Sponsored

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
Hello All,

I just wanted to share with you the specifications that made up my 2022 Steeda Mach 1. Steeda will have a video about how they developed this vehicle. The interior of the Mach 1 turned out to be amazing! You can go to Steeda's website to see it. www.steedavehicles.com

dsc03971_52851962263_o.jpg

dsc04260_52851869990_o.jpg

dsc04161_52851473291_o.jpg

Interior 1.jpg

Interior 2.jpg

Interior 3.jpg

Interior 4.jpg

Interior 5.jpg

Interior 6.jpg

Interior 7.jpg

dsc04387_52920512522_o.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Listen...

I didn't think silver wheels would work on fjg I was dead wrong

this also has expedited me getting a gt500 hood. Was there ever a convo of keeping the hood decal? I'm tempted to try that.

thank you for being the hero we need.

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't
Listen...

this also has expedited me getting a gt500 hood. Was there ever a convo of keeping the hood decal? I'm tempted to try that.

I didn't want the decal on the hood, but we did have a conversation, the other day, about that you could still add custom vinyl decals to the hood. If I do any decal it will be black stripes and orange highlight around the extractor itself like the GT 500 have.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Tell me more about the hood.
im on the fence about removing my M1 stripes but agree without them the good is a plain Jane GT hood. Your hood looks great with the 500 style louvers. Since I don’t drive in bad weather I am not concerned with rain, that hood appears to provide a ton of heat venting.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Listen...

@traxiii did a custom decal on his 500 hood and it looks phenomenal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tell me more about the hood.
im on the fence about removing my M1 stripes but agree without them the good is a plain Jane GT hood. Your hood looks great with the 500 style louvers. Since I don’t drive in bad weather I am not concerned with rain, that hood appears to provide a ton of heat venting.
So, when I wanted the Whipple Stage 2 for the car, I knew I was going to order the Cervini GT 500 hood. When I drove the car the other day, you can see the heat coming out of the extractor and temperatures were under 190 degrees. Now, I am sure that the temperatures will increase after I drive the car more and in Houston, Texas weather. That is why I went with the oversized heat exchanger and dual fans.

In terms of how the hood fits, I did not notice any gaps. It looks like it always belonged on the car. I can't take any credit for the fitment. The credit belongs to the Steeda team that worked on car. Seeing that hood on the car in person is much better than what the pictures are showing. Steeda covered the car before I arrived to see the car and you could see the silhouette of the GT 500 hood. It looked menacing.

With respect to the decals of the Mach 1, it can still go back on, but it won't look the same because of the differences of the original hood and the GT 500 hood. That is why Steeda was letting me know some custom options to place a decal on the hood and the rest of the car, if I wanted to. Call Jamie at Steeda and he can walk you through some options.

If you have a power adder on your car, you will benefit a lot from the GT 500 hood. Also, my rain tray will not be installed, since I have a custom made Steeda strut tower brace above the Whipple supercharger. Steeda did not need to lower the engine to achieve this. That is why the GT 500 hood is worth it in my opinion.

Good luck to you and if you take the plunge, you will love the hood.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
So, when I wanted the Whipple Stage 2 for the car, I knew I was going to order the Cervini GT 500 hood. When I drove the car the other day, you can see the heat coming out of the extractor and temperatures were under 190 degrees. Now, I am sure that the temperatures will increase after I drive the car more and in Houston, Texas weather. That is why I went with the oversized heat exchanger and dual fans.

In terms of how the hood fits, I did not notice any gaps. It looks like it always belonged on the car. I can't take any credit for the fitment. The credit belongs to the Steeda team that worked on car. Seeing that hood on the car in person is much better than what the pictures are showing. Steeda covered the car before I arrived to see the car and you could see the silhouette of the GT 500 hood. It looked menacing.

With respect to the decals of the Mach 1, it can still go back on, but it won't look the same because of the differences of the original hood and the GT 500 hood. That is why Steeda was letting me know some custom options to place a decal on the hood and the rest of the car, if I wanted to. Call Jamie at Steeda and he can walk you through some options.

