Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, totally different animals, all of them. Not sure what I'm going to do. I probably won't do anything real soon since winter is headed in and I won't be really driving any of them until spring anyways so no rush. Just thinking of options and trying to figure out which way I'd like to go. When I bought my GT Premium with PP, I think I was around 36k out the door. If I am willing to move up to something in the price range of the Mach1, there are a lot more options for cool cars. Juggling ideas in my head, only time will tell where I end up. =)
I’m not sure I agree with there’s lots of other cool cars in the $55k price range.
I shopped all my options for coupe, back seat, usable trunk.
Camaro LT1- $65k no vis, trunk is a joke
M2-$65k - rip off
Challenger 392- too big
Bette & Supra- no back seat or trunk
Mustang checks all to boxes
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
For under 60k I can get into a clean low mileage Viper GTS or a Lotus Evora.
There's still a cache of 0 mile VIpers Dodge has in a warehouse somewhere that they can sell you.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I’m not sure I agree with there’s lots of other cool cars in the $55k price range.
M2-$65k - rip off
Challenger 392- too big
There are a lot of options if you're willing to look at the used market, even cars with very low mileage. Helps that I don't really care about a trunk either. I am not even thinking Camaro's, Challengers, etc. I am thinking more along the lines of something unique for that kind of money, not the cars you can see looking out the window any day of the week. I also understand the downside of that is availability of parts, maintenance costs, etc. If I am going to go with a car you can see every day, I will get the Mach1.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
There's still a cache of 0 mile VIpers Dodge has in a warehouse somewhere that they can sell you.
Somehow I would bet those are well out of my price range. =)

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
M2-$65k - rip off
Challenger 392- too big
no backseat, but spacious trunk option coming up is the 400z
also a used nissan gtr will be in that area.

the GTR is more tempting between those two options for me currently..
but i still probably prefer the mach 1.

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
no backseat, but spacious trunk option coming up is the 400z
also a used nissan gtr will be in that area.

the GTR is more tempting between those two options for me currently..
but i still probably prefer the mach 1.
My two top pics are a Challenger (1320 or WB) and possibly the 400z. I didn't really like the front end at first , but its growing on me. Plus these should be no more than around mid-40's with rebates on the Dodge.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
$60k? Come on...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This quote came out of another car review. It totally sums up the Mach 1.

As far as buyers are concerned, it's not a question of whether or not it's worth it, but whether or not they want it.

The review was for a Rolls Royce Ghost with a base cost $332,500 and $428,625 after options.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Tbh, I agree. I mean, a 301A PP1 A10 (basically the Mach 1) is a good $10k cheaper. A FTBR diff cooler, mishimoto trans cooler, and GT350 intake/tune will get you to Mach 1 for WAY cheaper, the biggest hurdle there is warranty. But if you aren’t too worried about that, then yeah, the A10 Mach
For road racing I'd want the warranty. I've talked to someone who seriously road races an A10 and has smoked 3 transmission with all kinds of added cooling. If Ford really got it 75% more cooling it might be worth it. Plus a Mach 1 will likely hold more value than standard GT so you get warranty and that. I want a car that is good on a road course off the lot which is why I should have bought a GT350 but that ship has sailed (more than likely) so I'm looking at the Mach 1. The A10 is a possibility but honestly I'll probably just take the Tremec and be happy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
For road racing I'd want the warranty. I've talked to someone who seriously road races an A10 and has smoked 3 transmission with all kinds of added cooling. If Ford really got it 75% more cooling it might be worth it. Plus a Mach 1 will likely hold more value than standard GT so you get warranty and that. I want a car that is good on a road course off the lot which is why I should have bought a GT350 but that ship has sailed (more than likely) so I'm looking at the Mach 1. The A10 is a possibility but honestly I'll probably just take the Tremec and be happy.
Agreed, that’s also why I’m getting the Mach 1 (except I never wanted a GT350 at all). But I know some don’t plan on keeping the warranty around long, and for those people, a 301a PP2 might be a better base to start with. But for people who want an extremely capable car out of the box, the Mach 1 is an excellent option

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
If the rumors of the 6.8L are true for the 22 Mustang, its going to piss a lot of people off who paid more for the mach 1. I may have to consider nixing my plans to get the Scat Pack or Z and wait for the new GT. I should have my current car paid off by then too. A big bump in torque is the only real thing missing in the current car IMO. I would like to see a change in the front end styling back to more of a retro look also.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
If the rumors of the 6.8L are true for the 22 Mustang, its going to piss a lot of people off who paid more for the mach 1. I may have to consider nixing my plans to get the Scat Pack or Z and wait for the new GT. I should have my current car paid off by then too. A big bump in torque is the only real thing missing in the current car IMO. I would like to see a change in the front end styling back to more of a retro look also.
Rumors are just rumors. They also said the Mach 1 would have 525hp. There won't be a 6.8L in the 2022, it will be another Coyote.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack