"2022" Mach 1's

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Hmm might be an age thing, I used to buy the brightest red cars I could get, but now it's silver or black.
It's classy vs flashy. My 2015 Mustang was black, my 2021 Mach 1 is silver. Seems us older folk are the classy ones.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Hmm might be an age thing, I used to buy the brightest red cars I could get, but now it's silver or black.
The first car/truck I bought 23 years ago was a bright red ranger. That hasn't changed.
In fact,

asterisks are cars that I still own.....

cars I have owned that are not red

79 monte carlo
79 cutlass
91 f-150 ext cab
09 f150 plat
06 f250*

cars I have owned that are red.
92 ranger,
89 bronc
58 tractor*
82 bronc*
86 bronc*
02 f150* #
71 mach*
21 mach* #

# bought new

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The first car/truck I bought 23 years ago was a bright red ranger. That hasn't changed.
In fact,

asterisks are cars that I still own.....

cars I have owned that are not red

79 monte carlo
79 cutlass
91 f-150 ext cab
09 f150 plat
06 f250*

cars I have owned that are red.
92 ranger,
89 bronc
58 tractor*
82 bronc*
86 bronc*
02 f150* #
71 mach*
21 mach* #

# bought new
Just sent you a pm. Mike

John Houseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
1969 Cougar Convertible, 2000 F-250, 2013 F-150, 2020 F-150 PREVIOUSLY Owned 1982 Mustaang GT, 1986 Mustang GT, 2005 Mustang V-6, 2005 Mustang GT, 2005 Mustang GT Convertible, 2008 Shelby GT500,
You're right it i
Huh? Did you see post #98? It is listed as a 22‘ color. Also see the comment from Steeda.
You're right, there it is. I missed it completely.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I don't care for the greyscale cars, too many of them around these days. Was just kind of poking fun. Which sucks because I used to think that gray and black accented trucks looked great...but not that's every other one on the road :/
I think I see an even half dozen FJG RAV4s on my morning commute to work.

I have a grabber yellow on order; super tempted to re-order a 22’ car since mine will likely arrive in December (seriously Ford just call it a 22’), but that’s only for resale value, which is probably dumb considering I’m gonna keep the car for at least 4-5 years.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
The older I get, the more obnoxious the color I want, hah... Though largely cuz the world around me is getting more boring by the day. Relatively few cars even offer a red anymore, let alone a bright green, yellow, orange, purple... Some kinda dark blue is the only chromatic color you can even get on most cars. Noticing the same thing with clothes, household appliances, you name it. Why don't people realize color is all but psychologically proven to make us happier??? I think there's a cultural stigma that associates it with the third world, and it's dumb af... But now you got me started lol.

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
The older I get, the more obnoxious the color I want, hah... Though largely cuz the world around me is getting more boring by the day. Relatively few cars even offer a red anymore, let alone a bright green, yellow, orange, purple... Some kinda dark blue is the only chromatic color you can even get on most cars. Noticing the same thing with clothes, household appliances, you name it. Why don't people realize color is all but psychologically proven to make us happier??? I think there's a cultural stigma that associates it with the third world, and it's dumb af... But now you got me started lol.
I ordered VB on my Mach because my fathers 71 is blue. Something about these cars being in brighter colors speaks to me. Probably the billion car shows a year I went to as a kid with my dad.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
With subtle colors you blend in with your surroundings. With bright colors you stand out, attract attention, and are easy to see and find.
With the way I drive, I appreciate subtle colors.
Absolutely. There’s a motorcycle cop that sits on my way to work a few days a week where the speed limit goes from 65 down to 40 after a very fun sweeping corner. The gray paint helps blend in a little and I need every advantage I can get lol

