What's changing on '22?

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I'm not, really. I just wonder about changes in aftermarket parts compatibility. Either way, I'd like to know exactly what's different between the '21 engine and the '22.
I’d have to dig, but iirc they moved an airflow sensor and changed the tune. I can’t believe it would effect aftermarket compatibility

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
"When asked what exactly was changed on the engine to meet these requirements, a Ford spokesperson clarified, “For 2022, the Mustang’s 5.0-liter V8 engine’s hydrocarbon traps were modified, with a new mass airflow sensor location and updated engine calibration.”

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42730...-0l-v8-down-10-hp-to-meet-emissions-standards

I very much doubt any of this will impact aftermarket parts.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Hopefully the digital dash is standard now
Should have been a stand alone option IMO, not a fan.

Give me analog gauges any day. Classic and simple.

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Should have been a stand alone option IMO, not a fan.

Give me analog gauges any day. Classic and simple.
Same here. If I could have NO SCREENS in the car that would be my preference

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
A452D74A-C0BF-4B2E-8E46-B3EEFD3756F5.png

Don’t forget the original CAI

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
No tuning.. or very minimal tuning. Bet me haha.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Back in my pep boys speed shop days I Had one of those catch on fire on me in a old El Camino ,it looked like a bbq Baked potato afterwards.
Me too, 68 GT

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Hi guys,

Ordering a 2022 GT (6spd regular GT w/ black accent package and 301A, Grabber Blue). I'm bummed to read about the 10hp power loss on the coyote. Anyone know *exactly* what they are changing on the engine? Will any of it, most importantly, affect the compatibility with aftermarket parts, such as exhausts, etc? I would assume probably different programming, but I plant to keep it stock for at least 3 years while it's under full warranty, with the exception possibly of exhaust.

Thanks for any input.

-Z
I added the Ford Performance tune supposedly added 19 hp the only difference is the transmission shift points. It probably only added 10 hp and outside of the transmission I couldn't tell any difference. My 0 to 60 time did go from 4.6 to 4.5 but I also changed my rear tires. I wouldn't worry about 10 hp as a bunch of people said you can't tell the difference. Just enjoy your new car best of luck to you.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Just wishful thinking, but I do think it should be standard by now .
Probably should really. But even if they did I would hope they left the analog as an option as some prefer the retro analog gauge look. I personally went with a 400a for that one reason I didn't want the digital cluster.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
No tuning.. or very minimal tuning. Bet me haha.
Haha, yup, I've been bit by the bug many, many times :) My wife had to stop me from a 6" lift on my truck (settled for a 2.1" level/front lift). I do have concerns about warranty on the engine, so while under warranty, I'm likely not to do anything "unauthorized." My F150 is still on stock tune and I know I'm leaving 20-30hp on the table, but it's under warranty for 8yrs/100k (Ford ESP).

One thing I do want to do fairly right away is replace the resonator with an H-pipe. That seems to be the way to get the car to sound really damn good without spending a lot.

I added the Ford Performance tune supposedly added 19 hp the only difference is the transmission shift points. It probably only added 10 hp and outside of the transmission I couldn't tell any difference. My 0 to 60 time did go from 4.6 to 4.5 but I also changed my rear tires. I wouldn't worry about 10 hp as a bunch of people said you can't tell the difference. Just enjoy your new car best of luck to you.
Hmm, does Ford Performance offer a tune for 6spd cars and does it maintain full warranty support with that tune in place? 19hp is worth it if the price isn't stupid.
Sponsored