Sponsored

GT VS GT PP1

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
Hi all.

I am searching for my first Mustang since 1998. The intention is to have something fun that my 16 year old can drive on his daily 3 mile round trip to school, and the family can enjoy as well. No flames about the 16 year old please, this is not his car exclusively. I plan on using 'My Key" with him and might use a GPS tracker or hand held tuner to reduce redline with him driving.

I really want something fun that can accommodate more than 2 people. Other cars in the household are:
2015 550 (Leased and returning next month)
17 Expedition
17 X5M
2001 Corvette (4k miles)
65 Cobra (Factory Five)

My local dealer let us borrow a new 2018 premium GT a couple weeks ago. We all really liked the ride and we put about 100 miles on it.

Now we are searching for the right build and most cars that fit our requirements have PP1.

There will be days that my wife will need to drive the Mustang because of garage parking at work in the city. The X5 fits, but she likes driving a car when she goes downtown.

I guess my question is, how different for daily driving is the ride quality on a PP1 car vs a GT? I do not want any surprises since we have only driven the GT.

Thanks
Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
PP is tighter. Less body roll. More planted. Can still be daily driven.

Compared to my 530xi, its much harsher over bumps, but its not a race car either.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd buy a non-premium base GT, but that's just me. PP1 isn't needed for commuting and the base GT saves you a lot of money.

If you don't care about money, sure get the premium and the PP1. However, neither option does a whole lot in my opinion.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I have a Base GT with PP and 301A package and the ride is a bit rough for a daily if you're used to something a little more refined. a GT premium would be a better daily type car in my opinion.

OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
I would not consider a non premium. I really want the creator comforts and the larger screen.

auto, 401A and valve exhaust are on our must have list.

I am looking at pp1 as being a 2700 option rather than 4k. Because the non non pp1 cars mostly have 20" wheels and that is 1300. I just want it to still be capable of being a daily driver.

I have a deal worked on a car with:
auto
401A
Shaker
Valve exhaust
safe and sound
security
PP1

I could do without the PP1 but there are not alot of white cars out there.

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I'd grab one optioned with Magneride and not PP, premium if you want the features or base if you don't care. In my opinion, for a pure daily driver, PP doesn't add much value, Magneride does.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd grab one optioned with Magneride and not PP, premium if you want the features or base if you don't care. In my opinion, for a pure daily driver, PP doesn't add much value, Magneride does.
Can't get Magneride without the PP. Can get both without premium, though.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I'd get the car you have a deal worked on. It sounds like a nice setup and will be a fun daily driver with some added performance.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
I have a deal worked on a car with:
auto
401A
Shaker
Valve exhaust
safe and sound
security
PP1

I could do without the PP1 but there are not alot of white cars out there.
Get this one. The PP1 used to be an amazing value, but even on the '18s it is still good and worth the money.

The only thing I would look for is if this car has the PP wing or wing delete, depending on what you want. I personally hate the '18 PP wing, and would only get the wing delete version.

OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
Get this one. The PP1 used to be an amazing value, but even on the '18s it is still good and worth the money.

The only thing I would look for is if this car has the PP wing or wing delete, depending on what you want. I personally hate the '18 PP wing, and would only get the wing delete version.
I am not a fan of the wing. But my son loves it. After seeing the price to buy that wing from ford parts, PP is a value if you love the wing.

I have negotiated what i believe is an AMAZING deal on this unit.

I have not seen it and it is still in transit, but I think I am going to make a deposit to lock it,even though PP was not a no my list of must haves.

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon

That wing looks awesome from the rear mirror. :p

But like you said, personal option.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wow, you have a 2001 Corvette with ONLY 4,000 miles on it? That only comes out to 235 miles a year! What the hell, man; Drive that thing.

OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
Wow, you have a 2001 Corvette with ONLY 4,000 miles on it? That only comes out to 235 miles a year! What the hell, man; Drive that thing.

Kids and 2 seaters = dusty collectors.

Cobra has less than 2K and it has been done since 2007.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Kids and 2 seaters = dusty collectors.

Cobra has less than 2K and it has been done since 2007.
Wow, those two must be in pristine condition. Garage kept, I hope.

No issues with dry rot on any rubber components from either of them just sitting there?

OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
Wow, those two must be in pristine condition. Garage kept, I hope.

No issues with dry rot on any rubber components from either of them just sitting there?
I think I have been lucky. They are stacked and I have had no leaks. Red tops always fire up but I keep them on a tender.

I did replace the runflats on the Corvette in 2010 with non runflats. They have some flat spots now.
Sponsored