married to my fiance and have a family asap so priorites now have to align. i sent you a PM, please feel free to contact me back!

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Hey Boost, im with ya on dialysis so i understand your perspective! i actually bought my 350 because of this as well, i had no idea about my kidneys and was in the hospital last june and almost didnt make it. its amazing how your life views change after something like this. unfortunately, it is in my best interest to sell the 350 now to plan for the future. i am still young and want to get married to my fiance and have a family asap so priorites now have to align. i sent you a PM, please feel free to contact me back!

So Sorry you are dealing with the same issue as me it certainly puts things into perspective and make you not worry about things you can no longer control or petty issues.

Guys don't let our issues spoil this thread please keep it going I have accepted what I need to deal with and try to live everyday like its my last but with hope I will live a long time to enjoy all the great things life has to offer! Wish it would not have taken losing my kidneys too learn such a lesson!

OH I have approx. 900 miles on my R only doing weekend driving and not driving it much for the past few weeks because of the clear bra and ceramic coating work being done. Car is 1/1/2 months old.

PM Sent!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Would like to drive it more but many a wise man taught me not to drive the toys to work as many of the minions don’t make much and you don’t want to rub it in their faces.

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
not planning on building it into a race car. it's ready to track should I choose to but have been doing my driving in other stuff. the main reason is to improve my driving. I've done a whole bunch of road racing schools in the last 5 or so years and, intentionally, in a wide range of cars...and I auto-x my focus with my daughter...but most of my recent driving has been in rally cars (including getting a racing license for that) as it's been the most rewarding style of driving for me. I've been noodling the idea of having a dedicated track car...if I do that, I'll just buy a fully-built car like a 302s.

I've tracked a 350r and a regular 350...no doubt, super capable and rewarding cars right out of the box. the downside is that these cars are so darn fast these days that the safety (or lack thereof) piece bothers me. My two local tracks are LS and Sears Point...so that has something to do with it...both very technical without much room for error. not to mention that fact that sound restrictions make it nearly impossible to run the R at LS in the first place.
That sucks! No sound restriction in AL or TN. I have been on the fence for a half cage. Our lil chump car has full cage, fire suppression and all.the requirements to meet the Champ car endurance regs. I don't want to put a cage in the R and go down that rabbit hole.

@PP001, I started after the Army, so almost a decade. However, I do not have no where near of the experiences as I would like. I started when my family was young so time was limited. Still today if I get two weekends would be a miracle(kids soccer, Taekwondo, Basketball). We entered the Champ car endurance races to have fun and to gain more experience and door to door action.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I've got about 2,800 miles... Those are mostly from the track OR traveling to the track. I bought a set of street wheels / tires so I could drive it more. Then I bought another Viper and the R doesn't get driven much at all on the street.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Would like to drive it more but many a wise man taught me not to drive the toys to work as many of the minions don’t make much and you don’t want to rub it in their faces.
I don't see how that's rubbing it in their face. It's not like you're putting a sign on it to brag, your driving it. I'm going to have a nicer car than my boss. I AM the minion.

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
Around 1400 miles. Just went on a mini road trip on Monday, about 250 miles total. Found an issue I need to address. My sprints to work and back are fine, but any more than one hour and my back is KILLING me. I'm used to my F-150 and I can ride in that for days.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Bought my base R for tracking only. I forgot how hot a car is without AC, esp herein the South. :eyebulge: The car is horrible for street driving. (Too loud and too low.) I am amazed how many of you do so. I agree with the sentiment stated above...go drive it. Mine has juts at 2K miles. :cheers:
No A/C does suck. I don't do much in the hot summer months in th R.

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Around 1400 miles. Just went on a mini road trip on Monday, about 250 miles total. Found an issue I need to address. My sprints to work and back are fine, but any more than one hour and my back is KILLING me. I'm used to my F-150 and I can ride in that for days.
Lol! I have a particular way of falling in to the recaros. I always put the seat full rear for entry and exit. I found this makes it easier for me. Take care of your back.:cheers:

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I whish you both great health in the future. Enjoy life.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thanks for sharing! I too had a friend recently pass from a cold while he was battling cancer, about 2 weeks ago. I also agree that life is too short. I served several combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and I am still here. I have several friends that have paid the ultimate sacrifice. My preference is to have one performance car at a time to enjoy it to its fullest potential.
And thanks for your service ! You have more than earned that R!
Sponsored