Dirty behind

Gee 104

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
gerard
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt 401a kona blue
Does the ass end attract Dust and dirt? Is the rear deffuser causing It.
Sponsored

Joedag1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does the ass end attract Dust and dirt? Is the rear deffuser causing It.
This happens with most cars, the same thing happens to my 4RUNNER

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
I don't know what causes it but the 16 OE trunk panel would get dirty just looking at it. Got tired of it so I got a carbon fiber replacement. It doesn't show the dust and dirt anywhere near as much as the OE, plus it is an immediate badge eliminator.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Yeah, this car is one of the worst I have seen. My only issue is the rear camera is useless after driving wet roads...

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
This is a common occurence, and obviously if a car is driven in a particularly dusty or sandy environment, the rear of the car shows a lot of this dust. And, the amount of dust that settles on the rear of the car is much more pronounced in vehicles that have flat, high rear-ends (Wagons, SUVs, Vans, etc.)

It's because of the way air flows around a vehicle and how it behaves once it reaches the rear - when you see aerodynamic testing, and look at how the air sort of circles or twirls around the rear-end of the vehicle as it's moving, this dust is moving within this whirlwind, and tends to settle on the rear of the car.

OP
OP
Gee 104

Gee 104

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
gerard
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt 401a kona blue
I just ordered anti static straps from amazon going to give it a try. The roads are dusty from cinders and salt. seams like its static related also.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Yeah, this car is one of the worst I have seen. My only issue is the rear camera is useless after driving wet roads...
I don't know if it's the worst I've ever had for dust but the back-up camera after driving in the rain is super useless and annoying!

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
This is a common occurence, and obviously if a car is driven in a particularly dusty or sandy environment, the rear of the car shows a lot of this dust. And, the amount of dust that settles on the rear of the car is much more pronounced in vehicles that have flat, high rear-ends (Wagons, SUVs, Vans, etc.)

It's because of the way air flows around a vehicle and how it behaves once it reaches the rear - when you see aerodynamic testing, and look at how the air sort of circles or twirls around the rear-end of the vehicle as it's moving, this dust is moving within this whirlwind, and tends to settle on the rear of the car.
Hello; Yes to this. The Ford van pictured in my avatar was very bad for this. Well bad to keep clean at all being black. You cannot see it in the picture but I bought a scoop which fitted at the roof line on the back of the van. It stood up just above the roof and was curved. It would catch the air coming off the top and force it down behind the van. Did help some, but was in essence a reverse wing in terms of down force. I am sure at high speeds it would lift some.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I don't know what causes it but the 16 OE trunk panel would get dirty just looking at it. Got tired of it so I got a carbon fiber replacement. It doesn't show the dust and dirt anywhere near as much as the OE, plus it is an immediate badge eliminator.
I dislike non-functional mods whether they be from the factory or after-market. Those trunk panels are just for show...

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Yes to this. The Ford van pictured in my avatar was very bad for this. Well bad to keep clean at all being black. You cannot see it in the picture but I bought a scoop which fitted at the roof line on the back of the van. It stood up just above the roof and was curved. It would catch the air coming off the top and force it down behind the van. Did help some, but was in essence a reverse wing in terms of down force. I am sure at high speeds it would lift some.
If you look back to the 70's station wagons available at that time, most have that very wing you speak of. It was actually a mandate because kids used to sit in the back of station wagons ( I was one ) and with the back window down, the exhaust would damn near knock everyone out. The wing was added to keep the exhaust from rising.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Look at all that dead air on her ass! Add some electrostatic surface, say on the deck lid, and gather as much nano particulate as you like.
Sponsored