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Ford cant control the specs of a tire. And tbh, this is something A LOT of us had to deal with, and none of us where THIS upset with it at all, I wasn't upset in the slightest. I immediately had granger swap out my tires as soon as my car was delivered to them, because I know I wouldn't be able to drive on those tires for more than 4 months out of the year, and that's not fords fault at all. I live in washington. And my car won't be garaged, and our night time temperature can get down to the 45s as early as october. And I work grave, so I do my driving when temps are at their lows. You're still scheduled to take delivery this year, if you take your 2021, your issue is waiting for the 2022, which is your choice to make, not ours, and idk why you seem so upset about it. You act like none of us had long extended wait times. The whole automotive industry has had long wait times. If you want the camaro, get it, but dont blame ford about how late the 2022 handling package comes out just because they cant control the weather. It sounds like you're literally just trying to talk yourself out of buying the mach 1, so maybe it isn't for you? Idk what's wrong with taking a 2021 in the 4th quarter, and realistically, your build time will get bumped forward, and you'll get it sooner. The Camaro and the mustang release their cars next year models literally half a year apart. That is not fords fault either. The Camaro releases the 2022 in the 3rd quarter of 2021, the mustang releases the 2022 in the 1st quarter of 2022. Personally I think if a car is a 2022 model, it should be built in 2022, idk where Chevy came up with that logic. It also seems like your upset ford doesnt want to build a 2022 car in 2021, but the reality is, if its built in 2021, it's a 2021. It's just a 2021 that will have the 2022 styling. I'm pretty sure Chevy does this to try to get a jump start on 2022 model sales, since they know they cant compete in the sales department.

Maybe smoke some weed and relax bud. You seem overly upset. If you want the camaro, just get it. I'm not going to judge you. But the whole automotive industry is moving slow right now. And it's not any one particular person's/companies fault. You gotta go with the flow and chill,
dont stress yourself out over things you cant control..
That is patently not true. Dating back to at least the 1950s, all domestic and most imports introduce their "model year" cars in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the previous year. So 2022 models start production in the 3rd or 4th quarter off 2021 and begin appearing on dealer lots in the September - November of 2021. COVID has thrown the cadence off a bit. Some automakers extended 2020 model year to make up for lost sales due to people being on lockdown and plants being shutdown. Now the chip shortage is having an effect, especially with so many partially built 2021 models sitting in marshalling lots waiting to be completed.

It is true that often special edition models are released later than the mainstream models, occasionally moving them into the actual calendar year. Most brands start rolling out their '22 models in late 2021. It's not a Mustang or Camaro thing. It's an industry thing. This is why auto plants have summer shutdowns. It's to convert the plants from running the current model year to the next model year. It's why there are cutoff dates for ordering current model year. It's because everything built after that date is the next model year.

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
That is patently not true. Dating back to at least the 1950s, all domestic and most imports introduce their "model year" cars in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the previous year. So 2022 models start production in the 3rd or 4th quarter off 2021 and begin appearing on dealer lots in the September - November of 2021. COVID has thrown the cadence off a bit. Some automakers extended 2020 model year to make up for lost sales due to people being on lockdown and plants being shutdown. Now the chip shortage is having an effect, especially with so many partially built 2021 models sitting in marshalling lots waiting to be completed.

It is true that often special edition models are released later than the mainstream models, occasionally moving them into the actual calendar year. Most brands start rolling out their '22 models in late 2021. It's not a Mustang or Camaro thing. It's an industry thing. This is why auto plants have summer shutdowns. It's to convert the plants from running the current model year to the next model year. It's why there are cutoff dates for ordering current model year. It's because everything built after that date is the next model year.
My father, who was a teenager in the mid-late 60's, always told stories about how every August the local dealers would get the next model year in. They would often keep them covered until the debut date, even putting paper over the windows. It was an August tradition to check out the new models.
For example, 69 Camaro debuted first, he liked it a lot. The 69 Mustang was about 2 weeks later and he waited. Once he saw that he had to have one. The rest (5 Mustangs) is history.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1

Today I learned something new. Thank you. 🙏
Sponsored