Sponsored

Another Ford Quality Example

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure that’s overspray and not thin colour coat … ?

WD :like:
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Yep, looks like they could have sprayed for a second or so longer.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen and have photos of missed paint on my grabber lime front bumper that the body shop took when they fixed some delivery damage.

Also if it was overspray, how come the PPF guy didn’t shout up before doing his bit so it could be clayed / wet sanded / polished etc prior to sealing it in under the PPF ? :frown:

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I ‘ll add to the fine workmanship coming out of flat rock

35C30A46-518F-4FF0-B87C-7E1F28C1041C.jpeg

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I have seen and have photos of missed paint on my grabber lime front bumper that the body shop took when they fixed some delivery damage.

Also if it was overspray, how come the PPF guy didn’t shout up before doing his bit so it could be clayed / wet sanded / polished etc prior to sealing it in under the PPF ? :frown:

Well I kinda wondered the same thing. He told me it was the worst factory paint he has seen. He had my car for 6 weeks with ppf, ceramic, and paint correction. However most of the corection was spent on the rear since my car was transported incorrectly (very front and top of truck. Rear end 1st). The rear end was beat to hell from salt, cinders, etc. It got transported in middle if snow storm.

Either way, I just wanted my car back and honestly don't think he was as "skilled" as he led me to believe. I've had multiple ppf issues as well.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
After having my first GT bought back due to missing paint on all the edges, I went over my replacement GT with a fine tooth comb and still found some defects. I accepted it anyway.

I have kept a close eye on Mustangs at car shows and I notice a lot of defects on most of them. I just saw a new GT500 and noticed a couple defects on it almost right off the bat.

And Ford can't put front and rear bumpers on right on eco boosts, GTs, 350s, or 500s either.

I accept that Ford does not built perfect cars, and you'll be hard pressed to find a Mustang that is perfect (which I believe just comes down to luck).

You're gonna get more stuff in your paint from driving and enjoying your car, so I would just have someone touch that up.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well I kinda wondered the same thing. He told me it was the worst factory paint he has seen. He had my car for 6 weeks with ppf, ceramic, and paint correction. However most of the corection was spent on the rear since my car was transported incorrectly (very front and top of truck. Rear end 1st). The rear end was beat to hell from salt, cinders, etc. It got transported in middle if snow storm.

Either way, I just wanted my car back and honestly don't think he was as "skilled" as he led me to believe. I've had multiple ppf issues as well.
Just for completeness and now I am on my work PC, here was my missing paint :

1631799417223.png

1631799435041.png

Those are the front outer corners of the bottom grill aperture on a PP1 GT.

It not as bad as yours and unless you got on your hands and knees it's not in an obvious position, but it was photo'd and fixed by the body shop before I took delivery anyway (two cosmetic transport marks in the paint on the front bumper top edge just before the hood).

Excluding the cost of paintwork and at prices I would have had to pay if it was my own money, it cost ford £2051.89 (approx $2840) to fix my build & delivery issues ... :frown:

Sfckelley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Shelby GT500 ,18 Ford Raptor, 20 Navigator L
I'll add my quality story... I was lucky enough to be able to get into the factory as my 500 was coming down the last few lines at FlatRock thanks to an old high school friend. Spotted a slight fold in the passenger side bumper cover and pointed it out to him and another Union person providing the tour. They circled the defect and assured me it would be taken care of at final QC. Well, when I went to the dealer to pick up the car, guess what was still... That's right the good ol' fold in my bumper cover. Picked up the car on 6/29/21, had the dealer include bumper cover replacement on the paperwork before I signed. As of today 9/16/21, the bumper cover is still backordered...
bumper (2)_LI.jpg

killbeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4, 2021 Shelby GT500
That's how you know you got a Ford.... (-:
I have this on my hood at the windshield:

1631831178918.png

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
They circled the defect and assured me it would be taken care of at final QC. Well, when I went to the dealer to pick up the car, guess what...
That is beyond sad. Farley, are you listening?

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
Clearly panel fitment is not something that Ford has been able or willing to make the effort. My previous car, 2019 Challenger Redeye Widebody was as close to perfect in panel fitment as you can get and they too have low end, lower priced SXT'S along with expensive hellcats on the same line. Just bad management and minimal qc...my new 21 GT convertible could be a lot better but I will leave it.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
I couldn't believe how bad my paint and stripe job was/is. 8th grade shop work at best. I've come to the realization we bought a $100K drive train and a $40K fit and finish. Split the difference.
You have hit the mark. A going-over for cosmetics is not too expensive, if you care, and then you still have a performance bargain.

Reactions: dps

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
...in other words, what you guys are saying is;

@ Ford, Quality ISN'T job 1....................... :ontheloo:
It's more like #2, if you get my drift.
Sponsored