Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Normal mode is DEFAULT!!

Power down the car, everything goes to default. You can MyMode it for quick change after full acc. but it CANNOT be TRACK Mode first rattle out of the cage, and I'll assume safety reasons.

because

I have had girlfriends I do not want driving it in SPORT Mode let alone TRACK.

(No one drives my car but me!!) BS
Sponsored

OP
OP
frank3

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
If it's a Premium, you can create a MyMode that is anything you want it to be, including Sports+ with Track Active exhaust if that floats your boat. My own MyMode is just Normal with Sport exhaust, nothing fancy. MyModes are sticky and stay set forever until you switch out of them.

So far as I know if you don't have a premium, you will have to set modes every time you start up.
Are you sure?
Regardless of model (premium or not) for an A10 2021 model it will always go back to Normal regardless of your country as well.

OP
OP
frank3

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
Guys, here is an update. K4fxd is on the right track.

I contacted HP Tuners authroised distributor in Australia. They advised me with their product I will access to change the drive mode settings so that the default can be updated to Sports +.
I place an order for this product, but it will not arrive until the back end of Sept.

Has anyone else used this product?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I contacted HP Tuners authroised distributor in Australia. They advised me with their product I will access to change the drive mode settings so that the default can be updated to Sports +.
Well, yes and no.

Here's what you can do in the editor.
First, you can override the default strategy.

Untitled1.png

You've got two options:

1. Use OEM - means that the car uses its original strategy, i.e. it allows you to change the mode using the flip button and defaults to Normal upon each start.
2. Override - means the car will always be in whatever mode you select from the next list.

Now, if you've selected "Override" in the above box, then you can now decide which mode you want to use:

Untitled2.png

Caveats:

1. You won't be able to change the modes anymore. Whatever you select here will be active all the time. Flipping the button won't do anything from now on.
2. The modes listed in the second box do not match the available modes on a Mustang. Is the "Sport" here equivalent to Sport+? Maybe, maybe not. And where's Track? Such inconsistencies make me a bit wary.

Personally, I favour Mike's approach in post #27. Leave the general mode selection alone, but change the various characteristics of Normal to match whatever mode you like.

Also, be aware that not everything that works for US vehicles in HPTuners works for export ones. For instance, changes to the active exhaust strategy don't work for me (2020 Euro-spec), and HPTuners is unable/unwilling to help.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
frank3

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
Well, yes and no.

Here's what you can do in the editor.
First, you can override the default strategy.

Untitled1.png

You've got two options:

1. Use OEM - means that the car uses its original strategy, i.e. it allows you to change the mode using the flip button and defaults to Normal upon each start.
2. Override - means the car will always be in whatever mode you select from the next list.

Now, if you've selected "Override" in the above box, then you can now decide which mode you want to use:

Untitled2.png

Caveats:

1. You won't be able to change the modes anymore. Whatever you select here will be active all the time. Flipping the button won't do anything from now on.
2. The modes listed in the second box do not match the available modes on a Mustang. Is the "Sport" here equivalent to Sport+? Maybe, maybe not. And where's Track? Such inconsistencies make me a bit wary.

Personally, I favour Mike's approach in post #27. Leave the general mode selection alone, but change the various characteristics of Normal to match whatever mode you like.

Also, be aware that not everything that works for US vehicles in HPTuners works for export ones. For instance, changes to the active exhaust strategy don't work for me (2020 Euro-spec), and HPTuners is unable/unwilling to help.
Thanks Vlad Soare for that detailed explanation.
I will do some more researching. If it just remains on one setting than that's no good for me.
I can live with access to only two settings, being:
- Sports + when i shift to D in my A10, and
- S mode or normal mode when i shift to S in my A10.

I will come back to you when i find out.

OP
OP
frank3

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
What do you want to know?
Thanks engineermike. Just wanted to know whether it can be used to change the default mode to Sports+ and in doing so, everything else also changes to Sports + (eg. active exhaust).

According to Vlad Soare there are some compromises in using this product, being it renders the toggle mode function inoperative. Is that correct?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Thanks engineermike. Just wanted to know whether it can be used to change the default mode to Sports+ and in doing so, everything else also changes to Sports + (eg. active exhaust).

According to Vlad Soare there are some compromises in using this product, being it renders the toggle mode function inoperative. Is that correct?
I explained it in post 27, which vlad also referenced.

Vlad explained the downsides of locking the pcm into one drive mode, but that’s only one option you can use in hptuners. Hptuners allows you to be your own tuner so a lot of creativity and options become available.

OP
OP
frank3

frank3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
21.5 Mustang GT
I explained it in post 27, which vlad also referenced.

Vlad explained the downsides of locking the pcm into one drive mode, but that’s only one option you can use in hptuners. Hptuners allows you to be your own tuner so a lot of creativity and options become available.
thank-you.
Sponsored