Sponsored

Custom GT350 knob from Billetworkz

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I've gone a bit shift knob crazy in the past year and I should probably post up a comparison thread. I've got the original GT350 knob of course, plus the Ford Performance cue ball, the MGW gripper, the MGW cue ball, an Anarchy Motive knob, and now this beautiful creation from Billetworkz. Hopefully I will have more to come on the rest, but this is my favorite of the bunch and I think it's staying on the car. Here are some pictures of the Billetworkz knob:

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

This thing is really impressive. The laser engraving is very sharp, it has a nice weight, and the quality of the powdercoat is very good. I was dubious of the shape over a regular cue ball, but it feels great. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can start banging gears on backroads again.

The knob shape is their "short teardrop" and it has a reverse lockout pocket so you can use it with the factory shifter, but I have it installed on my MGW with the MGW OEM knob adapter. Billetworkz has other knobs including a regular cueball-shaped one that I suspect you could make work with MGW's jam nut for the MGW cueball knobs. I didn't weigh it, but according to their specs it weighs in at a smidge under 1 lb. It also appears to be the same diameter as the Ford Performance GT350 cueball knob that I have.

That shift pattern incorporating the GT350 emblem is my own design, feel free to PM me if you want a copy that you can engrave yourself or send to a different company.

Also, you might be able to tell that I have the knob set really high in the pictures, that's just how I prefer it. There's a lot of adjustment range on an MGW when you use the OEM knob adapter (M12x1.25) and a GT350 knob (M10x1.25) and I think you could get this thing to go down another inch and a half. The pocket inside for the reverse lockout is quite deep and I actually have some washers spacing it out.

I got the knob three weeks to the day after placing my order. That's a hell of a lot better than the thirty-seven weeks it took Anarchy Motive to ship their knob.

Only real downside is the price. This thing was $140 plus $10 shipping, but I think judging by my invoice if you skipped the cobras on the side and just did the GT350 shift pattern on top, it would be closer to $110 shipped.

I think it's totally worth it though, this is the knob that I had in mind when ordering the AM knob and it's a high quality piece.

Forum member pics:

@mkonrad 's:

img_0520-jpg.jpg

PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING AN ORDER:

See my post below (link) about which cobra emblem to have engraved on which colors for proper appearance.

R owners, please see my post (link) about the alternate shift pattern with the GT350R logo.

Comparison of GT350 Twister Orange to Billetworkz "Gloss Orange" (link)
Sponsored

Last edited:

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
That’s really well done. You ordered it without a shift pattern and engraved it yourself afterwards? Nice work on the shift pattern.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
That’s really well done. You ordered it without a shift pattern and engraved it yourself afterwards? Nice work on the shift pattern.
No, Billetworkz did all the engraving. I made my own shift pattern design and just sent them a file. You could ask for a more conventional shift pattern if you preferred, I believe they have pictures on their site and Facebook.

They told me that they have all this on file now, so if you ask about a knob for the GT350 they’ll know what you’re talking about.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
They have a ton of colors.

One thing I’m not sure of is if they do color fill for the engraving. What you’re seeing in the pictures is the raw stainless steel below the powdercoat. Depending on how subtle you want to be, it may not be a great match with every color. I don’t think it would work great with a color similar to LFG. But they also offer knobs in aluminum which would make the engraving brighter. The aluminum probably doesn’t pair well with white or a color similar to avalanche gray.

Mostly speculation on my part, I’ve only seen my own knob in person.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Also, if anyone is thinking of doing a black knob with a cobra to match the one on the steering wheel, you’ll note that the cobra on my knob is a match for the emblems on the grille and decklid. The cobra on the steering wheel has black scales, whereas the one on the outside emblems has silver scales.

