Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Seems no one wants to stop these days. I've searched for half an hour come up with not f'ng much.

I am looking for good data about stopping distances between the GT, GT PP1 and GT PP2 and or Bullet. So far I have seen 3 different numbers for GT and Bullet one at 60-0 at 111 ft, 60-0 at 105/106 ft. Now all those numbers where said to have been Bob's Base GT, PP1, Bullet, and PP2.

I don't know much but I do know that a PP1 car can and will stop before a base GT because PHYSICS!

Anyone have Fords numbers?

Because I didn't see it in the "Official" Media Spec sheet, and no one cares about stopping, just 400k questions/answers on 0-60 times.

Pre-empting questions: I looked in the forum, yes there too. I looked through the Googles, Duck duck goosed it, the only thing I haven't done is take it out and flogg that Biotch myself.

gravity.jpg
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
#1 Bullitt
#2 It’s nowhere near as significant as you think. The four pots are incredible for what they are. Most of the significant difference is in the ability to run consistently on the track. I have a base GT and switched to Brembos.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Stopping distance is limited by brakes or by traction. Almost all US cars are traction limited, meaning the stopping distance doesn't improve with better/bigger brakes, it'll still lock up the tires and/or activate the ABS system.

Bigger brakes simply mean better resistance to fade. So any differences between the cars would be traction (i.e. forward grip), suspension and weight transfers, weight or brake bias (generally the rear brakes can only contribute very little, but to not have either front or rear lock up, the bias is set conservatively so it leaves braking force off the table for the rears and let's the front be primary and max effort).

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Seems no one wants to stop these days. I've searched for half an hour come up with not f'ng much.

So far I have seen 3 different numbers for GT and Bullet one at 60-0 at 111 ft, 60-0 at 105/106 ft. Now all those numbers where said to have been Bob's Base GT, PP1, Bullet, and PP2.
The PPI GT will reflect similar numbers to the Bullitt. Same brakes and weight. Tire selection, temp and surface are variables that will affect those numbers.

OP
OP
Linkster1666

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the help guys, I really needed basic physics, the amount and variety of the myriad of variables explained as to why the number may change.

I have a half assed idea of all that, only spending 35 years in engineering. What I don't have is a solid number. You know:

Stopping distance, S550 Mustang GT Platform (Stock Setup)

1) Base GT 60-0 - 111 feet
2) Premium GT 60-0 - 111 feet
3) Premium GT PP1 60-0 - 106 feet
4) Bullet 60-0 - 106
5) Premium GT PP2 60-0 105 feet

Something like that, but I have all of Two sources, one says they all do 111 feet which is <BULLSHIT>, and the other says they all do 106/105 (see previous BULLSHIT)

TWO SOURCES, NONE are Ford or any one else, ah, reputable.

Oh wait, I just did it, right here in my head, in this thread, who do I bill for this shit? FORD?

I know it's already been performed tested and calc'ed, the internet has been NEUTERED!!!

So I'll just design this crap with bogus numbers, thanks.

(use the longest dumbass) that's not the point.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
As far as traction limit goes, remember that tires and temperature that test has been performed at (and tire / brake temperature) - also car weight - have way more impact that which car with which brakes is it. Numbers you are looking for are literally worthless because of that. Run your own repeatable test, otherwise you're wasting time looking for magazine / internet numbers.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
So not trying to be argumentative, but what does it matter? The variables are so far all over the place that in a way, the measurement doesn't matter and can't ever really be anything but representative.

So let's agree that the cars are 100% bone stock coming off the showroom. Which ones have Michelin 4S? Cup2? 295F/305R, 305F/315R? Are the tires warmed up? Street tires don't really see much benefit from that, but an R Compound is useless until it is.

The PP1, PP2, and Bullitt have the same caliper/pad/rotor, but the Base GT and Premium GT have a 4 piston. Are they on a drag strip? Race track? Stadium parking lot? Is it cool and chilly out?

I'm sure the Premium GT is the heaviest in the bunch with all the cool speakers, subwoofers, and amplifiers and whatnot. Are they all manual? Automatics? Don't forget the PP1, PP2, and Bullitt have an undertray and special Lower Control Arms which scoop and swoop cool air into and out through the brake rotors, while the 4 piston are inverted hats which (very dangerously) trap hot air inside. Those models also have additional trans, diff, and oil coolers. Like tires, brakes also have to be warmed up, are the pads full cold? 5 stops? 10 stops?

Did they all use the same driver? I've got like 125# on Randy Pobst, but I'm sure I can hit a pedal just as hard as he can.

As somebody who's watched sports my life, if somebody wants to make an argument, they'll find whatever goofy ass stats to prove their point, like XYZ is 4-11 against this lefty pitcher on day games when they're up by 4 or more runs with a runner on 2nd... Why not sit back and just enjoy the game, hope your guy hits a homer, your team wins, and all that. I've driven the living shit out of my car, and some have barely even scraped the surface (like the previous owner with a 7.2 0-60 time, L O L).

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The base GT is limited by its tires, not so much the brakes. Small width and all season compound. The better brakes on the PP help with fade and resistance to wear more so than outright stopping power

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
Another variable to consider is the PP1 came with two different tires, either Michelin PS4S or Pirelli P-Zeros.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
My guess would be on same tires they would all be about even. That difference in 6ft could definitely be because the base GT was tested with the crappy Pirellis they come with and the PP1 was tested with PS4S. Those Pirellis are terrible tires.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Stopping distance is limited by brakes or by traction. Almost all US cars are traction limited, meaning the stopping distance doesn't improve with better/bigger brakes, it'll still lock up the tires and/or activate the ABS system.

Bigger brakes simply mean better resistance to fade. So any differences between the cars would be traction (i.e. forward grip), suspension and weight transfers, weight or brake bias (generally the rear brakes can only contribute very little, but to not have either front or rear lock up, the bias is set conservatively so it leaves braking force off the table for the rears and let's the front be primary and max effort).
Exactly. It's all about tires, not the brakes. Brakes won't make any difference between a GT, PP1, PP2, GT350, GT500, etc.

It's tires, width, compound, and weight of vehicle.
Sponsored