OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just a heads up for any of you who are thinking about getting a black knob, or any combination where the knob is dark and the engraving is bright.

The file I sent to Billetworkz for the cobra will look goofy if you do this - see the version on the right below. The mouth should be dark and the eye should be the brighter color. As it is, it looks inverted and goofy. I'm going to work on an alternative one, so hold off a bit.

cobra-emblems-comparison.gif

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
If you're placing an order through Billetworkz, please pay close attention to this so you get what you expect.

As I posted above, in order to have the cobra render properly on a knob that's powdercoated black or a dark color, you actually need to engrave it differently. Otherwise it will have an inverted appearance and it will look wrong.

There are three variants of the logo that Billetworkz should have now:

• dark on bright - this is the one you see in the pictures of my knob above. This is what Ford uses on the exterior emblems. Suitable for engraving on white, yellow, red, or grabber blue powdercoats.
  • bright on dark w/dark scales - this is the variant Ford uses on the steering wheel. Suitable for engraving on black, blue, LFG, Magnetic, or other dark colors.
  • bright on dark w/bright scales - this is the variant Ford uses on the key fob. Suitable for engraving on black, blue, LFG, Magnetic, or other dark colors.

Below please find a matrix of various color combos, as well as two incorrect examples in the bottom right.

gt350-cobra-colors.gif

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
1ECE665B-5249-4953-A798-4E66B97B1D62.jpeg
Probably. Can you find me a relatively high-res file with the R? If it’s a photo, preferably as square and perpendicular to the logo as possible. ETA: Preferably the embroidered R on the headrest. Again, as square and perpendicular to the logo as possible.

As it is, I spent a couple of hours on a medium-res version of the GT350 in Illustrator cleaning it up and turning it into nice vector art. Overkill for such a small engraving, but I wanted to have it as correct as possible.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The one in the headrest is going to be much better for my purposes.

Also, it needs to be as square as possible. See how the bottom of the plaque appears narrower than the top in your pic? Try to get the lens straight out from the R and the camera dead flat with the headrest.

Sponsored

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
A6275490-61EB-4097-8994-FF9985FD7739.jpeg
The one in the headrest is going to be much better for my purposes.

Also, it needs to be as square as possible. See how the bottom of the plaque appears narrower than the top in your pic? Try to get the lens straight out from the R and the camera dead flat with the headrest.
Just curious, does this work?

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just curious, does this work?
It's decent. I'll see what I can do.

ETA: would still appreciate someone getting me a nice picture of the headrest embroidery, it's going to require the least hand editing. You can see quite a few defects from the molding in that R emblem.

Sponsored

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
@Spart That looks great, thank you for sharing. I didn't see a good example of that shape on the site, I'm glad you posted it. Really looks great. I'll be seriously considering an Avalanche Gray with Dark Cobra.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
@Spart That looks great, thank you for sharing. I didn't see a good example of that shape on the site, I'm glad you posted it. Really looks great. I'll be seriously considering an Avalanche Gray with Dark Cobra.
I have two samples estimated to be close matches to AG being mailed from Prismatic Powders. I’ll post here when they come in.
Coastal Gray - PSS-4779S
Gray Rock- USS-1011S

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Here's my progression on making a nice, vector art version of that R:

r-process.jpg

That only took about three hours. I ended up doing it by hand, because you just can't live-trace something with as much noise in it as embroidery has. BUT the embroidery was *mostly* in the correct shape.

@Woody25 @Dominator961 @zzrat how does this design look to you?

gt-350r-shift-pattern-red-knob.gif

ETA: Billetworkz has this design. When you go to their contact us, just ask for the GT350R shift pattern.
Sponsored

Last edited: