Sponsored

Custom GT350 knob from Billetworkz

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I think @Tank posted earlier in this thread about this - but they use a certain brand of powdercoat that you can get sample chips for and compare to your paint.

I should probably start a table of "good enough" matches and add that to the OP, huh? Let me know what you find out.
That'd be awesome. I wanted to see their orange before reaching out to the powder coat company to get some swatches
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
That'd be awesome. I wanted to see their orange before reaching out to the powder coat company to get some swatches
Check with Austin - he may still be using Prismatic Powders. If he is, call PP up, they may already have a match in the books or be able to get you in the ballpark. PP is awesome to work with.

I documented my search for an Avalanche Gray match in this thread like a crazy man. You can search for my post pretty easily. I hope they help!

Good Luck!

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Check with Austin - he may still be using Prismatic Powders. If he is, call PP up, they may already have a match in the books or be able to get you in the ballpark. PP is awesome to work with.

I documented my search for an Avalanche Gray match in this thread like a crazy man. You can search for my post pretty easily. I hope they help!

Good Luck!
Yea I saw your search for AG. I have an inquiry out to Austin right now to see what theirs is like. If it's more metallic, or solid orange

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
1614356164769.png

Here is their gloss orange. Looks pretty close to Twister Orange on the bottom. Think the lighting up top makes it look lighter

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Here is their gloss orange. Looks pretty close to Twister Orange on the bottom. Think the lighting up top makes it look lighter
Orange is a reallllly finicky color to take pictures of. I would for sure get a paint chip if you're worried about a match.

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Orange is a reallllly finicky color to take pictures of. I would for sure get a paint chip if you're worried about a match.
I'll reach out to prisma powdercoat for some

TBLGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST and 22 GT500
Billetworkz still doesn’t do colored engraving. Just got an email back that they still don’t have a paint supplier. If I ever go billetworkz not sure what color I’d do. Maybe gloss or matte black

TBLGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
When installing the Billetworkz tear drop knob is there a jam nut or adapter? Can it just be threaded on and use blue loctite so I can get the knob as low as possible?

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
This on oem shifter? Here’s my anarchy measure on factory shifter as low as I can get it. I think it’s still to high.
That titan knob (I ordered the same when I made my mistake) is tall as hell.

You'll get it lower on an MGW shifter. Not by a lot, but some. The MGW also shortens the throws, so that helps with a taller knob.

When installing the Billetworkz tear drop knob is there a jam nut or adapter? Can it just be threaded on and use blue loctite so I can get the knob as low as possible?
There's a threaded insert. You can use it with or without a jam nut, I believe someone on here used a sanded down washer to get things aligned perfect. I would avoid loctite if at all possible.

I'm a big fan of the MGW shifter though. These knobs fit and look great with the MGW OEM knob adapter, which is itself a fancy jam nut. You can see it poking out of the bottom of the knob in my pictures in the OP, and I have it maxed out on height and it's at 5" with the Billetworkz short teardrop. But the MGW shifter sits lower anyway. I think it could go down another inch, but I've never wanted to find out.

Sponsored

Rix350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
1614356164769.png

I bought the gloss orange and it looks close. I’ll pull it out and take a photo of it next to the my paint a little later today.

TBLGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
That titan knob (I ordered the same when I made my mistake) is tall as hell.

You'll get it lower on an MGW shifter. Not by a lot, but some. The MGW also shortens the throws, so that helps with a taller knob.

There's a threaded insert. You can use it with or without a jam nut, I believe someone on here used a sanded down washer to get things aligned perfect. I would avoid loctite if at all possible.

I'm a big fan of the MGW shifter though. These knobs fit and look great with the MGW OEM knob adapter, which is itself a fancy jam nut. You can see it poking out of the bottom of the knob in my pictures in the OP, and I have it maxed out on height and it's at 5" with the Billetworkz short teardrop. But the MGW shifter sits lower anyway. I think it could go down another inch, but I've never wanted to find out.
Thanks for the info. Was hoping it would be as easy as blue loct tite and align. Lol. I prefer not to change the actual shifter right now. I’m sure I’ll figure it out. I ordered the matte black one with snakes

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I bought the gloss orange and it looks close. I’ll pull it out and take a photo of it next to the my paint a little later today.
Appreciate that!