4G Modem Disabling Instructions:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Your information is outdated. If you have amazon devices you already share your bandwidth, or, your data is sent over other people's devices by bluetooth.

Check a couple posts above.

On the contrary, you need to make an explicit effort to opt out. And even then who knows.

P.S. according to Rob Braxman (author of YouTube channel from above) amazon is not alone. Apple devices use bluetooth mesh as well.

So it is easy to imagine how apple czr play can take advantage of that.
Thats quite the leap. You assume Amazon and Ford are sharing data. Let's stick to the subject matter at hand.

If you have specific proof that a bluetooth link is sharing data with Ford, then please provide the proof.

Drummerboy and I went to a lot of work documenting the process of disabling 4g and wifi. And now you are dealing with hypothetical situations.

Proof please.
Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Thats quite the leap. You assume Amazon and Ford are sharing data. Let's stick to the subject matter at hand.

If you have specific proof that a bluetooth link is sharing data with Ford, then please provide the proof.

Drummerboy and I went to a lot of work documenting the process of disabling 4g and wifi. And now you are dealing with hypothetical situations.

Proof please.
I never mentioned they share the data. That's just you assumption.

My post was about bluetooth networking capabilities in general. And not needeing any user consent in particular.

But is easy to see how it could be used by multiple parties already.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I never mentioned they share the data. That's just you assumption.

My post was about bluetooth networking capabilities in general. And not needeing any user consent in particular.

But is easy to see how it could be used by multiple parties already.
What does that have to do with the subject matter?

I just love people who find things to bicker and debate for the sake of it.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Proof please.
Read the end-user license agreement(s) for Ford Pass and Sync in your 2018 and 2020. The 2018 might not have the electronics for it, but the 2020 certainly does. Then do the same for your Amazon products if you have Alexa or anything else from them. The agreements will explain precisely how your data is shared and with whom.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What does that have to do with the subject matter?

I just love people who find things to bicker and debate for the sake of it.
Owners may be violating their contract with Ford if they disconnect the modem.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Owners may be violating their contract with Ford if they disconnect the modem.
Please don’t think I’m being a dick …

What contract ?

I paid cash and bought the car outright - It’s not leased, Ford don’t own any part of it and it’s not going back to them in three years or whatever term people agree to.

Other than voiding part of my warranty, what other say do they have over what I do to it ?

WD :like:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I just bought a 21 loaded escape. I absolutely refused to activate Ford pass and told them specifically I didn't want it or have it activated.

I am not aware of any contract and it certainly would have been voided if there was one when I explicitly declined anything to do with Ford pass or the collection of data. They sold me the car anyway and said that Fordpass would not be activated. There is no contract. There is no obligation.

Edited to add:
I think some of you are making a lot of this stuff up. May I suggest we all stick to the subject matter pertaining to this thread or take your sidetracks over to the general forum.

Its funny how a lot of you would sell yourselves out for enough Ford points to maybe get you an oil change.

Last edited:

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

What contract ?

I paid cash and bought the car outright - Its not leased, Ford don’t own any part of it and it’s not going back to them in three years or whatever term people agree to.

Other than voiding part of my warranty, what other say do they have over what I do to it ?

There are two contracts that I was referring to that might limit your freedom of action. I'm not certain on either, but there's a lot going on in the automotive data market and OEMS are under a lot of pressure to make sure consumers don't opt out.

One is the end user license agreement with Ford for Ford Pass and/or Sync. If you're using the services these features provide, you may have to release your data to them in the same way as Google gets your data when you use search.

The other is the Bill of Sale you signed when you bought the car - you gave them money and they gave you a car in exchange. Thing is, you may have also agreed to give them your data along with the money. I'm not sure on that point with Ford, but other auto OEM's are doing it.

As they say about contracts, the big print giveth and the small print taketh away...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

What contract ?

I paid cash and bought the car outright - It’s not leased, Ford don’t own any part of it and it’s not going back to them in three years or whatever term people agree to.

I believe that there is a contract. If Ford finds out that you broke it they will take away your Mustang and force you to buy a Camaro! :crackup: :cwl:

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
right now cars will continue to work no problem, new e-cars could be disabled wirelessly or not start if manipulated. that is one easy way to enforce the contract compared to litigation

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
right now cars will continue to work no problem, new e-cars could be disabled wirelessly or not start if manipulated. that is one easy way to enforce the contract compared to litigation
also an easy way to lose customers though. will be interesting to see what the future brings.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
also an easy way to lose customers though. will be interesting to see what the future brings.
correct, but all of them are going to do it this way. anyway curious as well how far they go.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
There are two contracts that I was referring to that might limit your freedom of action. I'm not certain on either, but there's a lot going on in the automotive data market and OEMS are under a lot of pressure to make sure consumers don't opt out.

One is the end user license agreement with Ford for Ford Pass and/or Sync. If you're using the services these features provide, you may have to release your data to them in the same way as Google gets your data when you use search.

The other is the Bill of Sale you signed when you bought the car - you gave them money and they gave you a car in exchange. Thing is, you may have also agreed to give them your data along with the money. I'm not sure on that point with Ford, but other auto OEM's are doing it.

As they say about contracts, the big print giveth and the small print taketh away...
That's not a contract. If one party (you) is required to continue giving a service (data) with nothing in exchange from the other party (Ford) then what you have is an unenforceable contract that is void. There are no possible repercusiones provided in the contract if you cease your end of the deal. What are they going to do? Take away the property that has already been negotiated?

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
That's not a contract. If one party (you) is required to continue giving a service (data) with nothing in exchange from the other party (Ford) then what you have is an unenforceable contract that is void. There are no possible repercusiones provided in the contract if you cease your end of the deal. What are they going to do? Take away the property that has already been negotiated?
Things break. Like modems or fuses. You are not intetested in fixing it with or without warranty. That's it.

P.S. Problem is if they use other ways to send your data. And this is why bluetooth is bring discussed.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Still not sure I buy into the contract theory.

How about those that buy a low mileage nearly new car privately. Even if the first owner was somehow tied into a contract with Ford, what about the second ?

Same question for those that buy new or lease through a (non Ford owned) third party - their contract is with the third party and not with Ford ?

Sponsored