Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Tbh, I hope that IF they do put the 6.8 in a Mustang (I’m still VERY doubtful), that they put it in a BOSS nameplate and make it a drag racer’s special, and keep the GT350 and GT500 DOHC road course specials. Hell, it doesn’t even have to be a boss that was previously established, they can just call it “boss” or “boss 6.8” or “boss 416” or something, because as far as marketing goes, all that needs to be said is “The Boss is Back!”
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Whilst I don't doubt the GT350 will return, a big block engine seems an odd choice for it. GT500, sure, but the GT350 should be light on its feet. At the very least, the 6.8 would need an aluminium block, especially if it were to go in a GT350.

Ironically, it would have been a better fit for the Mach 1 !! (as they were often big engined street bruisers, not track weapons)
I agree. that's why I would've loved to an aluminum 7.3, or destroked 7.3 with higher revs, in the Mach. Just a big ole ugly pushrod motor. The Mach 1 as it sits would've been better as a new Boss 302, because that is exactly where it fits.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
prices of the new Mach 1 are pushing me to look for another slightly used Boss 302 that i can pick up for about 1/2 the price of a Mach 1. and i would still keep the 15 GT.
i know the HP is less than the Mach 1 but i feel that the Boss 302 (right now) has the best balance and feel from a mustang in many years...
the GT just feels "bouncy" to me compared to the Boss....
but hey, what do i know? im just a Joe-Schmo who likes driving mustangs....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The owner of the Ford dealership behind my house (now a Malloy) had a new-in-wrapper Boss Leguna Seca edition on the floor.

Bouncy can be fixed by replacing the crap Ford dampers.

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
prices of the new Mach 1 are pushing me to look for another slightly used Boss 302 that i can pick up for about 1/2 the price of a Mach 1. and i would still keep the 15 GT.
i know the HP is less than the Mach 1 but i feel that the Boss 302 (right now) has the best balance and feel from a mustang in many years...[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure where you get this impression from. Don’t get me wrong, the Boss 302 is a great car, but the S550 is just in a whole other league. Hell, the standard GTPP puts down faster lap times than the Boss

the GT just feels "bouncy" to me compared to the Boss....
Bouncy can be fixed by replacing the crap Ford dampers.
^^this. The Boss has some very good adjustable dampers (iirc they were codeveloped with Bilstein), so that’s why that car isn’t quite as bouncy

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Apples & Oranges. I’m talking about the MSRP’s when a car first comes out, not a year or two after. And the reason Bullitt’s are still out there is that the dealers were greedy with ADM’s.

Well, of course, but I was asking about your definition. Also affordable is not just defined by income. There are folks who make $50k who can afford a new car and those who make $100k who can’t.

As far as a GT500, or even a Mach 1, they are not supposed to be affordable. They are top of the line models. You want affordable, get a base EB.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
and fyi i do have a 2015 PP. i can drive the boss a certain way and know the car will stick,
i do the same with the 15 PP and it gets loose on me or reacts differently and i have to correct.
same tires, same weather conditions.... i feel the boss is all around good solid car.
i know all the papers say the 15 PP puts down better lap times but im not looking for that, i dont race (would like to but not at this point) so racing is not my basis.
everyone has opinions but if i had the choice of buying another Boss or a 15-19 PP i would probably look into another boss. the PP2 im sure it totally different and i have not had the chance to drive one of those but that would be the only car to sway me away from the boss....
and when i say the Mach 1 is expensive in relative terms it is....
$60k for ANY car is too much in my opinion no matter what it is...but again my opinion.
i dont trade my cars in every other year for the latest and greatest as some do....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the PP2 im sure it totally different and i have not had the chance to drive one of those
Koons Baltimore and go test drive their red one. ALL of the S550 trims (GT350 included) have to have their chassis fixed before they'll behave correctly. The GT or PP trims have lousy suspension. Fix your '15 and it should match if not exceed the Boss.

And no, the Mach will let you down just as bad as all the other trims do because Ford won't admit their engineering choices suck. You'll have to immediately do the EXACT same IRS/Diff mods to a Mach 1 as you'd have to do to all the rest.

Last edited:

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
and fyi i do have a 2015 PP. i can drive the boss a certain way and know the car will stick,
i do the same with the 15 PP and it gets loose on me or reacts differently and i have to correct.
same tires, same weather conditions.... i feel the boss is all around good solid car.
i know all the papers say the 15 PP puts down better lap times but im not looking for that, i dont race (would like to but not at this point) so racing is not my basis.
everyone has opinions but if i had the choice of buying another Boss or a 15-19 PP i would probably look into another boss. the PP2 im sure it totally different and i have not had the chance to drive one of those but that would be the only car to sway me away from the boss....
and when i say the Mach 1 is expensive in relative terms it is....
$60k for ANY car is too much in my opinion no matter what it is...but again my opinion.
i dont trade my cars in every other year for the latest and greatest as some do....
you seem to be ignoring that people are agreeing that the s550 mustangs are like that, but it can EASILY be fixed.

after that, you are golden and itll probably change your mind. instead, you ignore what people say and keep arguing the same point over and over.

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wait a second... you’re saving $8k on a $61k Mach 1, meaning you spent $53k on a GT, when you could’ve just given up the handling pack and Recaros (since you clearly don’t need the extra performance) and had a $56k Mach 1?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Because people always want what they cannot have/afford. Mustang's have for years been considered "affordable" performance cars. Well the bar for affordable moved and many now can no longer afford to go there.

People who pay ADM's are either A. those you have the cash and want to be first on line or B. stupid (so they say) and want to be the first on line. Just look at any thread on here about ADM's. No one is forcing anyone to pay one. It is not a charge from Ford. If the only thing keeping you from a GT500 or Mach 1 is ADM you need to sharpen your negotiating skills.

I'm happy that you ordered the car you wanted and paid what you wanted to pay. That said, I'm guessing that you really didn't want/need the Mach 1 package as badly as some others have. And that's totally OK, but regardless of what you add to your GT it will never be a Mach 1.

I understand what you are saying about the Bullitt's. I really wanted one but couldn't because of the M6. But the Bullitt is a very unique "special edition. What I mean by that is if you aren't a fan of the movie, Steve McQueen, or dark green cars the Bullitt would have no real meaning for you. At this point they should be below MSRP. Just like any Mustang. GT350's can be had below MSRP but it certainly doesn't make them any less special.

Anyway congrats on ordering your car. Look forward to pics when you finally get. it.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I’ve been trying to figure out...

does the Mach1 has adaptive cruise control? I’ve been looking the order guide and can’t find it.

I think it won’t be available.:frown::frown:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I’ve been trying to figure out...

does the Mach1 has adaptive cruise control? I’ve been looking the order guide and can’t find it.

I think it won’t be available.:frown::frown:
of course it does. That's how y ou screw with PP1 cars and Camaros at the track. get right behind them then put it on adaptive cruise, just steer and keep up! :D
Sponsored