Custom GT350 knob from Billetworkz

Rix350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Go ahead. Just be aware that the thread adapter that comes with the Billetworkz knob is very small and it won't be easy to get off. I don't recall if there are even flats on it.

Loctite is not for gluing parts together, it's for making sure they don't come loose.
I got lucky with a washer I had laying around and didn’t have to sand it. Drop it on tighten it and it perfectly lined up. I never get lucky on shit like that.
Sponsored

Deleted member 22592

IMG_3764.jpeg
IMG_3765.jpeg
IMG_3761.jpeg

I like it with one spacer nut which raises it a little higher than stock. Going to try this and if I don't like it I will adjust it lower.
Mine is for sale if anyone's interested, I sold the car..

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
That looks pretty dope, the stainless matches the satin interior accents better than I would have thought.

You're going to need that sock with a black knob for sure though.

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I have the white one with the snake logo.

it looks cool. But I do road racing every week with my car and I prefer the stock knob for changing gears. The billetworks is nice but the rounded head doesn’t give you any indexing for where the shifter is. When your doing a quick shift up, and you palm your hand in it for the 3rd or 5th gear change I have a tendency to slide over it, or my palm skates over while my fingers are still on it. I’ve gotten used to while Racing. But for the hell of it, I put the stock knob back on and immediately realized it performs way better. The stock knob is much smaller and with the square head it allows for easy indexing and fast and clean shifts.

I did like the look of it, but I just prefer stock in my personal opinion.

I’m selling my shift knob if anyone is interested.

let me know.

regards

Phillip

Sponsored

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
I have the white one with the snake logo.

it looks cool. But I do road racing every week with my car and I prefer the stock knob for changing gears. The billetworks is nice but the rounded head doesn’t give you any indexing for where the shifter is. When your doing a quick shift up, and you palm your hand in it for the 3rd or 5th gear change I have a tendency to slide over it, or my palm skates over while my fingers are still on it. I’ve gotten used to while Racing. But for the hell of it, I put the stock knob back on and immediately realized it performs way better. The stock knob is much smaller and with the square head it allows for easy indexing and fast and clean shifts.

I did like the look of it, but I just prefer stock in my personal opinion.

I’m selling my shift knob if anyone is interested.

let me know.

regards

Phillip
PM sent.

Bluestang59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Kona Blue, sold 2017 GT PP1 Lightning Blue,,
Anybody have tips on breaking loose stock knob ? Twisting by hand not working ...

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
They only have grey engraving?

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Teflon tape is an easy fix to align your shift knob.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I broke down and got one too. Gloss black with the standard GT350 engraving. It looks great and feels great too. So far I am very happy with it.

IMG_4048.jpeg

Danmach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang mach 1 2021
I've gone a bit shift knob crazy in the past year and I should probably post up a comparison thread. I've got the original GT350 knob of course, plus the Ford Performance cue ball, the MGW gripper, the MGW cue ball, an Anarchy Motive knob, and now this beautiful creation from Billetworkz. Hopefully I will have more to come on the rest, but this is my favorite of the bunch and I think it's staying on the car. Here are some pictures of the Billetworkz knob:

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

This thing is really impressive. The laser engraving is very sharp, it has a nice weight, and the quality of the powdercoat is very good. I was dubious of the shape over a regular cue ball, but it feels great. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can start banging gears on backroads again.

The knob shape is their "short teardrop" and it has a reverse lockout pocket so you can use it with the factory shifter, but I have it installed on my MGW with the MGW OEM knob adapter. Billetworkz has other knobs including a regular cueball-shaped one that I suspect you could make work with MGW's jam nut for the MGW cueball knobs. I didn't weigh it, but according to their specs it weighs in at a smidge under 1 lb. It also appears to be the same diameter as the Ford Performance GT350 cueball knob that I have.

That shift pattern incorporating the GT350 emblem is my own design, feel free to PM me if you want a copy that you can engrave yourself or send to a different company.

Also, you might be able to tell that I have the knob set really high in the pictures, that's just how I prefer it. There's a lot of adjustment range on an MGW when you use the OEM knob adapter (M12x1.25) and a GT350 knob (M10x1.25) and I think you could get this thing to go down another inch and a half. The pocket inside for the reverse lockout is quite deep and I actually have some washers spacing it out.

I got the knob three weeks to the day after placing my order. That's a hell of a lot better than the thirty-seven weeks it took Anarchy Motive to ship their knob.

Only real downside is the price. This thing was $140 plus $10 shipping, but I think judging by my invoice if you skipped the cobras on the side and just did the GT350 shift pattern on top, it would be closer to $110 shipped.

I think it's totally worth it though, this is the knob that I had in mind when ordering the AM knob and it's a high quality piece.

Forum member pics:

@mkonrad 's:

img_0520-jpg.jpg

PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING AN ORDER:

See my post below (link) about which cobra emblem to have engraved on which colors for proper appearance.

R owners, please see my post (link) about the alternate shift pattern with the GT350R logo.

Comparison of GT350 Twister Orange to Billetworkz "Gloss Orange" (link)
PMed you!

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone gotten one in a color that is close to FP blue?
I've got the candy blue that they offer in my lightning blue car. A little darker than the exterior, but it looks good on the inside of the car. That's probably the closest that they have to FP blue.
Sponsored