Sponsored

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I have a friend at GM who says they always use the A10 when doing 'Ring testing. As much as everyone wants the manual to be faster, there's just no matching its shift speed and it's ability to almost always be in the right gear. We're not talking about a C-4, here.

My car is a manual even though I know I'd be faster (& to your point, quicker as well) autocrossing with the auto, but I'd rather shift myself.
Sadly this is correct. The A10 is superior to the manual in every way except driving experience and that is purely subjective.

Gone are the days of better performance and gas mileage with a stick, but you will have to pry the knob of my TREMEC out of my cold dead hands šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
So which of you HP owners is willing to pay to have your shipped to the Ring for testing. You also need to hire Randy Pobst to drive it. Then We will know for sure!
The driver is the biggest variable, but weather and track conditions could easily account for several seconds per lap.

Also, if you're going to the expense of taking a car to the Ring, then get a fast driver, not just one who speaks well.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The driver is the biggest variable, but weather and track conditions could easily account for a Coyote seconds per lap.

Also, if you're going to the expense of taking a car to the Ring, then get a fast driver, not just one who speaks well.
Excuse me!!!!!

Active in the SCCA World Challenge GT series and the Grand American series' GT class, Pobst was the 2003, 2007, 2008, and 2010 SCCA World Challenge GT champion, the 1996 North American Touring Car Championship title winner, and the 2005, 2006 and 2007 SCCA World Challenge TC vice-champion. He is also a two-time class winner of the 24 Hours of Daytona, in 2001 and 2006.

Randy Pobst has more than 90 pro wins. He is currently a Mazda, Volvo, Audi and Porsche factory supported driver.[

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Excuse me!!!!!

Active in the SCCA World Challenge GT series and the Grand American series' GT class, Pobst was the 2003, 2007, 2008, and 2010 SCCA World Challenge GT champion, the 1996 North American Touring Car Championship title winner, and the 2005, 2006 and 2007 SCCA World Challenge TC vice-champion. He is also a two-time class winner of the 24 Hours of Daytona, in 2001 and 2006.

Randy Pobst has more than 90 pro wins. He is currently a Mazda, Volvo, Audi and Porsche factory supported driver.[
Pshhh yeah but how good is he at Ping Pong šŸ™„ šŸ˜‚

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Of the number of orders cancelled I bet you would be hard pressed to find 1 buyer that was even aware of this run at the ring lol. I consider myself obsessed with the Mach 1 and until this thread I had never heard of this video or the people doing the test.
Understood, but if time were a commodity, which in most cultures and avenues of business it appears to be, the time factor of the M1 on the Nā€™gring is concerning.

I for one, would care 2 craps less if I had purchased solely because I loved the car for satisfying 90-95% of my personal needs, but there would always something in the back of my mind when I see that Honda Civic Type R at Cars & Coffee that would concern me if I had a M1.

Personally, and truthfully, I feel the time could be faster. The car sampled seemed to struggle for grip. The driver seemed to driving the piss out of it. I say, give the car more grip and aero and then make a stab at it. I think itā€™s capable.

For what itā€™s worth, I love the M1. Itā€™s beautiful and sexy, and itā€™s a sweet car to see on the roads.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Understood, but if time were a commodity, which in most cultures and avenues of business it appears to be, the time factor of the M1 on the Nā€™gring is concerning.

I for one, would care 2 craps less if I had purchased solely because I loved the car for satisfying 90-95% of my personal needs, but there would always something in the back of my mind when I see that Honda Civic Type R at Cars & Coffee that would concern me if I had a M1.

Personally, and truthfully, I feel the time could be faster. The car sampled seemed to struggle for grip. The driver seemed to driving the piss out of it. I say, give the car more grip and aero and then make a stab at it. I think itā€™s capable.

For what itā€™s worth, I love the M1. Itā€™s beautiful and sexy, and itā€™s a sweet car to see on the roads.
I get what youā€™re saying. And I would love to see an HP car take a shot at that track. Actually what I really want to see is it lap Laguna seca. I have more hours than I care to admit from my youth wasted on gran turismo lapping laguna :cwl:

But even if it ran 9 min at the ring Iā€™d still take it over a civic of any kind. Based on what I see around here they wouldnā€™t sell me one anyway. I was under the impression you had to have those big donut looking ear piercings and vape smoke billowing out the drivers window to be allowed to drive one off the lot. Equivalent to a credit check for the rest of us, I assumed that was the prerequisite for ownership on the civic r

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I was under the impression you had to have those big donut looking ear piercings and vape smoke billowing out the drivers window to be allowed to drive one off the lot. Equivalent to a credit check for the rest of us, I assumed that was the prerequisite for ownership
dude, that's the entire population on the Hill. They don't drive Civic, they ride bus and bicycle. Mother Earth and all that jazz.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I can get a picture of my accelerometer later. Is it 100% accelerate most likely not but it's what I have to go off of in the car.
I get that you can - more of a problem is that you actually believe it.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I get what youā€™re saying. And I would love to see an HP car take a shot at that track. Actually what I really want to see is it lap Laguna seca. I have more hours than I care to admit from my youth wasted on gran turismo lapping laguna :cwl:

But even if it ran 9 min at the ring Iā€™d still take it over a civic of any kind. Based on what I see around here they wouldnā€™t sell me one anyway. I was under the impression you had to have those big donut looking ear piercings and vape smoke billowing out the drivers window to be allowed to drive one off the lot. Equivalent to a credit check for the rest of us, I assumed that was the prerequisite for ownership on the civic r
Post of the week! Thanks for the laugh. I totally agree 110.3838485922828569%.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
I'll use your plane example....
Planes have a stall speed because below that speed, the weight of the plane overcomes the lift produced by the wings. The wings are still generating lift, just not enough to keep the plane airborne.
If we want people to have correct information, that's not the only kind of stall.

Pull the nose up at too low a speed and the airplane stops making lift, and goes into free-fall.

The stall you're talking about means you still have control of the plane, you just can't climb. You do that on purpose when you're landing.

The stall I'm talking feels like falling off a cliff, and if you do it on purpose you give yourself a thousand feet or so of room for recovery.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I get that you can - more of a problem is that you actually believe it.
This guy. Must have missed the part were I said I doubt it's accuracy but cool.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
What does well equipped refer to? I canā€™t think of anything other than the HP that would make a difference from a 0 option car to a fully loaded one
Sorry if it wasn't obvious, but I'm referring to weight. A bare-bones M1 is going to be lighter than a fully-loaded Premium (Deluxe depending where you live). Heated/cooled leather seats, Elite package, etc...these add weight.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if it wasn't obvious, but I'm referring to weight. A bare-bones M1 is going to be lighter than a fully-loaded Premium (Deluxe depending where you live). Heated/cooled leather seats, Elite package, etc...these add weight.
50 pounds (if that) doesn't make a damn bit of useful difference

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
50 pounds (if that) doesn't make a damn bit of useful difference
Considering weight affects every facet of car control...yeah, I'm going to go ahead and disagree 100%.

ESPECIALLY around a track that long and technical...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Considering weight affects every facet of car control...yeah, I'm going to go ahead and disagree 100%.

ESPECIALLY around a track that long and technical...
so you expect a measurable/statistically useful difference between a 150lb driver and a 200lb driver?
Sponsored