Sponsored

Punched from Behind

WGWMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Got hammered pretty good today. The other driver's insurance is covering everything and I'm already in a rental car. Kind of thinking my neck is going to be sore tomorrow, we'll see.

So, pictures and questions:

Looks like the right side is pushed in around 4 or 5 inches. The metal body panel that supports the tail light is pushed in and looks cracked at the seams. Trunk lid is jacked, ripple on right quarter panel, and of course all the other obvious smashed stuff. Actually my license plate is buried in there somewhere.

So, can that rear metal body panel that supports the tail lights be beat back into place, cut out, other?

Thanks,

WGW
Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Ouch, looks like he hit you hard - good thing you are OK and able to motor around & take pics of the damage.

Barry626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 2.3L
Got hammered pretty good today. The other driver's insurance is covering everything and I'm already in a rental car. Kind of thinking my neck is going to be sore tomorrow, we'll see.
If your neck is truly hurting is one thing if your planning to make it up?
Then your not a very nice person and it's no wonder car insurance is what it is!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Trunk lid gets replaced

Rear tail light panel will get replaced

New bumper cover

Rear 1/4 will get replaced

Trunk pan will list likely get pulled using a frame machine

Any other misc parts will get replaced

Now - the above is only if the damage does not exceed 75% of the cars value. If the damages will cost nearly 75% of the cars value, it's going to be considered a total loss and it's done.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Trunk lid gets replaced

Rear tail light panel will get replaced

New bumper cover

Rear 1/4 will get replaced

Trunk pan will list likely get pulled using a frame machine

Any other misc parts will get replaced

Now - the above is only if the damage does not exceed 75% of the cars value. If the damages will cost nearly 75% of the cars value, it's going to be considered a total loss and it's done.
Much better if it is totaled - you can then get a new one undamaged!

Sponsored

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
Much better if it is totaled - you can then get a new one undamaged!
I totaled a 2013 Charger R/T and made 5,000 over what I paid for the car. State Farm didn't care what deal I got at the dealership. I was happily surprised because I thought I would lose a lot of money.

Glad your okay, and good luck:cheers:

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
I meant good luck OP:cheers:

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Then your not a very nice person and it's no wonder car insurance is what it is!
Judging by the pictures, I doubt he is making it up

To OP:

Do not agree to any settlements with the insurance company until you have been examined, and fully treated, including if you will need long term care for it. Never settle until you are sure you are ok medically. Also, keep a copy of all records associated with the wreck... Doctor visits, prescriptions etc if any.

OP
OP

WGWMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
It's stiff right now but I can certainly move it in all directions and I wouldn't call it pain. I'm hoping it will be fine in the morning. I got hit on my motorcycle one time, got booted off the bike and slid/rolled into a curb. Got up, went into work that same day, no problem. A little stiff, but functioning. The next day, I could hardly walk. I just hope this isn't a repeat of that. The last thing I want to do is deal with a medical claim too.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
:rant::paddle:

It doesn't look like the steel bumper bent. Any idea how fast the other party was going? I am guessing it was relatively low speed impact. But hit by a taller vehicle than the Mustang.

I really need to get a rear facing dash cam.

Mustang has good head restraints, but it wouldn't surprise me if OP took at least a little whiplash. That said, i am not sure if medical treatment can help this sort of thing. Probably they will just do xrays and muscle relaxers and start a paper trail.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
its hard to imagine hitting yellow car like that. Yellow is supposed to be the easiest color to notice.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Sorry to hear that OP, what was the other person doing, texting and driving?

Why I'm glad to be with these guys:

(I wish)

Yeah, get checked out, and then raise hell, and make sure to go aftermarket with the replacements

OP
OP

WGWMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
He was in a Nissan SUV of some sort. Not sure how fast he was going but his air bag deployed. Happened on the interstate. Traffic quick stopped, I stopped, he didn't. I checked my mirror after I stopped, looked like he had it under control, so I turned my attention back to the stopped traffic, not expecting an impact, then I heard the crunch and felt my head jerk forward and slam into the head rest. Got to admit, it left me a little rattled. One of those, did this really just happen, moments.

Regarding the color, this happened in the early morning before sunrise. But at the same time those brake lights are crazy bright. I initially thought maybe he got stopped, then he got rear ended and pushed into me. But it was all him.

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes.