Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking bigger tires and GT350R wing (I like the way it looks).
I wish somebody would publish aero forces at 80mph and 120mph, not just 160 or whatever.
Or as I suspect there is F'all downforce below 100 anyway.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
No passenger cars make any significant downforce below 100 mph. And cause I'm in a betting mood.. Cause somebody mentioned the 10r80 would be quicker, I'd bet the manual version would be quicker than the 10R80 on that track. Assuming the a10 would survive, or be even in the proper gear on most of those corners.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I wish somebody would publish aero forces at 80mph and 120mph, not just 160 or whatever.
Or as I suspect there is F'all downforce below 100 anyway.
Mr Bernoulli said it was a squared function. If you know downforce at 1 speed, you can calculate it for any.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
No passenger cars make any significant downforce below 100 mph. And cause I'm in a betting mood.. Cause somebody mentioned the 10r80 would be quicker, I'd bet the manual version would be quicker than the 10R80 on that track. Assuming the a10 would survive, or be even in the proper gear on most of those corners.
The manual is more fun to drive, but the 10-speed is faster.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Don't confuse quicker with faster.
Just curious, what is your reasoning for thinking the a10 wouldn’t keep up with the tremec car on track? Assume the a10 would survive. With the coolers I don’t know that we have reason to assume otherwise. And I’m not sure why you mentioned earlier it might be in the wrong gears, but in my defense I don’t know much about the a10 other than what I’ve read. I would guess all things being equal with drivers and conditions, the a10 car would turn faster, more consistent laps.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the press got to drive the A10 in the Willow springs(quite hot there I guess) quite extensively without any issue as I understood it.

I don't see why it would not cope with laps on the ring with the revisions it has undergone.

Also again between the Euro 3:55 M6 and A10 the difference is quite big on how the power is delivered. How much that transfers to a track as the Ring it's difficult to say but out of slower corners it will definitely be more beneficial with the A10. Also with the tall gearing if you are not very familiar with the car I guess it is difficult to know in which gear you should be in in certain situations which potentially adds to the loosing some tenths here and there.

This is what is very difficult for me if I order a M1, is to go with the M6 och A10. Only reason I would go for the M6 is because it is a Tremec, but on the other hand I know what I am loosing from a performance PoV which would kill it for me. The gearing and setup on my MX5 is built in such way that each gear is there for the car to freely be revved up but with the 3:55 couple with the M6 that is simply not the case. On the GT I believe at the end of 3rd gear you are up at 180km/h or so with the MT82, with the Tremec that is a bit lower though(thankfully)

Also in all comparison discussions if you e.g. put a 305 square Cup2s on the Mustang you have to consider then thinking of laptimes with similar setup with most other cars. Sport Auto tests the cars in the trim they come from factory. For sure the Cup2s will have a massive difference in times over a lap once the Cup2 are heated up they are much much more grippy compared to the PS4S. On a "regular" track it can be many seconds on a track like the Ring it can be even more seconds :D

Last edited:

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Reviews clearly indicate so. It has additional oil cooler, upgraded torque convertor and more sporty tuning. What's year seat time in 10R80 Mach 1 again? If Randy Pobst says it shifts great, then hardly anyone can disagree.

velocity550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
no, trade it in for a Civic obviously! duh :)
your tire budget will be halved and so too your gas bill. Though the kind of bro's you'll attract may not prove helpful.
Been there done that. Do not get the type R for gas mileage, I get 7mpg better in the stang LOL

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
#FlameSuitOn

I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about ... ?

Times as quoted above :
  • Mach 1 = 7:58
  • F82 M4 = 7:52
Here's the bits I guess wont be liked :

A) The F82 M4 is a very quick car. Forget bench racing, have you been in one ? My bro has a comp DCT and it hauls ass ...

B) Everyone's saying tyres make a huge difference. Bro's M4 is 10mm wider both front and rear (standard on Michelin pilot sports).

C) Are we comparing apples to apples i.e. Was the M4 above a DCT, that will make a considerable difference over a manual stang.

D) Zipping my flame suit up really tight for this one ... This was a euro spec Mach 1, which some might say is a glorified euro GT (with MagneRide) which is 'similar' to a USDM PP1 (with MagneRide) ...

I appreciate you guys will want to see the full fat USDM Mach 1 HP times, but considering everything above and comparing it to the M4 time, I actually think it put in a very respectable effort :sunglasses: :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
#FlameSuitOn

I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about ... ?

Times as quoted above :
  • Mach 1 = 7:58
  • F82 M4 = 7:52
Here's the bits I guess wont be liked :

A) The F82 M4 is a very quick car. Forget bench racing, have you been in one ? My bro has a comp DCT and it hauls ass ...

B) Everyone's saying tyres make a huge difference. Bro's M4 is 10mm wider both front and rear (standard on Michelin pilot sports).

C) Are we comparing apples to apples i.e. Was the M4 above a DCT, that will make a considerable difference over a manual stang.

D) Zipping my flame suit up really tight for this one ... This was a euro spec Mach 1, which some might say is a glorified euro GT (with MagneRide) which is 'similar' to a USDM PP1 (with MagneRide) ...

I appreciate you guys will want to see the full fat USDM Mach 1 HP times, but considering everything above and comparing it to the M4 time, I actually think it put in a very respectable effort :sunglasses: :like:

I think all we are saying is why did they not use their most "track capable" setup on one of the most famous race courses out there which should have yielded better results even if it was a few seconds better or the same.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think all we are saying is why did they not use their most "track capable" setup on one of the most famous race courses out there which should have yielded better results even if it was a few seconds better or the same.
I get that, but it's been done by a German website, a German YouTube channel, on a German track, testing the model that is available from Ford in Germany.

It would be great if they could get hold of and test a USDM 'full fat' version as a comparison, but testing the variant they did is the most logical and relevant option for them :like:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
How is that even possible :D
Easy to do when you're always in boost. I have an Accord 2.0T and if I mash the gas everywhere I can manage to get under 18 mpg if I tried but I usually drive it like an eco wiener and use the power when I need it. Type R has a bigger turbo and will demand more fuel.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It would be great if they could get hold of and test a USDM 'full fat' version as a comparison
So which of you HP owners is willing to pay to have your shipped to the Ring for testing. You also need to hire Randy Pobst to drive it. Then We will know for sure!
Sponsored