If you have a power adder on your car, you will benefit a lot from the GT 500 hood. Also, my rain tray will not be installed, since I have a custom made Steeda strut tower brace above the Whipple supercharger. Steeda did not need to lower the engine to achieve this. That is why the GT 500 hood is worth it in my opinion.

How did they get the larger heat exchanger and fans to fit? Definitely interested to help in the staging lanes

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did they get the larger heat exchanger and fans to fit? Definitely interested to help in the staging lanes
It all fit perfectly in the front bumper area. No need to fabricate anything.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

Thanks for the info. It looks amazing. What is it made out of? Steeda painted it to match your car I assume? Did it come with the lo profile hood pins?

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. It looks amazing. What is it made out of? Steeda painted it to match your car I assume? Did it come with the lo profile hood pins?
The Cervini GT 500 Hood is made out of fiberglass, and yes, Steeda paint matched the fighter jet gray. You have to order the hood pins and I highly recommend that anyone who puts this hood on, especially with a power adder, get the hood pins installed. There are some people on this forum who have reported movement of the GT 500 hood while driving. Now, since Cervini's hood is heavier than Ford's GT 500 hood, that may benefit those who are concerned about movement of the hood. I did not experience any movement, but my driving was limited for the day.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for sharing - great feedback as this car has generated a ton of interest!

Kingjohnson101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG MACH 1
Car looks epic. I want that hood for my fjg mach 1 now 😒. Thanks now I gotta spend more money... any idea how much a custom Mach 1 hood graphic would typically be? I feel like its a missing element. And any chance I could see your interior changes? Primarily the seat stitching. The standard leather seats look a little boring after a while.

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car looks epic. I want that hood for my fjg mach 1 now 😒. Thanks now I gotta spend more money... any idea how much a custom Mach 1 hood graphic would typically be? I feel like its a missing element. And any chance I could see your interior changes? Primarily the seat stitching. The standard leather seats look a little boring after a while.
Not sure about how much the custom decal is. I haven't inquired about doing it yet, and I will ask Chris from Steeda to upload the interior photo, since the system will not let me upload them.

Kingjohnson101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG MACH 1
Not sure about how much
Not sure about how much the custom decal is. I haven't inquired about doing it yet, and I will ask Chris from Steeda to upload the interior photo, since the system will not let me upload them.
I see they posted your car on their Instagram. Clean build. Is the difference in performance drastically different? I can't make it to a track til maybe next year but im almost done with my cosmetic changes. Bout to jump down the rabbit hole of swapping parts but so much seems like a minimal gain considering how well equipped the car comes.

OP
OP
Codeblue009

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are a few people on this forum who have the complete Steeda suspension, with the dual rate springs, that swear by the improvement in cornering. The adjustable antisway and roll bars, integrated with the dual rate springs and the entire system of Steeda's G-Trac system is at least a two second improvement in time on a road course.

Most people will not do what I did, but if you plan on making those improvement to the handling part of your car, I recommend that you have a systematic plan of addition. I have a Whipple supercharger on my car and the back end of all mustangs are problematic. You need to get the power to the ground and the Steeda G-Trac system does not disappoint at all. No more wheel hop and you can maximize that low end torque these Coyote's make.

For me, my car is dramatically different than when it was stock, but again, it depends on what you really want from your car if you take the plunge on upgrading. The Steeda team can work with you, as they did with me, to produce the vehicle that you want to drive. I had many conversations with the Steeda team about what I wanted, some of the parts that I wanted, and they had advised me and made recommendations during the entire design and build out of the car. Even as late as when they were building the car, if they thought I could use a certain component, they would call and tell me. Sometimes, they even said I didn't need what they were about to install.

So, to finally answer your question. If you track your car and want the improvement of a few seconds, then I would say yes, performance is dramatically increased. If you don't need that level of improvement, then of course the answer would be no. Now driving this car on the street is awesome also. The car handles the road very nice. No rough ride at all. You would not know it was modified, unless you got on throttle.

I hope this helps.
Sponsored