Sponsored

Punched from Behind

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What do they do with the inner trunk metal panels? ie. the right side was removed... do they have to re-spotweld a new one in?
Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
Taking the windows out is awesome!! Beats noticeable tape lines from the shops that try to cut corners and don't bother taking them out.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good progress!

Removal of rear glass is standard when it involves 1/4 panel rework and blending of paint.

Are you upgrading any parts while it's all apart?

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
Progress....

I didn't realize they'd have to pop out the windows. So while there out, thinking about maybe replacing them with factory tinted windows.....if there is such a thing for the new mustangs. The Ford dealer is checking into it for me. Of course, I'd have to buy the glass, but at least install would be free.

WGW
Good lord! A quarter of the car is gone. Where I live that would be totaled for sure. 14K will get new tail lights, bumper cover, trunk lid, and paint. Replacing all that sub structure would have cost way more. Labor alone for one guy for 23 days would be over 16K add parts and paint. Oem parts are prob around 5k-7k.

Glad you're ok. Hope everything works out for you.

Falcon01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost Premium PP Manual
I'm cringing looming at that picture. How could they not have totaled that? Make sure the rear glass bumper rear quarters and trunk lid are aligned when taking it back

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Looks like my factory panel alignments on the rear

OP
OP

WGWMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
What do they do with the inner trunk metal panels? ie. the right side was removed... do they have to re-spotweld a new one in?
Yep, that's how I understand it. They will weld new panels, paint and seal.

Yeah, no upgrades. I'm just going to keep it stock.

No go on the factory tinted windows. Guess they down exist yet. So, looks like my only option is film tint after the repairs are done.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
I'm glad you are okay. That's most important. I asked before in forums if you could get anything from the insurance company for the deflated value you may get later if you trade the car in or sell it. The right thing to do is disclose the accident, and car fax should show it as well. Even though professionally repaired, it will potentially be worth less later, when you want value from it. You will be on the losing end again. Sucks, but nothing to do about it from what I understand.

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
Glad your okay!!! The IMPORTANT thing as everyone has said!

I installed the raxium tail light sequencer.... Then got rear ended in traffic. Got it fixed. Installed the raxium 3rd brake light flasher... Got rear ended at light...getting that fixed.... Definitely NOT installing the 4th brake light mod.....

Maybe everyone is in a trance from the warning lights that I'm stopping in front of them????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored
OP
OP

WGWMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
I'm glad you are okay. That's most important. I asked before in forums if you could get anything from the insurance company for the deflated value you may get later if you trade the car in or sell it. The right thing to do is disclose the accident, and car fax should show it as well. Even though professionally repaired, it will potentially be worth less later, when you want value from it. You will be on the losing end again. Sucks, but nothing to do about it from what I understand.
I received diminished value on a motorcycle wreck once, but had to ask for it. The adjuster actually told me not to worry about my bike being worth less (over $5,000 in damages to it) because motorcycle repairs are not reported to carfax and who ever buys it would never know. I informed him that I always fully disclose everything before selling something and the new buyer would know exactly what happened because I'd show him the complete repair order. Really bothered me that he basically recommended me to to deceive someone. In the end, I think I received around $1500 in diminished value for that one.

I will for sure be asking for it again in this case. If they try to low ball me, I guess I'll go get a written appraisal from a place like carmax and see what kind of hit I'm going to take because of the damages. I'll take that back to the insurance company and negotiate from there. I'm not looking to make money, but I do need to be made whole.

Now, if they could compensate me for separation from my mustang.....that would be awesome and very expensive. :D I swear I see more mustangs running around now than every before and I'm stuck in my rental Ford Escape. :doh:

WGW

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Search around on here. There's a thread several months back that names an expert diminished value appraiser. It's worth more than you think it is. Don't shortchange yourself.

OP
OP

WGWMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Well.....6 weeks into this now and still no Mustang. :(

Starting to get restless. Found myself looking at used Mustangs to buy just to get me though this separation period, but I just keep telling myself, they'll call any day now.

WGW

GTJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Search around on here. There's a thread several months back that names an expert diminished value appraiser. It's worth more than you think it is. Don't shortchange yourself.
I frequent the site, but never post. However, I registered just to post about your diminished value. The other driver's insurance company will try to short change you on your diminished value claim. Insurance companies hate paying diminished value. As noted above, it is a great idea idea to hire a diminished value expert to inspect your vehicle once repairs are finished. He will look at various factors including the extent of damage, quality of repairs, age of vehicle, etc. The cost is generally $350 for this inspection and a written report.

The diminished value report should be provided to the insurance company and you will have to fight with them to get a fair settlement. However, based upon my experience, this is a significant diminished value claim. I'm not an expert in diminished value, but I am in a closely related field and have dealt with a lot of DV claims. My best guess is this is at least 4k in lost value if not more. If I were car shopping, I'd never purchase your car after this much damage regardless of the quality of repairs done. Many people feel the same way.

Just trying to help out as I hate seeing people being taken advantage of by the insurance companies.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Well.....6 weeks into this now and still no Mustang. :(
How are the repairs proceeding? Has the delay been waiting for parts, or extra unanticipated labor?
Sponsored