"2022" Mach 1's

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Yep. Some call them "neutral", some "subtle", some "classy", some "achromatic".

The fact is they're goddamn boring... No offense to my boring color lovers here (if you can even call them "colors" :p), but the world needs more color.
We need some boring colors so our bright paint stands out
Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
No misunderstanding, I donā€™t think ā€¦ :like:

When Ford launched grabber lime on the GT500 they showed it as a metallic (shown on the top photo). That had gone against what the grabber colours had traditionally been (non metallic) and how it had appeared for a year back in the 70ā€™s.

When it actually launched (shown on the bottom photo) it was the non metallic original colour.

Based on that experience, all I was saying is just because the early info suggests that grabber blue has gone metallic, that doesnā€™t necessarily mean thatā€™s what we will get when it hits production.

Personally I would say the grabber colours should stay true to their original release i.e. non metallic.

Yeah do a metallic version, but donā€™t call it grabber :like:

If you are interested, there is a website dedicated to the grabber colours and what years / models they were offered on :like:

WD :like:
Grabber Lime is a different beast but I am all in for Metallic Grabber Blue.

Last edited:

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I would be fine if I ended up with the only red HP car in the country. Not about to knock a choice on the blue, those seem to be the most popular around here, 7 of the 8 I have seen cross dealer lots have been blue.
No no. I got a race red Mach 1 HP on order. Schedule build date week of 9/13 šŸ˜œ

John Houseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
1969 Cougar Convertible, 2000 F-250, 2013 F-150, 2020 F-150 PREVIOUSLY Owned 1982 Mustaang GT, 1986 Mustang GT, 2005 Mustang V-6, 2005 Mustang GT, 2005 Mustang GT Convertible, 2008 Shelby GT500,
I'm good with this, but how do you know?
It's in the 2021 mustang brochure and listed that way in build and price. For 2022 FJG is not listed on the leaked pallet for Mustangs, but may still be an option on the Mach 1 - not clear on that yet.

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
Oh yes, meant 2022 M1 but I am really hoping they announce this soon.

I am not having FJG. I ordered it and then almost wanted it changed...

How real is this? Grabber Blue, Eruption Green and Cyber Orange would be my picks here, but I am really hoping Grabber blue is the one on Mach E.

FYI I saw the Grabber Blue on Mach E as well, not just GT. I know what you are thinking. I have researched this a lot but I saw a Mach E on the road 2 months back without the GT grill on the front.

You're buying 3 cars then. Hmm

Link please. Really hoping for new colors. :/
I have also struggled some with FJG. I have an affinity for the orange stripes (see my photo). When I saw Cactus Gray on a Bronco the first time I wasn't impressed. Then I saw a FJG M1 on the floor of a nearby dealership and began to warm up to it. I looked at another one at a different dealership and, considering the various other colors, I thought it was a good choice and ordered it from Zack. Then I saw one in the wild at my place of work within days of ordering mine. Met the driver and now see him about once a week driving it. Love it! It stands out in a subtle yet aggressive way. It's different from any other Mustang ever. If Ford offers Rapid Red, Kona Blue or Performance Blue in 2022 I'm going to kick myself and just might have to figure out a way to get one as my forever car. My guess is it won't happen and I'll be thrilled to drive my FJG M1 for a long, long time.

Sponsored

JacksonvilleBill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 M1672
I would be fine if I ended up with the only red HP car in the country. Not about to knock a choice on the blue, those seem to be the most popular around here, 7 of the 8 I have seen cross dealer lots have been blue.
There is red HP Mach 1 in Florida. I have had it 4 months and really glad I went with red!

IMG_2358.JPG

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
There is red HP Mach 1 in Florida. I have had it 4 months and really glad I went with red!

IMG_2358.JPG
kinda funny, 2 seconds before opening this post me and coworkers were talking about jacksonville. nice car, can't wait to have one in my drive as well.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
@dethmaShine Should be on beginning of October. Order guide for 2021 was posted on October 14th, so with same start of MY22 orders it'll be probably very similar.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
@dethmaShine Should be on beginning of October. Order guide for 2021 was posted on October 14th, so with same start of MY22 orders it'll be probably very similar.
My 2021 Mach 1 goes into product end of September, so I am hoping I don't have to pay for it until the new car is released so I can see what '22 brings!

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
My 2021 Mach 1 goes into product end of September, so I am hoping I don't have to pay for it until the new car is released so I can see what '22 brings!
Probably same thing, but different colors.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's in the 2021 mustang brochure and listed that way in build and price. For 2022 FJG is not listed on the leaked pallet for Mustangs, but may still be an option on the Mach 1 - not clear on that yet.
Huh? Did you see post #98? It is listed as a 22ā€˜ color. Also see the comment from Steeda.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Yep. Some call them "neutral", some "subtle", some "classy", some "achromatic".

The fact is they're goddamn boring... No offense to my boring color lovers here (if you can even call them "colors" :p), but the world needs more color.
Hmm might be an age thing, I used to buy the brightest red cars I could get, but now it's silver or black.
Sponsored