"2022" Mach 1's

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
I think I will just cancel this as dealer stated it's going to be a 2021. I can order a 2SS 1LE the way I want now and have it in October and it will be a 2022 and save $8K ... kind of a no brainer
If you like the Camaro, do it. I think everyone should try to get what they like. Me personally, I wouldnt be saving 8k in your situation, I'd be giving up a trophy wife, for a but-her-face. I'm not a fan of the looks of the Camaro, but that's personal preference, one man's but-her-face, is another man's treasure. I doubt much will change between the 2021 and 2022 mach 1 anyways. Because if you wait for the 2022 mach 1, you're basically waiting til march if you get the handling package, since they won't ship it when it's cold.

To me, 2021 mach 1 > 2022 camaro

Itll be interesting to see what does get changed on the mach 1 for 2022 though.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mister
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
so if your correct about the shipping as in, they won't ship in winter "never heard that before" - but... (I did order the handling pack) then they are BS'ing about when the car will be shipped and I'm not waiting till March for sure - got to tell you I am really sick of FoMoCo's BS about all car related shit lately.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
so if your correct about the shipping as in, they won't ship in winter "never heard that before" - but... (I did order the handling pack) then they are BS'ing about when the car will be shipped and I'm not waiting till March for sure - got to tell you I am really sick of FoMoCo's BS about all car related shit lately.
If I am wrong, someone can kindly correct me. But to my knowledge, they waited until march for the handling package delivery, specifically because the cup 2s cant make it onto the loading trucks below 45Ā°F because the tires are like hockey pucks on ice. They had non handling packages being delivered in winter though. I will try to find a source to quote for you.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mister
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
If I am wrong, someone can kindly correct me. But to my knowledge, they waited until march for the handling package delivery, specifically because the cup 2s cant make it onto the loading trucks below 45Ā°F because the tires are like hockey pucks on ice. They had non handling packages being delivered in winter though. I will try to find a source to quote for you.
I am not doubting you just really disappointed about the whole issue

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mister
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fordau...ach-1-is-on-its-way-to-dealers-right-now/amp/

It would be cool of they add a tire option to the handling package incase you wanted it delivered during the cold months. But I doubt theyll add that for the 2022.
I can't get access to that page link shows error but I found this and have promptly cancelled my order - https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a34645336/mustangs-with-cup-2-tires-not-built-in-winter/

Thank you so, so, much for alerting me to this -

Last edited:

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I spoke to my dealer today in the UK and they have been told no more Mach 1s for the UK full stop!!
They had placed an order for their last one yesterday for March delivery.
I have heard something along the line here as well. Maybe the Mach 1 limited edition for Europe just run out of limit.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I think I will just cancel this as dealer stated it's going to be a 2021. I can order a 2SS 1LE the way I want now and have it in October and it will be a 2022 and save $8K ... kind of a no brainer
That what i Was going to order but I gave it a shot and ordered a Mach 1 July 13 and got a email with a build date nov 15 then next day another email for sept 13 so will wait and see.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
That has to be the lamest b/s story for not shipping a unit in the winter.
Put a Mach 1 in the factory over night, and load it on the truck in the am, as the last one on the truck, so it is at the back bottom, and just has to roll off the truck 15-20 feet, then is on the ground.
What a load of b/s Ford is throwing at customers,buyers.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
That has to be the lamest b/s story for not shipping a unit in the winter.
Put a Mach 1 in the factory over night, and load it on the truck in the am, as the last one on the truck, so it is at the back bottom, and just has to roll off the truck 15-20 feet, then is on the ground.
What a load of b/s Ford is throwing at customers,buyers.
Damn I bet Ford hasnā€™t thought of that before

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Clearly not, if they stop shipping them in the winter because the tires get hard
Itā€™s not a Ford issue. Itā€™s a tire issue. Sport cups are not even supposed to be exposed to freezing temps let alone rolled around while mounted on a car. Thereā€™s a actually a specific protocol for how to warm them back up safely if allowed to get that cold. Iā€™m sure Ford would love to sell handling package cars all year but the tire issue must be real enough that they are willing to not sell them.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Itā€™s not a Ford issue. Itā€™s a tire issue. Sport cups are not even supposed to be exposed to freezing temps let alone rolled around while mounted on a car. Thereā€™s a actually a specific protocol for how to warm them back up safely if allowed to get that cold. Iā€™m sure Ford would love to sell handling package cars all year but the tire issue must be real enough that they are willing to not sell them.
Ya, right. So everyone in the snow belt of the world, have to put their vehicles or at least tires in a heated space. better not buy replacement tires as they get stored in unheated warehouses or 18 wheeler trailers.
How about the factory that makes the tires only does short runs of them in a year, and that is why? lack of product to install on the car.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Ya, right. So everyone in the snow belt of the world, have to put their vehicles or at least tires in a heated space. better not buy replacement tires as they get stored in unheated warehouses or 18 wheeler trailers.
How about the factory that makes the tires only does short runs of them in a year, and that is why? lack of product to install on the car.
Ford cant control the specs of a tire. And tbh, this is something A LOT of us had to deal with, and none of us where THIS upset with it at all, I wasn't upset in the slightest. I immediately had granger swap out my tires as soon as my car was delivered to them, because I know I wouldn't be able to drive on those tires for more than 4 months out of the year, and that's not fords fault at all. I live in washington. And my car won't be garaged, and our night time temperature can get down to the 45s as early as october. And I work grave, so I do my driving when temps are at their lows. You're still scheduled to take delivery this year, if you take your 2021, your issue is waiting for the 2022, which is your choice to make, not ours, and idk why you seem so upset about it. You act like none of us had long extended wait times. The whole automotive industry has had long wait times. If you want the camaro, get it, but dont blame ford about how late the 2022 handling package comes out just because they cant control the weather. It sounds like you're literally just trying to talk yourself out of buying the mach 1, so maybe it isn't for you? Idk what's wrong with taking a 2021 in the 4th quarter, and realistically, your build time will get bumped forward, and you'll get it sooner. The Camaro and the mustang release their cars next year models literally half a year apart. That is not fords fault either. The Camaro releases the 2022 in the 3rd quarter of 2021, the mustang releases the 2022 in the 1st quarter of 2022. Personally I think if a car is a 2022 model, it should be built in 2022, idk where Chevy came up with that logic. It also seems like your upset ford doesnt want to build a 2022 car in 2021, but the reality is, if its built in 2021, it's a 2021. It's just a 2021 that will have the 2022 styling. I'm pretty sure Chevy does this to try to get a jump start on 2022 model sales, since they know they cant compete in the sales department.

Maybe smoke some weed and relax bud. You seem overly upset. If you want the camaro, just get it. I'm not going to judge you. But the whole automotive industry is moving slow right now. And it's not any one particular person's/companies fault. You gotta go with the flow and chill, dont stress yourself out over things you cant control..
Sponsored