I could probably come up with a file you could send Billetworkz that matches the steering wheel cobra, PM me.
B0AF3953-5F97-4B28-9E4A-7F1C3B8B0A72.jpeg

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
I've gone a bit shift knob crazy in the past year and I should probably post up a comparison thread. I've got the original GT350 knob of course, plus the Ford Performance cue ball, the MGW gripper, the MGW cue ball, an Anarchy Motive knob, and now this beautiful creation from Billetworkz. Hopefully I will have more to come on the rest, but this is my favorite of the bunch and I think it's staying on the car. Here are some pictures of the Billetworkz knob:

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

This thing is really impressive. The laser engraving is very sharp, it has a nice weight, and the quality of the powdercoat is very good. I was dubious of the shape over a regular cue ball, but it feels great. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can start banging gears on backroads again.

The knob shape is their "short teardrop" and it has a reverse lockout pocket so you can use it with the factory shifter, but I have it installed on my MGW with the MGW OEM knob adapter. Billetworkz has other knobs including a regular cueball-shaped one that I suspect you could make work with MGW's jam nut for the MGW cueball knobs. I didn't weigh it, but according to their specs it weighs in at a smidge under 1 lb. It also appears to be the same diameter as the Ford Performance GT350 cueball knob that I have.

That shift pattern incorporating the GT350 emblem is my own design, feel free to PM me if you want a copy that you can engrave yourself or send to a different company.

Also, you might be able to tell that I have the knob set really high in the pictures, that's just how I prefer it. There's a lot of adjustment range on an MGW when you use the OEM knob adapter (M12x1.25) and a GT350 knob (M10x1.25) and I think you could get this thing to go down another inch and a half. The pocket inside for the reverse lockout is quite deep and I actually have some washers spacing it out.

I got the knob three weeks to the day after placing my order. That's a hell of a lot better than the thirty-seven weeks it took Anarchy Motive to ship their knob.

Only real downside is the price. This thing was $140 plus $10 shipping, but I think judging by my invoice if you skipped the cobras on the side and just did the GT350 shift pattern on top, it would be closer to $110 shipped.

I think it's totally worth it though, this is the knob that I had in mind when ordering the AM knob and it's a high quality piece.
Can you add a R to the GT350?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I’ve been in touch w @Spart for awhile now. I saw his GT350 shift pattern last year and instantly loved it. Beautiful design and execution!!

He steered me to Billetworkz earlier this week and I am in the process of finalizing my knob.

Austin, the owner/operator of Billetworkz is EXCELLENT to work with. Responsive, professional and appeciative of an informed customer. Read through his website.

To answer some questions above:
  • They can do any color in the Prismatic Powders catalog- slight bump up in price.
    • BTW, Prismatic Powders has an excellent color match service. Check their website out. Call toll free number; give them a manufacturer color code (no need to dive into the Ditzler or other types); they can suggest samples (on 1x3 inch aluminum) which are free but you have to pay shipping (for me, 2 samples cost $6 to ship). Shipping is overnight via UPS for in stock samples ~ 1-3 business days.
  • Billetworkz can do custom fill colors too. I requested black fill which was an additional $10.
Can’t say how much I appreciate Spart’s willingness to share his info and art!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Can you add a R to the GT350?
Probably. Can you find me a relatively high-res file with the R? If it’s a photo, preferably as square and perpendicular to the logo as possible. ETA: Preferably the embroidered R on the headrest. Again, as square and perpendicular to the logo as possible.

As it is, I spent a couple of hours on a medium-res version of the GT350 in Illustrator cleaning it up and turning it into nice vector art. Overkill for such a small engraving, but I wanted to have it as correct as possible.

Last edited:

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

Extremely bad ass!

Could they do a black knob with red lettering like below?
350R plate.png

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Extremely bad ass!

Could they do a black knob with red lettering like below?
I'd assume so, since Tank said they could do color fill. Hit up the contact form on their site.

They don't have a version of the GT350 logo with the R however, see my above post.

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
I'd assume so, since Tank said they could do color fill. Hit up the contact form on their site.

They don't have a version of the GT350 logo with the R however, see my above post.
Do they have a telephone number? don't see one, I'm old school and like to use the phone.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Do they have a telephone number? don't see one, I'm old school and like to use the phone.
Don't know, only communicated with them via email. They were very prompt.
Sponsored