Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Went to go visit the car in body shop jail, waiting on a hood so they can paint all the rest of the replacement panels.
I did that a bunch of times. One of the things that delayed my suspension plans was some dick that backed his pickup into the front of my Mustang while my wife and I were out for dinner. Douche took off, but there were witnesses and video from the restaurant. Still took 2 weeks for a police report, and then 6 more for repairs.
Sponsored

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
That sucks.pl but it's good that you had witnesses.

I'm trying to look on the positive side of things. This repair is letting me fix a couple issues I didn't like about the car, it had a blemish in the paint from the factory on the hood and the dealer drilled the front plate bracket before I could tell them not to. Well with a new hood and bumper paid for by insurance, those problems go away for free. The car will have been at the body shop for 3 weeks on Wednesday so I'm going through withdrawals, but we're hoping the car will be back before the 1st.
I totally understand. I was really bummed to not have my car during some prime early summer weather... But all the stone chips on the hood are gone and I'm currently running with no front plate for a much cleaner look. I'll have to do the front plate eventually, but at least now I have the option for a hide-away or something else while the RMV fucks around getting me a new front plate.

I certainly wouldn't have wanted this to happen, but trying to look on the bright side.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
My first mod....at 210 miles. The Steeda Clutch Spring. I'm not a stranger to a manual transmission and this Steeda part truly made an amazing difference.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Drove it to the grocery store: bought pickles and BBQ sauce.

Spun the tires shifting to 2nd. Thanks 305 Nittos :rolleyes:

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
turned 8 gallons of inter-mantel hydrocarbon chains into nutritious C02 for the meadows and forests of George Washington Forest. (will nobody think of the little critters?)

I dragged @KingKona along to do penance for the SIN of driving on roads that are straight and flat. My priest of the Church of Motor stated that Absolution can only be found in crossing ridges of greater Shenandoah and surfing a 30 mile ribbon of pavement that undulates and curves non-stop along the valley floor. But alas Craig was unhappy to undergo a full and sufficient period of confession.

We chased a Gen5 Camaro for a while, who suddenly dropped anchor for no apparent reason. Apparently a VERY young dear (all of a foot tall) was trying to cross the road. To get to the other side.

The run over US-211 was fun enough, except Craig was following a SUV that was probably on the verge of losing it's brakes.
I just caught sight of that dear.....just a blurr and the tall grass at the side of the road disturbed like a Predator was moving through there.

As mentioned, I was caught on the downhill stretch of 211 behind a minivan with the World's Worst Driver at the wheel. This was a very steep, downhill area, and this person turned their brakes to red-hot, smoking appliances. And then when the road finally straightened out and turned to two lanes, Captain Awesome proceeded to run me off the road.

And yes, it was an Asian driver. Male Asian. Acting like running me off the road was my fault.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

Redfuzzbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
If you have the 555g2 spinning is almost expected from them :)
Don't ever stab the gas with these tires unless trying to break traction. And 90% of the time, I drive like an old fart so it works for me but that other 10% keeps me on high alert.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I agree 100%, I only use them on the front.......the rears have the rii. I am going to buy new tires (eventually) for my second set of wheels. I will probably buy Michelin Pilot Sport 4s or Continental Extreme Contact Sport.

Don't ever stab the gas with these tires unless trying to break traction. And 90% of the time, I drive like an old fart so it works for me but that other 10% keeps me on high alert.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Yeah when I dropped the G2's and went to the Mich PS, so much better grabbing.

Sponsored

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
20220621_152130.jpg

Needed a good wall mounted vacuum, of course I bought the red one.😁

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
OK I bought her own 43"4k tv
She just sits there staring at 3 walls all night.
Her 1st movie is going to be
A faster horse.🐎 🙂
Screenshot_20220621-172822_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Had the 2nd oil change today. The tech before going into the pit came to me and said he wanted to let me know it is a privilege to change the oil in my car. I laughed as its just a GT premium. 😅