Sponsored

Punched from Behind

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Why in hell would you allow them to tailgate you for miles. Just get over and let them by. Even if you brake checked them, they wouldn't understand and you would be getting the horn and middle finger.

It amazes me the number of people that I see in new cars that have blue tooth that still have the phone to the side of their head.

Dave
Traffic....no where to go. I cringed and waited for the hit every time we slowed up. He was getting my finger in the rear view but he kept at it. I never felt road rage like that in my life
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Traffic....no where to go. I cringed and waited for the hit every time we slowed up. He was getting my finger in the rear view but he kept at it. I never felt road rage like that in my life
You might want to delete this.

There's a potential for a civil lawsuit and admitting you were agitating the other party won't look good.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You might want to delete this.

There's a potential for a civil lawsuit and admitting you were agitating the other party won't look good.
I agree, But ironically he can't delete the quotes like yours.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It amazes me the number of people that I see in new cars that have blue tooth that still have the phone to the side of their head.
I have mixed feelings. They are much less likely to get brain cancer with blue-tooth than holding a phone next to their brain.

If they used blue-tooth, we would be safer when we are driving in their vicinity BUT that kind of person is probably a hazard in lots of other ways, so brain cancer might be the the best for society as a whole. ;)

Sponsored

ecobooststeven

Where's The Boost?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost (Magnetic)

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
I have mixed feelings. They are much less likely to get brain cancer with blue-tooth than holding a phone next to their brain.

If they used blue-tooth, we would be safer when we are driving in their vicinity BUT that kind of person is probably a hazard in lots of other ways, so brain cancer might be the the best for society as a whole. ;)
:lol::lol::lol:

OP
OP

WGWMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Thanks all for the comments and recommendations.

Got the estimate today. Looks to be just under $14,000 in damage. They are going to order all new OEM Ford parts and will start the repairs once they all come in. The shop time to do all the work came in at 23 full days of work providing they don't run into any problems. Of course, that clock won't start until the parts arrive. Time to get comfy in my rental car. :thumbdown:

What a mess. But I certainly am glad the other party had insurance and fault was undeniable.

Thanks again,

WGW

Sponsored
OP
OP

WGWMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
....Insurance wouldn't total my 14 (16000+ in damage) so I called around and found a quality shop that had several "car guys" that also happened to love Mustangs working there and they did a fantastic job. I originally was upset and thought that the car would never be the same, but i couldn't have been more wrong.
I feel the same way and expressed my concerns to the body shop manager. He said that they do some pretty high-tech stuff now in the body repair business. They like use lasers and stuff to keep adjustments within original specs. Told me I wouldn't even be able to tell it was wrecked once they are done. That certainly helped. Guess I just need to give them a chance to do their work and not judge until I see the final product.

Thanks,

WGW

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
FWIW, my wife got smacked pretty hard in the rear in her Honda Accord by a teen girl driving her BF's old Chevelle. I figured the car would never look right or be the same after being repaired, but it came back flawless. She drove that car to 150K miles & there was never an issue mechanically or with the paint.

This is going to show up on CarFax tho, so I'd hit up the Ins. for a diminished value settlement in addition to the actual repairs. It will effect the resale down the line no matter how good it looks.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Time to upgrade to dual tip exhaust. :)

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
:eek: $14k? Way more than I thought

I knew I should have bought a big truck with the heavy iron bumpers on front and rear :headbonk:

OP
OP

WGWMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Progress....

I didn't realize they'd have to pop out the windows. So while there out, thinking about maybe replacing them with factory tinted windows.....if there is such a thing for the new mustangs. The Ford dealer is checking into it for me. Of course, I'd have to buy the glass, but at least install would be free.

WGW
Sponsored