Sponsored

So who knew the S550 was part Dump Truck?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yea, so I don't know about any of you, but who has been under the rear of their S550 and jiggled or banged on their rear bumper cover/valence?

Well I was under mine tonight for a separate look at something else and upon getting out from under the car, I accidentally hit the bottom of the rear valence/bumper cover and road debris started trickling out of it.

So I figured what the hell and started jiggling and banging on the bottom of the cover a few times and damn, it was RAINING down all sorts of road debris (sand, dirt, rocks, pebbles, asphalt bits, etc.)!!!!

Who knew the S550 doubled as a Dump Truck?
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Sounds like it collects road debris while cruising down the road ... or have you been 4-wheeling your Mustang? :)

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Haha, I discovered this when I removed my rear valance yesterday. I got peppered with rocks.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Haha jeez. I guess I ought to get under there every so often and knock the crap out from under there. There's a few spots it seems to collect up dust and such. Anyone else notice right under the front of the hood that it collects up little particles of dirt/sand, too?

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
LoL @ Mustang 4-wheeling... :lol:

But on a serious note...

It collects everything going down the roads/highways!

Due to the wide open design, it acts like a large scoop and collects the debris. I literally took 2 handfuls of debris out then shook the cover to get rest to fall out. It collects the most right behind the area of the back up light assembly.

I'm wondering if that bumper cover/valence design is also creating excessive drag??

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'm wondering if that bumper cover/valence design is also creating excessive drag??
Yup! Your right on.

You'll note the GT 350 rear balance has a flow through design that's masked with screens. Another reason I love that bumper but not the $1800-3100 needed to upgrade it(depending on model).

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
That's pretty interesting, I'll have to go out there tomorrow and check under the back. I live out in the country and I can't wait to find out what my car has collected off these crummy roads.