Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

FLfree

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance
Looks super nice !!
Is this a cover onto the OEAM trim or a full replacement part with all the hardware in the back to clip it ?
It sticks on top of factory. It is very thin and a perfect fit. U can’t tell it an overlay. Perfect fitment.
Sponsored

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
New tires, old dog. Also drove the car hard for the first time since putting on Steeda K Brace. Tight, very tight, but in a good way. I highly recommend this moderately priced mod, especially if you're topless. Big improvement.

IMG_5179.jpeg

IMG_5165.jpeg

IMG_5166.jpeg

IMG_5190.jpeg

IMG_5184.jpeg

IMG_5180.jpeg

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Replaced my cabin air filter! Quite exciting.

Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
New tires, old dog. Also drove the car hard for the first time since putting on Steeda K Brace. Tight, very tight, but in a good way. I highly recommend this moderately priced mod, especially if you're topless. Big improvement.

IMG_5179.jpeg

IMG_5165.jpeg

IMG_5166.jpeg

IMG_5190.jpeg

IMG_5184.jpeg

IMG_5180.jpeg
Looks great! What I see you have the Bullit grille, do you have adaptive cruise, if so which lower grille did you use?

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not sure what you are fastening, but those nuts with a rounded crown appear to be non-standard. Is there blue epoxy coating on some of the threads? This is a common joint thread locking feature. Or, do you see white plastic around the top of the nut? This also is another way to prevent the joint from becoming loose. Let me know as I am a fastener engineer from Ford. These concepts are used when only a shallow height nut is necessary, because over torque-ing will break the nut, not the bolt or stud which is the desired failure mode. You need to know the torque spec. for correct installation.
This was me. :) I installed the Steeda strut brace and those are the aftermarket nuts it came with. The nuts have the white plastic inside. Steeda say 35lbft for the torque and I'm going to redo the fitment today.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This was me. :) I installed the Steeda strut brace and those are the aftermarket nuts it came with. The nuts have the white plastic inside. Steeda say 35lbft for the torque and I'm going to redo the fitment today.
I think the bigger issue is that the steeda bar has more angle than the stock one, because it's not designed for the cowl brace to be there. I think it's intended for people who have the base cars but who don't want to install all the other stuff. Or did it come with the cowl brace (the black bar that runs from the firewall to each strut tower)?

If the cowl brace was on your car from factory but without the strut bar, that's interesting. In America the only way that happens is if your car is equipped with a 20 inch wheel package as far as I understand it.

Sponsored

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible
Got her back from storage!

Many things on the to do list this spring!

1- Cabin filter replacement
2-Replace all emblems for black ones
3-Replace rear blade spoiler for CDC outlaw color matched
4-Remove calipers and send them for powder coating
5-Install new brakes + new brake oil in the same time
6-Install SP2 new wheels and Firestone tires

Budget is gone for this season!!!

still in the todo list:

-Steeda K brace
-Oil separator
-Antifreeze and brake reservoir covers ( for the look )

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
Thanks. Its coming off tomorrow, I'll pop a washer underneath to fill the small gap on the inner coloured ones, due to the extra brace.

IMG_20220423_210323.jpg

I'll then use two washers on top so that it doesn't dig in when I tighten it up. That should hopefully then torque down properly without it going on and on. 👍
Mine did the same thing. Had to buy a bag of grade 5 nylock nuts. A few of the nuts stripped out trying to get them to the correct torque. The studs for the struts are luckily harder then the nuts so those give first. I eventually pulled the bar out. Gets in the way and it's kind of just a show piece.

Last edited:

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Looks great! What I see you have the Bullit grille, do you have adaptive cruise, if so which lower grille did you use?
Thanks. Both the upper and lower grilles are Bullitt, the upper has the chrome surround. These were my second mods, right after the H-Pipe and resonator delete. No I do not have adaptive cruise.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah, that's a really good upgrade, plays well in the curves. :champagne:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Installing a shifter upgrade, required the truck shuffle to make room for the Mustang.

IMG_0885.jpeg

Just before sliding under the car finishing a cup of coffee, looking at the end of the driveway.
IMG_0880.jpeg

Saw an interesting picture 2 full-size trucks from different mothers. Snapped it, LMAO the 32 looks like a toy.
Sponsored