Punched from Behind

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
any updates or progress photos? Hope all is well !!!
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
How are the repairs proceeding? Has the delay been waiting for parts, or extra unanticipated labor?
Willing to bet it's parts availability..

When I had my Challenger repaired after getting backed into by a F-150 with a trailer hitch I had to wait an extra 3 weeks due to the bumper support being on constraint. Basically nearly every single one they were making was going to line production cars.

Be patient OP, it's going to be okay.

Fasstang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ITGUY
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
Push as much as you can to be totaled !!!!
Be prepared to wait for an easily 8 weeks to get it ready.

OP
OP

WGWMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Called the dealer today and sounds like it is pretty much done. They just have a couple of small things to finish up. Apparently they were having trouble communicating with the insurance company. I contacted the insurance company today and the claims adjuster I had wasn't there anymore. Spoke to the new adjuster (said he just got my file today). He reviewed everything and I think we are back on track now. Dealer sent him the bill and he is cutting a check directly to the dealer. I asked about diminished value and he is submitting that through a company called Vehicle Valuation Services. Looks like they take the car specifics and repair order to come up with a number. He said that number is non-negotiable.

WGW

OP
OP

WGWMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Picked it up today. :headbang:

Gotta say I very impressed with the work they did. I did notice that the guide lines are no longer displayed in the backup camera even though it is enabled on the dash. Also the zoom button (backup camera image) doesn't zoom, just beeps. Maybe the camera had a mini stroke because of the accident? Or maybe I just need to reset the system by disconnecting the battery? I'll certainly take it back to be fixed, but if it is something stupid simple that I can do, I'd be all over that. :)

WGW

Sponsored

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Picked it up today. :headbang:

Gotta say I very impressed with the work they did. I did notice that the guide lines are no longer displayed in the backup camera even though it is enabled on the dash. Also the zoom button (backup camera image) doesn't zoom, just beeps. Maybe the camera had a mini stroke because of the accident? Or maybe I just need to reset the system by disconnecting the battery? I'll certainly take it back to be fixed, but if it is something stupid simple that I can do, I'd be all over that. :)

WGW
They did replace the rear bumper with one that has the sensors, right? If they did, maybe they forgot to hook them up...

OP
OP

WGWMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Yep, bumper sensors and all that are there. The sensors do show up and beep, just no backup lines or zoom control. After a little surfing, looks like others have experienced that issue with certain MFT software versions.

Thanks,

WGW

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Don't sign off that everything is okay. I'm sure you know that. From the times I had to have a body shop work on my car, they do not put it back together like it came apart.
Sponsored