Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Does anyone have any photos of how they mounted the tuner in the car?
IM not thinking many do. Its really just a glorified OBD2 port reader. Other then the "gauges" part everything on it is a one time use or once a year use. The Gauges are for the most part a bunch of techno stuff you have no use to know and from other stuff I have read half dont work. Maybe on a track day if you just wanna datalog but then you can just lay it in your seat. I just don't see this as something I would want on my windshield or mounted for any length of time as its about 95% useless for everyday. Not to mention that odd network plug jetting out the back makes it difficult to hide a wire.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I wonder how the cai would fit up with the cervini stalker hood ram air duct. I ordered a hood, but will have to see if the seals on the cai would mesh with it.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how the cai would fit up with the cervini stalker hood ram air duct. I ordered a hood, but will have to see if the seals on the cai would mesh with it.
Some sample photos show it does line up decently with the ecoboost FP CAI, not sure how it will do with the 5.0 FP CAI, but duct does at least go over a bit of the Roush and the JLT etc. Not perfect seals, but air distribution.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
So this weekend I had to have my cat euthanized and, afterwards, went for a 5 hour aimless drive. Finding myself out of gas, I stopped at gas station in the middle of no where advertising "Race fuel!" Outside at the pump was sunoco leaded, inside was the extremely pricey unleaded. I was feeling a bit whimsical so I snagged a 5 gallon of 100 octane (put me around 95/96). Didn't notice much immediately but after about 45 minutes the engine felt a lot more free. It was kind of like going to a lightweight flywheel and driveshaft. I get to a stop light with two harleys in the right lane. I'm minding my own business when one creeps up and just starts revving his bike at me. Light goes green, f*ck it, I'm gone. Like, they were tied to a tree gone. Third gear even shoved me back. It was the first thing that made me smile after the loss. The torque bump is very noticeable.

I can't objectively say it was worth the $70 price tag of the race fuel but it's good to know that the tune will respond to higher octane. I can see why there's a few advocates for making 95 octane the normal with how well high compression engines respond to it.

Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
So this weekend I had to have my cat euthanized and, afterwards, went for a 5 hour aimless drive. Finding myself out of gas, I stopped at gas station in the middle of no where advertising "Race fuel!" Outside at the pump was sunoco leaded, inside was the extremely pricey unleaded. I was feeling a bit whimsical so I snagged a 5 gallon of 100 octane (put me around 95/96). Didn't notice much immediately but after about 45 minutes the engine felt a lot more free. It was kind of like going to a lightweight flywheel and driveshaft. I get to a stop light with two harleys in the right lane. I'm minding my own business when one creeps up and just starts revving his bike at me. Light goes green, f*ck it, I'm gone. Like, they were tied to a tree gone. Third gear even shoved me back. It was the first thing that made me smile after the loss. The torque bump is very noticeable.

I can't objectively say it was worth the $70 price tag of the race fuel but it's good to know that the tune will respond to higher octane. I can see why there's a few advocates for making 95 octane the normal with how well high compression engines respond to it.
Sorry to hear about your cat, that's a tough one.

I agree on the race gas. Definitely a difference, but man that stuff is crazy expensive now.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

I agree on the race gas. Definitely a difference, but man that stuff is crazy expensive now.

Thats the whole point of E85, I use it as a cheap race fuel alternative. I run 3 gallons of E85 (true E85) and 12 gallons of 91.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Thats the whole point of E85, I use it as a cheap race fuel alternative. I run 3 gallons of E85 (true E85) and 12 gallons of 91.
No e85 near me, and I'm not really interested in voiding my warranty by running more than e15 anyway.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
No e85 near me, and I'm not really interested in voiding my warranty by running more than e15 anyway.
The point wasn't to use a full tank of e85. It's to mix in with your regular fill up because you can't get e15 without mixing, at least to my knowledge. It's not voiding anything. I recall reading that e30 is the max you'd want to go, on the stock tune, without risking running too lean. Although you'd need genuine e85 for that.

E85 doesn't really give you a big octane bump, though. I don't even think your mix puts you at 93 octane. You'd need a lot of e85 than the tune may be compatible with. Not that it's a bad idea, though. 93 e15 will be more knock resistant than 93 e0.

Thank you. I had her for 19 years so it's felt a bit empty around the house. And right!? I knew it was expensive but had no idea it was that bad. The leaded 112 octane was about $4 less a gallon. It's too bad we can't use it. I'm curious if one tank or two of 3 galons leaded fuel would actually cause any harm.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
E85 doesn't really give you a big octane bump, though. I don't even think your mix puts you at 93 octane. You'd need a lot of e85 than the tune may be compatible with. Not that it's a bad idea, though. 93 e15 will be more knock resistant than 93 e0.

Thank you. I had her for 19 years so it's felt a bit empty around the house. And right!? I knew it was expensive but had no idea it was that bad. The leaded 112 octane was about $4 less a gallon. It's too bad we can't use it. I'm curious if one tank or two of 3 galons leaded fuel would actually cause any harm.
Screenshot_20200610-234356.png

Not according to the calculator I use

Last edited:

Sponsored

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
The leaded 112 octane was about $4 less a gallon. It's too bad we can't use it. I'm curious if one tank or two of 3 galons leaded fuel would actually cause any harm.
The answer is yes. It does not take much of any catalyst poison to deactivate the precious metals in the catalytic converters. I highly advise against it.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm on my second tank of running 3 gallons of e85 to a tank of 91. It definitely performs better.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The answer is yes. It does not take much of any catalyst poison to deactivate the precious metals in the catalytic converters. I highly advise against it.
More so curious than wanting to try it. I've heard of people mixing leaded fuel on "race day" and have been okay so it had me wondering if it's a per gram thing or concentration level or something.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I've been following the thread about gas. I never tried mixing. Since I already get 93 octane does it make any sense to try a couple of fill ups with 3 gallons of e85 added to 93? I will say I like the performance as is but willing to try the mix.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
More so curious than wanting to try it. I've heard of people mixing leaded fuel on "race day" and have been okay so it had me wondering if it's a per gram thing or concentration level or something.
It's a cumulative thing. Run enough lead through a converter and it will die.

Also, per the owners manual, fuels containing more than 15% alcohol should not be used. Last time I checked, to get 95 octane by mixing e85 with 91 octane it resulted in ~e43.

Screenshot_20200611-161033.png
Sponsored