Sponsored

GT VS GT PP1

Pulpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black GT
If you want a better quality of ride order the magneride, made for comfort and performance. I am currently looking for a 401a with magneride and active exhaust, went to the dealership yesterday and nothing is avail in my province so I have to wait for 19’s. I won’t buy a mustang without the magneride option. . The best and most overlooked option in my opinion.
Sponsored

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
If you want a better quality of ride order the magneride, made for comfort and performance. I am currently looking for a 401a with magneride and active exhaust, went to the dealership yesterday and nothing is avail in my province so I have to wait for 19’s. I won’t buy a mustang without the magneride option. . The best and most overlooked option in my opinion.
I second this statement.

OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
Thanks for the info.

It was nasty here today, going to go drive a PP tomorrow if it is nicer and then pull the trigger on the deal I have worked out if everything goes well.

As I said before, PP was not a requirement. But I have a deal on an in transit uint with PP that meets my other requirements and I can get it for $7750 off MSPR.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
I got one a few days ago. It has the Magneride dampers. They work really well, and the best thing is you can feel them working. I'll forgive all the rubbish plastic stalks and surfaces just for this one techno marvel (UK invention again!)
Sorry, old chap, you need to check your facts. According to the wiki on magnetorheological dampers, "The technology was originally developed by General Motors Delphi Automotive Division based in the USA and then developed further by BeijingWest Industries in China after BeijingWest Industries bought the technology from General Motors.".

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I have only been able to find a couple in all of SOCAL with magnaride on dealer lots. I drove almost 100 miles to test drive one (a white auto, which I didn't want).

Interestingly enough nearly every one comes with the touch screen navigation option. Why does anyone still want/need that with Carplay/Android Auto?

Overall, not very unhappy with the dealer chosen options on the lots.

Sponsored

Pulpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black GT
I have only been able to find a couple in all of SOCAL with magnaride on dealer lots. I drove almost 100 miles to test drive one (a white auto, which I didn't want).

Interestingly enough nearly every one comes with the touch screen navigation option. Why does anyone still want/need that with Carplay/Android Auto?

Overall, not very unhappy with the dealer chosen options on the lots.
It's probably the sync 3 screen and not navigation which comes with the 301a/400/401a package.

Agreed the dealers in my area are not picking the right packages as magneride is a new option. Someone else on this forum said Ford under estimated the usage for magneride option. The cars in my area that had magneride were sold within days and other cars sit on the lots for months.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
You don't need to buy a premium car to get the large NAV screen, sync3, My Color, and drive modes (A10).

Save yourself some $$ and buy a 301a that has all of what is mentioned in the sentence above.

My car has 19s and it rides nice. Firm, but nice. I don't DD it, but could easily.

I'll also be the ass that says a factory high 11/bottom 12 second vehicle as a first car for a 16 year old is not wise.

Coming from a guy with 4 kids...

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
I'll also be the ass that says a factory high 11/bottom 12 second vehicle as a first car for a 16 year old is not wise.

Coming from a guy with 4 kids...
Couldn't agree more. I took my '94 Mazda Protege to 125mph on the freeway at 17-18. I can't imagine having a Mustang GT back then.

OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
That's why I did not want this thread to turn into what a teenager should and should not have access to drive.

Every kid and situation is a little different. All us that have more than 1 know that.

Funny thing is, I was asking for some advice on a BMW forum trying to position a more favorable purchase for my 2015 550i lease and everyone freaked out and said buy him a Mustang or something with more manageable power.

He will be driving all the cars in the household and honestly I think I would prefer him in a Mustang with the my key locked to 65 MPH than the X5 M or 550.

Either way- he does not get excited about anything that does not go about 300 MPH. I learned a year ago that him being in the air solo worries me more than him driving ever will. And I know, the sky is safer that the rode. I am just not crazy about flying.

On a side note, I was the kid in 1992 that got a new Mustang when he was 16. But it was a 4 banger. They were crap back then. I was more reckless trying to prove something to the guys teasing me about not having a 5.0 in that 4 cylinder than I ever would have been in a 302.

Back to the subject. Drove a PP today and everyone was pleased with the ride. I think we were all expecting something more harsh. My wife even said it felt tighter and more a BMW M series.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
It's probably the sync 3 screen and not navigation which comes with the 301a/400/401a package.

Agreed the dealers in my area are not picking the right packages as magneride is a new option. Someone else on this forum said Ford under estimated the usage for magneride option. The cars in my area that had magneride were sold within days and other cars sit on the lots for months.
Nope, I mean the $795 touch screen navigation option. It's also very frustrating going through the dealer websites. I have yet to find one that accurately lists options without clicking the "View window sticker" button. About 80% of the time they list options that are not on that vehicle, or don't list options that are on it. One MAJOR dealer (Galpin) lists 159 automatics and 2 manual, and lists lane departure warning system on every one, which is wildly not true. You have to figure out your desired MSRP on the build and price, then click on each and every window sticker close to that to see how it's really equipped.

Sponsored
OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
Nope, I mean the $795 touch screen navigation option. It's also very frustrating going through the dealer websites. I have yet to find one that accurately lists options without clicking the "View window sticker" button. About 80% of the time they list options that are not on that vehicle, or don't list options that are on it. One MAJOR dealer (Galpin) lists 159 automatics and 2 manual, and lists lane departure warning system on every one, which is wildly not true. You have to figure out your desired MSRP on the build and price, then click on each and every window sticker close to that to see how it's really equipped.
Agreed there is some crazy ordering in my area. Most units have only NAV and enhanced security. Those seem like they would be the most unchecked boxes to me.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
That's why I did not want this thread to turn into what a teenager should and should not have access to drive.

Every kid and situation is a little different. All us that have more than 1 know that.

Funny thing is, I was asking for some advice on a BMW forum trying to position a more favorable purchase for my 2015 550i lease and everyone freaked out and said buy him a Mustang or something with more manageable power.

He will be driving all the cars in the household and honestly I think I would prefer him in a Mustang with the my key locked to 65 MPH than the X5 M or 550.

Either way- he does not get excited about anything that does not go about 300 MPH. I learned a year ago that him being in the air solo worries me more than him driving ever will. And I know, the sky is safer that the rode. I am just not crazy about flying.

On a side note, I was the kid in 1992 that got a new Mustang when he was 16. But it was a 4 banger. They were crap back then. I was more reckless trying to prove something to the guys teasing me about not having a 5.0 in that 4 cylinder than I ever would have been in a 302.

Back to the subject. Drove a PP today and everyone was pleased with the ride. I think we were all expecting something more harsh. My wife even said it felt tighter and more a BMW M series.

After flying for a couple of hours, he won’t hear the car engine. Also he will feel slower while driving and his reflections will be better.

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I would not consider a non premium. I really want the creator comforts and the larger screen.

auto, 401A and valve exhaust are on our must have list.

I am looking at pp1 as being a 2700 option rather than 4k. Because the non non pp1 cars mostly have 20" wheels and that is 1300. I just want it to still be capable of being a daily driver.

I have a deal worked on a car with:
auto
401A
Shaker
Valve exhaust
safe and sound
security
PP1

I could do without the PP1 but there are not alot of white cars out there.
I would recommend getting the PP1.

I have an 18 PP1 Auto with Active Exhaust and Mag Ride with Premium 401A. 5,900km so far

If you can afford it then I would go with the Mag Ride and it will solve any concerns with drivability. It will also take the car to the next level in terms of tech and performance. You might be fine without it, but you'll never regret getting it.
Sponsored